Recommend an Album

Remove this Banner Ad

Sad, beautiful album. If you’re into the likes of Nick Drake, you should like this.
The only release from the English band Sunhouse, who were led by Gavin Clark.
A tortured soul with a beautiful fragile voice, who never reached the heights he should have. He ended up delivering pizzas at one stage, before finally succumbing to alcohol abuse in 2015. Tragic.

Last edited:

Van Morrison- Astral Weeks.
Probably well known to a lot of you mob on here, but seriously, a masterpiece. A grower, takes a few listens, like all the best albums. And he recorded it when he was only 22!
One of the best albums of all time, IMHO. A hard 5/5.

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur FC
this is my favourite album from last year.

Surprise Chef - All News Is Good News
Surprise Chef are Coburg’s cinematic soul journeymen, pushing moody shades of instrumental jazz-funk with a DIY mentality.

The centrepiece of the College Of Knowledge Records roster, Surprise Chef’s output reflects a meticulous education of 1970’s soul, touching on the legacies of composer/producers David Axelrod & Isaac Hayes, with cues also taken from the catalogues of Daptone and Truth & Soul

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Victory,Napoli,Liverpool,Penguins
Repeating myself, reposting i think, but this is surely the greatest metal album ever. Point me to a better one...i doubt it's possible.

Having a listen as I write, Awesome stuff! I'm hooked! The singers also sounds a lot like Jim Morrision lol

Will download! thx :thumbsu:

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
While Im talking of Danzig....

In April 2020, he released an album of Elvis songs. Something he's been wanting to do for many years.

Unfortunately, he recorded this album 10-15 years too late -- his voice has gone these days, he can barely pull these songs off. But theres still some great renditions here.

Love a lot of the music, the mixing too. Perhaps the song "Pocketful of Rainbows" is my favorite, but there are a number of others i like a lot. And a few that are kinda sad/embarrassing to release on the album given the inability of his voice.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WireHawk

Team Captain
Aug 16, 2009
The Black Lodge
AFL Club
Hawthorn
My favourite band is Wire (1976-2006). Still going but not the same band since
a key member left in 2006. This is my favourite album of theirs. '154' was released
in 1979. It's also Al Jourgensen's all time fave album. 'Map Reference' is astounding.
The last four tracks are from an vinyl 45 include in the initial release as a bonus. One
track from each member of the band. 'Let's Panic Later' from bass/vocalist Graham Lewis
is tremendous.

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
My favourite band is Wire (1976-2006). Still going but not the same band since
a key member left in 2006. This is my favourite album of theirs. '154' was released
in 1979. It's also Al Jourgensen's all time fave album. 'Map Reference' is astounding.
The last four tracks are from an vinyl 45 include in the initial release as a bonus. One
track from each member of the band. 'Let's Panic Later' from bass/vocalist Graham Lewis
is tremendous.

Cheers, i'll probably download their entire discography tonight.

Mar 30, 2008
The Phase Realm
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
South Freo , Coney Island Warriors.

Van Morrison- Astral Weeks.
Probably well known to a lot of you mob on here, but seriously, a masterpiece. A grower, takes a few listens, like all the best albums. And he recorded it when he was only 22!
One of the best albums of all time, IMHO. A hard 5/5.

What a great song !

Aug 31, 2012
Pining for the fjords
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
******* stupid game
Restless and Wild is even better!

Restless and Wild is one of my all time favourite albums! Unfortunately they never hit those highs again, although they got close with Metal Heart.

I'm going to recommend Southeast Desert Metal's debut album. They're an aboriginal band from somewhere near Alice Springs. Their second album is great too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back