News Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that's a nice sight to see from the 3 most populous states of Australia:

Only issue is that the 1 case is a "Melbourne man who flew to Brisbane and Bundaberg to work as a fruit picker". Let's hope he hasn't been here, there & everywhere while picking fruit.

Aug 24, 2006
THE BIG V
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Roo4Life Member

Only issue is that the 1 case is a "Melbourne man who flew to Brisbane and Bundaberg to work as a fruit picker". Let's hope he hasn't been here, there & everywhere while picking fruit.

or even worse lets hope the virus cant be transmitted by the fruit he touches

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club

Excellente!

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club

The irony

1591478023030.png

About 25 residents at Hawthorn VillageAged Care in Bright have been placed under lockdown as authorities begin cleaning and contact tracing anyone who has visited the area. The infected resident is currently isolated in hospital while being treated for an unrelated health condition.
similars

The second case was a returned traveller now in hotel quarantine, with the state’s total now at 1687.

It was a public holiday yesterday, but these are still great figures... 16k tests is nothing to be sneezed at... While the 2 NSW cases were both hotel quarantines:

It was a public holiday yesterday, but these are still great figures... 16k tests is nothing to be sneezed at... While the 2 NSW cases were both hotel quarantines:

even with the factor of it being a public holiday, no community transmission in anyone tested across the country is wonderful

Jan 23, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
So the Uni has released the names of those that will be offered redundancy. FMD, I've lost four of my team members.... 50 % of my contracts/leasing team gone, there was only two of the campaigners.

HVAC tech- yeah only looks after the critical infrastructure, research, data centers and the like, also FMD. The kicker and it really show the disconnect between those that make decisions and their understanding of what we do. MY Electrical Engineer - gone , he was in tears, couldn't understand why. I said cause ya *en Indian mate and you don't follow football. He's lack of understanding was due to us about to have the biggest solar farm this side of Calcutta and we're about to become a power provider for more than just the Uni.

I should be right, anyone know SCADA??

I've actually got him him a job with an Engineering firm, I'll engage them so he'll still be around. He cried again and offered to take me to dinner, I said * off and follow North Melb!!

And then a new position was also snaffled , but they're keeping on an in-house Architect, useful as me.

So we all still think the price paid for isolation was the right call? My opinion was no and this is about control and I hate *en controlling campaigners !!

Peace out dudes !

And oh ISO reduction - fmd for other reasons- sheesh wish I could some pics lol.
Haven't posted much as I've been busy

View attachment 889287

Well we've destroyed Vic's third biggest sector - Education. Hope it was worth it
Sounds like you're having a bad time of it, or people you care about are, so i dont want to come across as mean spirited. But that picture is bloody useless on multiple levels.

Oct 12, 2008
The North of Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
So the Uni has released the names of those that will be offered redundancy. FMD, I've lost four of my team members.... 50 % of my contracts/leasing team gone, there was only two of the campaigners.

HVAC tech- yeah only looks after the critical infrastructure, research, data centers and the like, also FMD. The kicker and it really show the disconnect between those that make decisions and their understanding of what we do. MY Electrical Engineer - gone , he was in tears, couldn't understand why. I said cause ya fu**en Indian mate and you don't follow football. He's lack of understanding was due to us about to have the biggest solar farm this side of Calcutta and we're about to become a power provider for more than just the Uni.

I should be right, anyone know SCADA??

I've actually got him him a job with an Engineering firm, I'll engage them so he'll still be around. He cried again and offered to take me to dinner, I said fu** off and follow North Melb!!

And then a new position was also snaffled , but they're keeping on an in-house Architect, useful as me.

So we all still think the price paid for isolation was the right call? My opinion was no and this is about control and I hate fu**en controlling campaigners !!

Peace out dudes !

And oh ISO reduction - fmd for other reasons- sheesh wish I could some pics lol.
Haven't posted much as I've been busy

Sorry to hear mate

Jan 23, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
you don't think the fact that it's that low could have anything to do with eliminating most opportunities for the virus to spread?

Could well be right and we’ll never know I suppose . They like us living in a state of fear though. Of that we can be sure .
Makes it easier to control the masses. What’s next cab of the rank ? I don’t pretend I’m right, but I’ve witnessed some serious carnage. That may have been avoidable, is all .

Could well be right and we’ll never know I suppose . They like us living in a state of fear though. Of that we can be sure .
Makes it easier to control the masses. What’s next cab of the rank ? I don’t pretend I’m right, but I’ve witnessed some serious carnage. That may have been avoidable, is all .

My wife lost her job and I still think the right decisions were made.

Her cousin is a nurse, who welcomed anyone to visit when things first kicked off who thought the whole thing is BS.

Sorry to hear what you've gone through on your end TAO.

We all need to take a deep breath though.

People congregating online and collectively losing their s**t with misinformation is a receipe for disaster. It's why a majority of areas across BF are a complete s**t show. I'm not defending the government by any stretch but a majority of angst I've seen on BF is self inflicted. Lot of posters could do with a break from BF or social media in general. (Not referring to you, just some average posting I've seen over the last few months across BF)

Fair point. However, it has to be balanced against what things would look like with no lockdowns and the health systems throughout the world completely breaking down.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Anything in that picture that isnt red is not fair to compare to this virus. You dont get cancer or cardiovascular disease by being in close proximity to someone, so they are never going to result in international travel being banned. Even some that are communicable, like HIV, are not spread through the same circumstances. Since the point being made is about the education sector being effected, hardly anything in that picture would have that effect of stopping international flights. Which is why it's not a good point.

Since the less populous states report donuts most days now, this is pretty much the results at the end of today.

All 3 NSW cases are returned travellers in quarantine.

Of the 4 Vic cases, 1 is related to Rydges CBD, 1 is related to Scope Disability Services (day centre) in Chelsea, while the other 2 from routine testing are still being investigated.

Getting better, but it's still out there, especially in Victoria:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back