Test Cricket Draft - Ordinary Edition

With strategies like that you could have been list manager at Carlton for about ten years

Bashar, like Carlton players over many years, makes you wonder how good he would've been with a good team around him.

Ashraful feels more like you wonder how he would've gone with the right mindset and coaching.

Geoff Marsh for me to open

1. Marsh (Aus)
2. Braithwaite (WI)
3. Ajit Wadekar (Ind)
6. Williams (Zim)
7. Ramdan (WI)
8. Perrera (Sri)
11. Rahman (Ban
Wild, New Zealand, South Africa, Pakistan, England

Van_Dyke
and then Art Vandelay_

Last edited:
I’ll continue building my batting lineup, and I’ll take a player who’s own cricinfo profile says “why he didn’t score more runs in tests is a mystery.” Currently he’ll open my batting and take up residency in the commentary box post dismissal, I’ll take Ramiz Raja - Pakistan, with his average of 32 with the stick
1. Raja
3. Bashar
5. Bairstow (+)
8. Sammy
10. Lakmal
11. Price
Art Vandelay_

Russel Arnold - Sri Lanka

Matches: 44
Bat Ave: 28.01

Opening batsman and captain of the commentary team sorted.

Mark Butcher - England

Matches: 71
Bat Ave: 34.54

When you have 70 matches and are still merely average then you belong here.
Both opening batsmen sorted.

1. Mark Butcher - England
2. Russel Arnold - Sri Lanka
4. Pataudi - India (C)
6. Taibu- Zimbabwe
7. Wade - Australia (WK)
10. Edwards - West Indies
11. Harris - South Africa

Van_Dyke

11. Price
@Art Vandelay_
Sorry, but I will have to decline the offer to be your wildcard 12th man.

I’ll continue building my batting lineup, and I’ll take a player who’s own cricinfo profile says “why he didn’t score more runs in tests is a mystery.” Currently he’ll open my batting and take up residency in the commentary box post dismissal, I’ll take Ramiz Raja - Pakistan, with his average of 32 with the stick
1. Raja
3. Bashar
5. Bairstow (+)
8. Sammy
10. Lakmal
11. Price
Art Vandelay_

His commentary fits the ordinary criteria as well

That's fine. The requirement is that they have to have a ten run gap at least, IF they have more than ten wickets. The wickets is a secondary thing.
* need to find him again

i got a shortlist of players with some real obscure names I hope

probably the best

Art Vandelay_
don't think butcher counts averages within 10 bowling and batting. 34 with bat 36 with ball

I got a player knocked back for similar
I budged on Masakadza thinking it was BS. Not budging on this one.

That is not a bowler's a-hole. 30 innings worth of bowling in 122 innings in the field and disqualified because he fluked a 4fa against Zimbabwe. He took wickets in only 7 innings. 7 out of 122.

The rules need to change.

Last edited:
there’s already been a mediocre South African spinner taken, and I’ll top that by going for a mediocre spinner who was more then handy with the stick in Pat Symcox, with his average of 28.5 with the stick and 43 with the ball

1. Raja
3. Bashar
5. Bairstow (+)
8. Sammy
10. Lakmal
11. Price

reggie

Jan 13, 2015
AFL Club
Sydney
Fine, whatever, you can have him even though no-one else has a problem fitting in the rules. I remembered Butcher from his county days as a good bowler who didn't do it that often because of the effect it had on his body, which is pretty clear on his FC record, but he's all yours.

i must admit, i had him on my shortlist , not knowing his bowling stats.

i'm just shitty he stole a game from us when gilly was skipper in england 2001.

I budged on Masakadza thinking it was BS. Not budging on this one.

That is not a bowler's a-hole. 30 innings worth of bowling in 122 innings in the field and disqualified because he fluked a 4fa against Zimbabwe. He took wickets in only 5 innings. 5 out of 122.

The rules need to change.
i agree but it will be upto the @speaker
there’s already been a mediocre South African spinner taken, and I’ll top that by going for a mediocre spinner who was more then handy with the stick in Pat Symcox, with his average of 28.5 with the stick and 43 with the ball

1. Raja
3. Bashar
5. Bairstow (+)
8. Sammy
10. Lakmal
11. Price

reggie
can i pick first haha

Ajit Wadekar

i must admit, i had him on my shortlist , not knowing his bowling stats.

i'm just shitty he stole a game from us when gilly was skipper in england 2001.
i went to pick him but ruled him out

Back