Proof that Eddie McGuire is "hopelessly conflicted"

Remove this Banner Ad

Feel slightly sorry for Eddie these days tbh. He is back doing what he was doing 20+ years ago..quiz shows and footy chat.

Remember when he was going to be president if we became a republic? pretty sure he saw it all unfolding differently at one stage.

Good post, I feel like he is heading in the John Elliott territory. No that he is like him, just that there reached a point where people stopped taking him seriously he lost touch.

Just watching FC now. * me Eddie’s a big buttinsky. Lloyd saying something Ed talks over him. Caro starts on the Rich/Coll game guess what Ed butts in. Loves the sound of his own voice.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Just watching FC now. fu** me Eddie’s a big buttinsky. Lloyd saying something Ed talks over him. Caro starts on the Rich/Coll game guess what Ed butts in. Loves the sound of his own voice.

Controls the narrative. Remind you of someone orange in the US of A? And if it goes against his thinking it’s..... ‘fake news’.....

Just watching FC now. fu** me Eddie’s a big buttinsky. Lloyd saying something Ed talks over him. Caro starts on the Rich/Coll game guess what Ed butts in. Loves the sound of his own voice.

Several times last night he alluded to having Gil in his pocket. Like Gil was at his beck and call. The sad thing is, it's probably true.

The amount of tripe he dribbles over multiple platforms wearing multiple hats means he is partly a victim to the infinite monkey theorem.

Another significant part is that most of the times he gets into trouble he is trying to be one of the boys, joking etc, except that he just isn't that funny, so instead of a bad joke falling flat it is a racist joke falling flat.

The other part I can only surmise is that he has long ago taken stock of the Australian public's acceptance of casual racism and runs a pseudo Trump style media persona, albeit only allowing himself the length of rope that he believes the Australian public will give him (which thankfully isn't as long as the rope he would be afforded in the US). In this way he knows he will always have a sizeable minority excusing it as either a faux pas or not inherently racist.

**I know I have referenced both monkeys and rope in a discussion which had moved toward discussing racism but I don't believe either reference to have racial overtones. Mods please delete if I have incorrectly misjudged (yes I am aware I have gone meta here and basically done a McGuire - yikes).**

Eddie clearly joined Footy Classified to tone down Caro's narrative and criticism of him. For all of Caro's faults, she's one of the few Vic journalists that isn't afraid of him, although being in the room treading the line between being her buddy and threatening her, the fat man's bullyboy playbook is textbook.
Ed could do that without joining the panel. His company makes the show.

No they don't. Croc media, Hutchy's company makes the show. Ed obviously has some pull at Ch 9 Malbun though.
No, just checked. It’s JAM TV and Eddie is Chairman of this company

No, just checked. It’s JAM TV and Eddie is Chairman of this company

Well there you go. Just shows how the fat campaigner controls the narrative. It disgusts me that a Port board member is the CEO of that company, a huge conflict of interest which hurts Port. Eddie's man on our board, appointed by the AFL. Disgusting.

I still don't know how he got away with that. Even an American NFL club President would get sacked for a comment like that, but Eddie got no punishment at all, no real backlash either or calls to resign. The King Kong comment should have been enough to remove him from the sport entirely and the fact it wasn't shows racism isn't taken too seriously by people in Australia.

yeah but that Gorilla comment was meant to be a joke, Eddie was burnt out etc.. blah blah blah
He always has an excuse and always has people, Jurno's that defend him. Always! No matter what he does or says.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i hope to hell he doesn't get into politics. the way he acts in the footballing realm, with all his hypocrisy etc, we'll all be doomed.

Last edited:
The amount of tripe he dribbles over multiple platforms wearing multiple hats means he is partly a victim to the infinite monkey theorem.

Another significant part is that most of the times he gets into trouble he is trying to be one of the boys, joking etc, except that he just isn't that funny, so instead of a bad joke falling flat it is a racist joke falling flat.

The other part I can only surmise is that he has long ago taken stock of the Australian public's acceptance of casual racism and runs a pseudo Trump style media persona, albeit only allowing himself the length of rope that he believes the Australian public will give him (which thankfully isn't as long as the rope he would be afforded in the US). In this way he knows he will always have a sizeable minority excusing it as either a faux pas or not inherently racist.

**I know I have referenced both monkeys and rope in a discussion which had moved toward discussing racism but I don't believe either reference to have racial overtones. Mods please delete if I have incorrectly misjudged (yes I am aware I have gone meta here and basically done a McGuire - yikes).**

He definitely has a weird sense of humor, most of his jokes a generally not funny and mostly a little bit awkward.

The bloke is only 55, sometimes you would think he was 85 with some of his try hard humor. Most of his panellists just give him sympathy chuckles.

It's really weird.

I think he might genuinely have Asperger's syndrome; he's obviously very intelligent, has poor social skills (in terms of filter and social awareness on how what he's saying is being received, not shyness), is persistent professionally and with his opinions not matter how wrong they are and seems to have some problems with emotional control - He gets wound up relatively easily and call people out seemingly out of nowhere.

I think he might genuinely have Asperger's syndrome; he's obviously very intelligent, has poor social skills (in terms of filter and social awareness on how what he's saying is being received, not shyness), is persistent professionally and with his opinions not matter how wrong they are and seems to have some problems with emotional control - He gets wound up relatively easily and call people out seemingly out of nowhere.
No he is just a overweight racist bully

yeah but that Gorilla comment was meant to be a joke, Eddie was burnt out etc.. blah blah blah
He always has an excuse and always has people, Jurno's that defend him. Always! No matter what he does or says.
He actually tried yet again on the Wednesday show to say that the Adam Goodes "joke" was the opposite of what he meant - like saying Goodes should promote a gorilla musical was actually him saying Goodes shouldn't promote a gorilla musical? It would have been a laughable glossing over of reality if it hadn't caused so much grief for Goodes. He's on FC primarily to push his special interests. He uses the hosting position to editorialise on all the matters that he thinks could be damaging to his reputation, or good for Collingwood. FC has taken a dive since Eddie got involved.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back