Discussion Random Chat Megathread Mk II

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah my computer started doing that on its way out. I think you're running out of memory
I have 16GB DDR4 RAM in my rig, so not sure memory would be the issue although I'll allocate some more memory to Photoshop and see if that helps. It doesn't happen very often maybe a few times a year, but seems to happen at the worst of times.

For a while now I've been considering changing from Paint. I've looked at Illustrator for a little bit, however, I know there are other designing softwares like Photoshop and Affinity Designer. Which software would be best for me does anyone think?
Affinity has a 90 day free trial. It's great vector software and that gives you plenty of time to get to grips with the pen tool.

Hey guys, I noticed Affinity Designer is at half price - $39. They're also doing a 90(!) day free trial. Coronavirus reasons, or whatever. Anyway I've been using it for months and it is beat for beat as good as Illustrator for creating Footy Jumpers, or in other words, it's perfect for people who do design stuff for a hobby and don't want to pay 30 bucks a month for some decent vector software.

If you are handy with the pen tool it's worth the punt. If you aren't, 90 days is plenty time to get the hang of it. I'm posting this because I know a lot of you are students who can't afford the Adobe suite, and the software is genuinely really good.

For a while now I've been considering changing from Paint. I've looked at Illustrator for a little bit, however, I know there are other designing softwares like Photoshop and Affinity Designer. Which software would be best for me does anyone think?
Ive been using a program called Inkscape for a while now. Its vector based and serves me pretty well. Theres a channel on Youtube called Logos by Nick and he has little tutorials for doing different stuff in Inkscape, nothing guernsey based but he has some guides for creating different types of logos and doing different things.
Also once you get the hang of what you are doing in Inkscape the DIY template tutorial can be pretty easily followed despite the fact its for Illustrator.

Hmmm, some would say that, others however may say

VOPufS9.png

Just finessed a pretty good trade on Facebook. Traded a non-authentic Swooping Magpie Longie I had made up a few years ago for a Collingwood 'Mini skips' VFL jumper which we wore between 1986 to 1988 I believe (picture of what im talking about below). Retail of course, but still, can't believe I was able to flip that jumper for that much, thought I'd be selling for $60-80 for what is just a reproduced jumper.
1590580511787.png

What are some killer trades/buys you guys have pulled off in the past?

Just finessed a pretty good trade on Facebook. Traded a non-authentic Swooping Magpie Longie I had made up a few years ago for a Collingwood 'Mini skips' VFL jumper which we wore between 1986 to 1988 I believe (picture of what im talking about below). Retail of course, but still, can't believe I was able to flip that jumper for that much, thought I'd be selling for $60-80 for what is just a reproduced jumper.
View attachment 882448

What are some killer trades/buys you guys have pulled off in the past?

RIP

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah she was a beaut', but now that I've got 2 proper swoops I thought its probably time to move her on.
But yeah as Calo said, there were quite a few takers for the jumper on that page who were willing to go $120 so I can link you up with a few of those blokes if you'd like.

Yeah she was a beaut', but now that I've got 2 proper swoops I thought its probably time to move her on.
But yeah as Calo said, there were quite a few takers for the jumper on that page who were willing to go $120 so I can link you up with a few of those blokes if you'd like.

Sounds good man, just send them my way on FB.

Enjoy. I believe those who have bought them have not been disappointed.

Can confirm, drinking tea out of my Cousins Ochre mug rn.

Life is good.

Can confirm, drinking tea out of my Cousins Ochre mug rn.

Life is good.
Which, I can add, has been taken down from the site at the AFL's request and is no longer in production, and is therefore a collectors item.

I thought this might be of interest to some people here:

To celebrate New Era's 100th anniversary, they've released an AFL heritage series, which includes the 10 Victorian clubs, South Melbourne, Fitzroy and Port Adelaide.

They aren't cheap at $60, but they're the premium quality wool New Era hats, and that price qualifies you for free delivery Australia wide.

I was pretty chuffed to see Port properly included in this series. We've certainly been an afterthought with this sort of thing in the past.

I thought this might be of interest to some people here:

To celebrate New Era's 100th anniversary, they've released an AFL heritage series, which includes the 10 Victorian clubs, South Melbourne, Fitzroy and Port Adelaide.

They aren't cheap at $60, but they're the premium quality wool New Era hats, and that price qualifies you for free delivery Australia wide.

I was pretty chuffed to see Port properly included in this series. We've certainly been an afterthought with this sort of thing in the past.

Honestly devastated West Coast didn’t get one.

In fact, our OG logo has only gotten a run once on a New Era cap, and that was forever ago and it was on a grey base. :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back