Toast Hawthorn have headf***ed everyone

BobDay

Senior List
Feb 2, 2010
City
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Most of the time Gerard Whateley does a pretty good job of interviewing and commentating:
But tonight it got too much for him
In a discussion about how many Hawthorn and Brisbane players From the 3-peat teams would reach Hall of frame status Gerard had to insert Geelong into the conversation
He spent more talking about how many Geelong players would make it:
Ha ha

Most of the time Gerard Whateley does a pretty good job of interviewing and commentating:
But tonight it got too much for him
In a discussion about how many Hawthorn and Brisbane players From the 3-peat teams would reach Hall of frame status Gerard had to insert Geelong into the conversation
He spent more talking about how many Geelong players would make it:
Ha ha
If you look at the strengths of those sides, Geelong certainly can lay claim to having as many 'legends of the game' as us or Brisbane - it was the depth that made the difference.

Cats will have quite a few dual and triple premiership players induced into the HoF over the next however long (I think Matt Scarlett might already be in? - I don't usually pay much attention to HoF so do know much about the inductees from other clubs tbh).

Pleased to see Greg Phillips inducted last night - sometimes there don't seem to be enough people who mostly made their name outside of the VFL/AFL in the HoF (it is an Australian Football HoF, so it bloody encompasses the whole sport).

Cats will have quite a few dual and triple premiership players induced into the HoF over the next however long (I think Matt Scarlett might already be in? - I don't usually pay much attention to HoF so do know much about the inductees from other clubs tbh).

Pleased to see Greg Phillips inducted last night - sometimes there don't seem to be enough people who mostly made their name outside of the VFL/AFL in the HoF (it is an Australian Football HoF, so it bloody encompasses the whole sport).
The thing about the AFL HoF and Legends list is that the vast majority of people don't voice their opinions about who they think should go into it in the weeks before the induction evening. They just voice who shouldn't have been inducted in the weeks after it.

WA and SA supporters particularly love to play victim over the whole thing, but if it matters that much to them then they should be making noise for their choices in the lead up.

Bruno Oresar

McDonalds voucher winner
Nov 9, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Respectfully disagree. Sick of seeing duds getting in the hall of fame for success in a second rate competition.

If they didn’t make it in the VFL/AFL then it doesn’t count for mine. Sick of people from SA or WA extolling the virtues of some bloke who played or coached in 4000 premierships for Port Adelaide or Subiaco. If the form ain’t franked by VFL/AFL form (i.e the big league) then I couldn’t give a flying rats
toss bag....Greg Phillips phhhffft

Sep 17, 2004
Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Respectfully disagree. Sick of seeing duds getting in the hall of fame for success in a second rate competition.

If they didn’t make it in the VFL/AFL then it doesn’t count for mine. Sick of people from SA or WA extolling the virtues of some bloke who played or coached in 4000 premierships for Port Adelaide or Subiaco. If the form ain’t franked by VFL/AFL form (i.e the big league) then I couldn’t give a flying rats
toss bag....Greg Phillips phhhffft

They should join the Fred Cook Hall of Fame

I think there must be another headf***ed thread somewhere for people like you......

It's not really a head*ed comment. It's hard to extol the virtues of good players from a league that wasn't the standard at the time.

Those that stood out completely have been elevated, as they should be; Robran, Ebert, Stephen Michael and so on. To argue that anyone else deserves to be there is just interstate whinging that the history of the AFL is the VFL, and not the SANFL or WAFL.

Roddy

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 10, 2006
M-Town
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Aussie Cricket team.
Personally love seeing #freekickhawthorn pop up in any discussion

Have even added it in myself just to get the flames burning hotter 👍
Nothing says 'I'm headf**ked' like #freekickhawthorn
Oh, and 'x other coach wot I like better deserves Legend status more than Kennedy.'
Oh, and 'da hawks won there threepeat in a weak era'.
Oh, and 'da hawks 80s era was coz of zoning'
et al......

Roddy

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 10, 2006
M-Town
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Aussie Cricket team.

Attachments

• E98803A0-7334-4515-896B-25AA1673428F.jpeg
    E98803A0-7334-4515-896B-25AA1673428F.jpeg
    153.8 KB · Views: 145
In 2008, Geelong were almost 200 free kicks ahead of Hawthorn - 10 contested possessions a game on average.

..and they still managed to blame the umpires.

As much as the Cats took that loss hard, I've never heard them blame 2008 on the umpires that I recall.

Excuses include their own poor kicking cost them and we cheated (rushed behinds)... but haven't heard the umpire call.

Pessimistic

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts HBF's Milk Crate - 70k Posts TheBrownDog
Sep 13, 2000
Melbourne cricket ground. Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
You can see the tack the scribes are going to take for the next few weeks. Obviously no matter how many 'kids' are played it wont be enough

Personally I'm encouraged more as these people wwaambulance more and more. Mens hawks ar holdingthe line. Its a nothing season.

Back