Preview Round 2, 2020: GWS vs North Melbourne, Giants Stadium, Sunday June 14th 1:05pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm stoked cumming got a run, was fearful he'd miss.

Langdon also a bit stiff too, just goes to show how strong the team is
he was probably in a shootout with llyod for spot (assuming you have Daniels as a lock as I do), again, whoever missed there was always going to be stiff.

Bobby Hill probably breathing down their neck also!

As above Green unlucky as well.

Can see Green and Langdon back for next Friday ... a bit of rotation
big chance.
Maybe Ward gets a rest to avoid the 5 day turnaround.

Yep, those who missed were stiff; Zac Langdon very stiff in my mind ... but excited that Jye Caldwell gets a run, and would say that the team balance is probably better with the additional midfielder than another small forward.

Now - win the game!

Agree with the better balance, and also think he was very stiff. That said if Lloyd missed he would have been equally unlucky.

very good problem to have!

With the players in the 22 they really do have the pressure to perform with so much quality still able to come into the side

Really good spot to be in...

Need to come out with finals intent from the get go

Hojuman

조수미 사랑해요
May 20, 2012
Seoul
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Good luck to any of you guys who scored a ticket. We are bringing a reasonable side but no Larkey up forward or Williams down back may hurt. Coupla' kids, Scott, Taylor, Hayden nice to see but you guys probably too strong all around.

If you meet Geelong in the finals please draw Dangerflog & Gablett to tears on preliminary final day. Cheers 👍

What does everyone think about the shortened quarters and its impact on our gameplay?

I'm not a fan and don't think the shortened quarters/longer breaks will help us at all considering we have a team of young guns who can run teams off their legs with the normal length quarters.

Hojuman

조수미 사랑해요
May 20, 2012
Seoul
AFL Club
North Melbourne
What does everyone think about the shortened quarters and its impact on our gameplay?

I'm not a fan and don't think the shortened quarters/longer breaks will help us at all considering we have a team of young guns who can run teams off their legs with the normal length quarters.

You'll be even more dynamic.

Im only a fan if it's for a 5 day turn around and they squeezed more rounds in but they didn't

Regarding our game play i don't think it will have much impact, teams just need to be switched on from the start and bring almost a finals like tempo from the first bounce

Regardless of 16 or 20 min quarters you need play a 100% we have the players waiting for the following week for rotation

With the longer quarters during the home and away some games its like teams play at 70-80% and coast through but come finals it is faster and more intent thats what the shorter game brings if you want the win

We have the leg speed, skill set and player depth to make both work

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS

Think it may not benefit us. We seem to be one of the fitter clubs and longer quarters helps us.

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
IMG_0587.jpg

Brought up on FB fan group. Classy

fridgeman

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
Looking forward to the game tomorrow and hopefully the crowd can make some noise ;)

Disappointed for those who missed out but with the tight turnaround I can see a few changes for that game

It will be interesting to see how the players line up and where Williams plays, mid or defence? I would like to see him in the mids as I think he adds something different to that mix and it could be that Whitfield and him swap depending on where they are impacting and if any tags are applied

Not sure if Caldwell will play forward or mid/forward but like rd 1 with Green attending some centre bounces I can see a similar mix for him

Interesting that Reid isnt even an emergency after playing every game last year (I think?) I do see a role for him in the 22 this year but maybe he has a minor injury or is on a modified program for some reason

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Interesting that Reid isnt even an emergency after playing every game last year (I think?) I do see a role for him in the 22 this year but maybe he has a minor injury or is on a modified program for some reason

To be fair though we were never full strength at any stage last year that I can remember.

Practice match vs Swans

Lachie Ash

“He just continued his strong development off half-back. He put together a great pre-season and had a good eight weeks off and it’s another positive step to push towards AFL at some stage this year.”

Tom Green

“He responded well after missing out on senior selection this week. He took up a bit of a leadership role in the midfield early. He attacks the ball, always. He’s a strong tackler and is able to get forward as well. He’s running as well as he ever has which is a benefit of the eight weeks off.”

Zac Langdon

“Another one that fought back through being dropped and came with the right mindset. We know what we get with Zac week-in, week-out and he proved again why he’s an AFL calibre player.”

Matt Buntine

“‘Bunts’ was rock-solid and continues to show why we trust him. He’ll be pressing his case in the next few weeks.”

Xavier O’Halloran

“It was the best game I’ve seen him play in GIANTS colours. He has power and speed inside and he was clean. He brought teammates into it and used the footy as well as we could have asked.”

To be fair though we were never full strength at any stage last year that I can remember.
I think he will come in if Heater butchers the ball too many times, Sam can do a better lock down role in the back line

But what a position the club is in that we have so much depth

I think he will come in if Heater butchers the ball too many times, Sam can do a better lock down role in the back line

But what a position the club is in that we have so much depth
I have Reid a long way done the pecking order. I love his effort, but he doesn't have the skills of our top 25 or so players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back