Preview AFL Returns - Round 2: North Melbourne vs GWS @ Giants Stadium - changes/prematch discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I doubt Kyron tags.

Something tells me Shaw has moved him back and he has brained it the role in training and simulation. Hence the quick call up.

Hayden has replaced Murphy.

I believe we're going to back ourselves in, head to head if you like. But this social distancing is making it harder to get info that's correct. I reckon yesterday was the first time I've got the team wrong in a very long time.

Don’t know what to expect. Just want us to be competitive. GWS are a much better team on paper so I am happy to win or get within 20 points to be honest.

I understand what you're saying gk- when though can we expect to challenge all comers? I'm a bit over it all tbh. A 20 point defeat is a tick over a goal a quarter.

I understand what you're saying gk- when though can we expect to challenge all comers? I'm a bit over it all tbh. A 20 point defeat is a tick over a goal a quarter.
Fair question. Just don’t think we have the class they have on their list.

By chance, for the first time in my life, I have a direct line to a member of North’s inner sanctum. The good news is that he’s very bullish about how we are going about things from a team build/management point of view. The bad news is he doesn’t believe we have a hope in hell of beating GWS tomorrow. I hope he’s underestimating the boys.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

By chance, for the first time in my life, I have a direct line to a member of North’s inner sanctum. The good news is that he’s very bullish about how we are going about things from a team build/management point of view. The bad news is he doesn’t believe we have a hope in hell of beating GWS tomorrow. I hope he’s underestimating the boys.

what kind of inner sanctum guy says we have no hope?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I believe we're going to back ourselves in, head to head if you like. But this social distancing is making it harder to get info that's correct. I reckon yesterday was the first time I've got the team wrong in a very long time.
They're a good side but we need to take them on and beat them. What's the point in going out to nullify them about eke out a 30 point loss?

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Not great if our inner scrotum is thinking like that, but it's probably on the money.

Apparently the boys will all leave Arden Street at 6:45AM on the same bus together to the airport. That's a bloody early start, probably up around 5AM or earlier for many of the boys. Not an ideal lead into a game.

The * campaigners have it worse. Up at 5AM, but have to wait almost 12 hours before they play. Zero sympathy.

They're a good side but we need to take them on and beat them. What's the point in going out to nullify them about eke out a 30 point loss?

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

No point mate at all , let us off the leash and see how we go . Run, run and run . That will be the plan Stan.

The way that journo describes it you'd think it was Cunnington who tackled Deboer and not the otherway around. If he didnt continue to scrag Cunners after the whistle, Cunnington wouldnt have had to thrown him off.

Do you reckon that we'll use Hoppers comments to goad the team on. I reckon the team wouldnt be happy with the idea that they are going to target Cunners.

Too many good players in that team to keep quiet....you only need 2-3 to have a good start and then the rest jump on board. Rubbish finals team but home & away GWS are a difficult side to beat.

I think our effort will be there. Who knows maybe the pandemic may have had harder effect on them then us and we might be able to capitalise.

Anyone can win after this massive break

These games will show how fit and serious teams take their conditioning over the break. Melbourne stormed out of the blocks but then lost all steam. Same with the pies.

If Shaw is right and we really used the time off well, I wouldn’t underestimate our chances of winning

Then again, GWS have a great list but they’ve had less recovery than us too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back