FTA-TV Uk cop shows - shadow line, top boy and more

Remove this Banner Ad

Deadwater fell: Garbage. Don’t waste your time. Super disappointing. Boring, fake tension, lifeless characters, too many time jumps, just a mess.

Just finished 'Deadwater Fell'. I think your comments are way too harsh. It's not perfect, but there's some good stuff in there & it's only 200 minutes all up. The time jumps are definitely NOT an issue at all imo.

One thing I will say is that I am starting to get a little tired of shows using children to elicit sympathy. It seems to follow David Tennant around!

Last edited:
I'm with Davey on Deadwater Fell. It was OK, nothing special. I gave up on Marcella early doors. The premise is lame, and I just don't think she is much of an actress. More Happy Valley? Normally, I'd say yeah, but right now I'm not sure how much more misery the UK can take! :D

I'm with Davey on Deadwater Fell. It was OK, nothing special. I gave up on Marcella early doors. The premise is lame, and I just don't think she is much of an actress. More Happy Valley? Normally, I'd say yeah, but right now I'm not sure how much more misery the UK can take! :D

Wot.

UK is a perfect place for crime dramas :p .

Yeah it's a goodun, Kelly Mac as always nailing her role (has she ever been in anything 'bad'? If so I haven't seen it yet), she created a lot of conflict for me which is a sign of a job well done.

Speaking of Kelly Mac, was rewatching "State of Play" and she pops up in it in a central role. Totally forgot she was in it.

"State of Play" is a good series for something short and sweet, only 6 eps. As well as Kelly Mac, there is a very young James Macavoy and the Hound from GoT looking like a giant.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whitehouse farm looks interesting.

Stephen Graham plays a campaigner in everything he's in.

Just smashed through White House Farm. It seems like a pretty good rendition of the actual events. I liked that
they left it a little ambiguous so you make you own mind up.

Last edited:
Just smashed through White House Farm. It seems like a pretty good rendition of the actual events and I liked that

I thought X was going to get off
And was it really X or was it X and Y.

I dont know how to do spoliers.

The cop at the end was not really happy Y was getting money from the pappers etc

I thought X was going to get off
And was it really X or was it X and Y.

I dont know how to do spoliers.

The cop at the end was not really happy Y was getting money from the pappers etc

Yeah and she had a record of cheque fraud. Maybe not the innocent girl the show depicted?

Spoilers - you highlight the text then click the insert special icon about half way along the menu buttons.

1591891541827.png

I thought it was a good little series.
Classic UK 6 ep mini series.

It was one of those shows where I kept thinking 'where do I know that actor from'? Stephen Graham is in everything at the moment so I knew him. And Alfie Allen who was Theon Greyjoy in Game of Thrones. I was up to about ep 4 when I realised the cousin played by Gemma Whelan was Theon's sister Yara in GoT. I recognised Mark Addy as the bloke from the Full Monty but I didn't suss he was Robert Baratheon from GoT until I checked his credit list. Likewise with Millie Brady who is Aethelflaed in The Last Kingdom.

Just smashed through White House Farm. It seems like a pretty good rendition of the actual events. I liked that
I thought it was a good little series.
Classic UK 6 ep mini series.

I'm 4 eps in on 'White House Farm'. I'm liking it well enough... But sometimes I get the feeling actors can tend to over-act when the series is based on actual events (I presume to match the real-life characters, but who knows). As much as it was lauded, I had the same issue with U.S show 'When They See Us'. It's like real life ends up being stranger than fiction.

In this case, I'm referring mainly to Freddie Fox's smugness as the surviving son and Stephen Graham's accent (which I believe is meant to be Welsh - could've fooled me).

EDIT: Just finished it. Gee, if that was the court case in a nutshell, then I'm unsure the prosecution did enough. Maybe that smugness was required, as that may be what sunk him at the end (since the real-life reports suggest he was even smug in the courtroom... Apparently that line of "that's what you have to prove" was real!).

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back