Injury The 2020 Injury thread discussion

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
"Cameron and the GIANTS have returned to the club with a relatively clean bill of health with only two players (housemates Tim Taranto and Matthew Flynn) likely to miss extended periods of the season."

"Tim Taranto is probably about eight to nine weeks away," he said.

The unscheduled break in the 2020 season means that the former co-captain is taking part in full training and expected to be available for round two.

Speaking with the media at the GIANTS training facility on Wednesday, Cameron said it would be a balancing act to ensure Ward has a suitable preparation considering the lack of second tier football.

"The challenge is does he need a game or two [before playing in the AFL side]? And you weigh that up between his training and seeing where he's at in the three and a half weeks," said Cameron.

"Going on what I've seen in this short amount of time and prior to when we broke, he was knocking on the door. He's 30 years old, we trust our ex-captain to play a come out and play a really good brand of footy from the start.

"If we don't think he's ready [by round two] then we'll give him another week. Right now there's probably no reason to hold him back."

Excellent news for Cal & GWS - but it does add to the logjam of players fighting for spots in the 22.

"Cameron and the GIANTS have returned to the club with a relatively clean bill of health with only two players (housemates Tim Taranto and Matthew Flynn) likely to miss extended periods of the season."

"Tim Taranto is probably about eight to nine weeks away," he said.

The unscheduled break in the 2020 season means that the former co-captain is taking part in full training and expected to be available for round two.

Speaking with the media at the GIANTS training facility on Wednesday, Cameron said it would be a balancing act to ensure Ward has a suitable preparation considering the lack of second tier football.

"The challenge is does he need a game or two [before playing in the AFL side]? And you weigh that up between his training and seeing where he's at in the three and a half weeks," said Cameron.

"Going on what I've seen in this short amount of time and prior to when we broke, he was knocking on the door. He's 30 years old, we trust our ex-captain to play a come out and play a really good brand of footy from the start.

"If we don't think he's ready [by round two] then we'll give him another week. Right now there's probably no reason to hold him back."

Excellent news for Cal & GWS - but it does add to the logjam of players fighting for spots in the 22.
I like that the logjam is full of quality, makes a nice change

So am I correct in saying all that is out now is Taranto & Flynn. Everyone else is available for selection.

Taranto 8 weeks away approx.

Flynn is how far away? He is probably 3rd in line (if not 4th) anyhow, but still it seems the club is bullish on him long term, so would be nice to have him developng.

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
So am I correct in saying all that is out now is Taranto & Flynn. Everyone else is available for selection.

Taranto 8 weeks away approx.

Flynn is how far away? He is probably 3rd in line (if not 4th) anyhow, but still it seems the club is bullish on him long term, so would be nice to have him developng.

Would put him 2nd behind Sauce, would of got his shot last year if it wasn’t for injury.
Mummy is great but his time has come. He is someone I want around the club for some time teaching our your rucks how to get the job done but on field he is there as a back up to Sauce until Flynn is ready.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would put him 2nd behind Sauce, would of got his shot last year if it wasn’t for injury.
Mummy is great but his time has come. He is someone I want around the club for some time teaching our your rucks how to get the job done but on field he is there as a back up to Sauce until Flynn is ready.

pre injury perhaps.

After 12 months off, Mummy is a certainty to come in before him. Briggs v Flynn is probably undecided after the long lay off.

Would be interesting to see where they rate Flynn fully fit, perhaps he's be pressuring Jacobs for a spot.

Despite everyone saying we need a ruck, I think Flynn and Briggs are more than adequate generation next for the rucks.

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
pre injury perhaps.

After 12 months off, Mummy is a certainty to come in before him. Briggs v Flynn is probably undecided after the long lay off.

Would be interesting to see where they rate Flynn fully fit, perhaps he's be pressuring Jacobs for a spot.

Despite everyone saying we need a ruck, I think Flynn and Briggs are more than adequate generation next for the rucks.

Unfortunately with no NEAFL you will probably be right, but who knows. Will find out soon enough hopefully.

We needed a ruck before we got Sauce. We now have 1 that will do the job very well until Flynn and Briggs are ready. I don’t think we need another now.

Hi
Hey fellas, how is Zac Williams travelling? Looking for a solid SC defender.
He's fit and will play.
I reckon he'll be done on SC points though, won't get the midfield minutes he got last year with the injuries

fridgeman

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
Updated yesterday

Good to see a timeframe for Flynn and hopefully he is back then and gets a debut, nto sure if Kennedy is good after a mention that he missed the intra club on saturday but plenty of options to come in for him and he will be back in soon if he does miss

Matt Flynn Knee 3-4 weeks
Adam Kennedy Hamstring Available
Xavier O'Halloran Ankle Available
Zac Sproule Knee TBC
Tim Taranto Shoulder 4-6 weeks
Callan Ward Knee Test
Zac Williams Achilles Available
Updated: Monday, June 8
Early prognosis
Taranto
will miss as he recovers from shoulder surgery in the off-season, with his return still some weeks off. But Ward should be ready to play following last year's knee reconstruction while Williams, who also missed round one, will be back to add even more quality to a line-up brimming with stars. - Callum Twomey

Mar 8, 2002
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
LA Angels
Here we go. After the grim reaper David Joyce and the equally cursed Wayne Campbell we now have an Anthony LaPaglia lookalike doing the honours this season.

New music track as well. Pulling out all stops!

Here we go. After the grim reaper David Joyce and the equally cursed Wayne Campbell we now have an Anthony LaPaglia lookalike doing the honours this season.

New music track as well. Pulling out all stops!

This guy is much more definite. Firmer time lines and less general vaguenss, every injury the last few years, we will be progressing them through the steps and see how it looks hopefully we will commence x at some point and if they get through that we'll start them y, maybe.

fridgeman

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
Missing from todays game and not listed for tomorrow

Flynn Knee 4 weeks

Hutchesson His name was mentioned in the rehab report and a minor Hamstring

Kennedy From the rehab report close to coming back from his hamstring in rd1

Brown back from Melbourne earlier this week where he did his isolation after going back to Ireland

Reid ?? Nothing in the rehab report or

Mumford Assuming because he is an emergency for tomorrow he didnt play today

Good to see Sproule and O'Halloran back from injuries earlier this year and hoping nothing comes from todays game

fridgeman

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS

Injury report video is up and nothing from either game by the sounds of it but 2 training injuries with Hutchesson re-injuring his hamstring and Reid doing his calf and 4-6 weeks for him and not sure on Hutchesson but maybe the same

Taranto 4 weeks away which is good news to have something definite

fridgeman

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS

Rehab report video up nice and early and 4 tests by the sounds of it

Whitfield Concussion
Daniels Concussion
Greene Knee
Kelly Calf

Hope they can all get up and provide some intensity