BigFooty Chess Club v Young Australian Chess Players - (FINAL SCORE: BIGFOOTY WIN 34-26)

Remove this Banner Ad

If I may make an observation, these more experienced match players may be taking advantages that we are missing, and the big one of these is perhaps the clock. We have three days at our disposal, not meaning that we should be dragging games out to Christmas, but neither should we be averaging five minutes a reply. I saw this in my own games, my opponent now has taken hours more than me. I'm (so far) holding my own but I'm thinking how much better could I be if I'd taken longer, analysed more and when I'd decided, rather than post immediately go and chat on a forum for a while. Then check over everything again before posting.

Make him wait, waste his time, let him get frustrated. Use the clock.

Absolutely. Think of your move and then give yourself a bit of time to forget it, look at it again later, and suddenly see the much better move you didn't notice before!

R

So how are we all going, are we winning?
Is there a live ladder or anything to get a guide on how we are going, which games are still going or finished?

EDIT: found it, looks like its 8 each at this stage woooo, GO BIGFOOTY!

9-8 now because of sthmelb_dimmies :)

My opponent blundered a rook in one game and a bishop in the other in the space of five minutes last night.
Hasnt moved since haha!
Or at least I think so. Maybe I made an error!?

edit nope!
Resignations in both!
11-8 us!!

What’s going on in your games Filthy Sanchez? Looks like the other bloke hasn’t registered a move yet the games are still going?

I believe his opponent has activated the ‘vacation’ mode, which allows him to be away for 3 months before making his first move.

MWPP puts us 13-12 up!

1591766001692.gif

Side note: anyone fancy a game with Deaneus! ? A bit unfortunate he got 2 default wins.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolutely. Think of your move and then give yourself a bit of time to forget it, look at it again later, and suddenly see the much better move you didn't notice before!

R

I think it would be cool to post a screenshot of the board, detail the plan and see if anyone sees a weakness? It’s a team thing right?

I think it would be cool to post a screenshot of the board, detail the plan and see if anyone sees a weakness? It’s a team thing right?

Not allowed mate...there is something called Vote Chess (where we go for the majority move) where I imagine we can discuss for next time.

Chipmunk, I've won both games.
One game he blundered a piece in the opening - classic Qa4+ followed by Qxb4.
The other was tight. He was weak on the dark squares after giving up his bishop for a knight on move 3. But the killer was getting his knight stuck in the corner. It was as good as dead. Once I got 2 past pawns, he quit.

I believe his opponent has activated the ‘vacation’ mode, which allows him to be away for 3 months before making his first move.

Just had a look at his opponent and he was online 2 days ago. Think he’s taking the piss a bit.

First game has ended in a draw with two kings and an un-promotable pawn. No points for having one more piece on the board unfortunately 🙂

I think they can now force a draw in the second game with perpetual check. We'll see if that's how they'll play it...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back