Preview AFL Returns - Round 2: North Melbourne vs GWS @ Giants Stadium - changes/prematch discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way that journo describes it you'd think it was Cunnington who tackled Deboer and not the otherway around. If he didnt continue to scrag Cunners after the whistle, Cunnington wouldnt have had to thrown him off.

Do you reckon that we'll use Hoppers comments to goad the team on. I reckon the team wouldnt be happy with the idea that they are going to target Cunners.

It’s a pity they didn’t fly the flag on GF day. They should be more concerned with that than an injury to a bloke who had it coming.

Get GWS to play the physical game, let's play the man and not the ball.

what kind of inner sanctum guy says we have no hope?

It was just a jokey throwaway line. Stupid of me to have disclosed it, in hindsight. We shouldn’t read too much into it. The main message I was trying to get out was that he was very impressed with how we are going about things. It’s, also, just an acknowledgement of how strong GWS look.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
It was just a jokey throwaway line. I wouldn’t read too much into it. Stupid of me to have disclosed it, in hindsight. We shouldn’t read too much into it. The main message I was trying to get out was that he was very impressed with how we are going about things. It’s, also, just an acknowledgement of how strong GWS look.

No thats fair i read too much into it

Too many good players in that team to keep quiet....you only need 2-3 to have a good start and then the rest jump on board. Rubbish finals team but home & away GWS are a difficult side to beat.

I think our effort will be there. Who knows maybe the pandemic may have had harder effect on them then us and we might be able to capitalise.

We have to remember how they were gf day... I know it's not the same but they weren't too good that day.... they are only human

North fielding a relatively tall side tomorrow despite Larkey out.

Also a very experienced side despite a few younger faces getting a run.

GWSAttributeNorth Melbourne
188.2cmHeight188.7cm
87.5kgWeight87.0kg
26yr 1mthAge26yr 5mth
110.6Games110.4

FFS didn’t you read snakes post?
you need to get on board you s**t stirrer!

Not great if our inner scrotum is thinking like that, but it's probably on the money.

Apparently the boys will all leave Arden Street at 6:45AM on the same bus together to the airport. That's a bloody early start, probably up around 5AM or earlier for many of the boys. Not an ideal lead into a game.

The * campaigners have it worse. Up at 5AM, but have to wait almost 12 hours before they play. Zero sympathy.
Ofcourse the AFL will start a game at 1pm on a Sunday when they could have played both these games in the middle of the afternoon and minimized the waiting times. Essendon will be sitting around for minimum three hours once they land in Sydney and we’ll be waiting the same amount of time before heading home.
Boys should do all their post game recovery at Homebush before going to the airport.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hearts, minds, and sheer will can overcome class. If Rhyce has us in the right headspace, who’s to say we can’t win?
90% is above the shoulders - we come out on fire and execute our game plan , we can win this.
Let’s see if Shaw can get more out of these players than brad did.

Anyone can win after this massive break

These games will show how fit and serious teams take their conditioning over the break. Melbourne stormed out of the blocks but then lost all steam. Same with the pies.

If Shaw is right and we really used the time off well, I wouldn’t underestimate our chances of winning

Then again, GWS have a great list but they’ve had less recovery than us too

Goldy a key here IMO. He'll eat up shorter quarters and won't have let himself stagnate over the break.

Hope we break them into pieces.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back