News New Sponsor Position: Above Numbers

Jul 17, 2006
Victoria
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Melbourne Victory
Will be interesting to see whether it's the same Ford logo that's currently under the numbers, the blue oval that's on the front of the jumper, or if the club and Ford will follow the Adelaide-Toyota route and advertise a specific model (Mustang, Ranger etc.)

First thing I thought when I read it was that if they're going down that path, they should do specific models. Duplicating the same logo seems pointless to me.

If it stays permanently, I could see them reversing it and putting a small Ford logo at the top, with the larger model names below.

Jul 4, 2012
County Grant
AFL Club
Geelong
Will be interesting to see whether it's the same Ford logo that's currently under the numbers, the blue oval that's on the front of the jumper, or if the club and Ford will follow the Adelaide-Toyota route and advertise a specific model (Mustang, Ranger etc.)
Good question, not surprised Ford will take the spot, the Cats have never had another sponsor on the jumper.

First thing I thought when I read it was that if they're going down that path, they should do specific models. Duplicating the same logo seems pointless to me.

If it stays permanently, I could see them reversing it and putting a small Ford logo at the top, with the larger model names below.

Same thought crossed my mind, having the exact same logo above and below the numbers would be interesting but probably wouldn't be worth the effort of having new jumpers made up or heat press patches being organised. I'd say the 1859 (which was only added above the numbers this year) might be taken off

I've thought for quite a few years now (from around the time the Crows started advertising the HiLux and CH-R on the back of the jumper) that advertising a specific model would be a good opportunity. The Ranger Raptor logo would look real nice on the jumper

Ford Ranger Raptor Confirmed for 2018 Launch (in Asia Pacific, At ...

Good question, not surprised Ford will take the spot, the Cats have never had another sponsor on the jumper.

I'm glad that Ford will be taking the spot, I was pretty confident that we'd take up the opportunity to have another logo on the jumper (we've been open to experimenting with our jumpers over the last few years: names in 2009, photos in 2016, sleeves in 2017). Hopefully it's a little boost in organising a new sponsorship deal with Ford (the current deal runs out in 2020, and we're only five years away from a 100-year partnership)

I've spent some slow afternoons looking through the sponsors page on footyjumpers.com, something I've just thought to do would be count the amount of different companies and logos that have appeared on each teams jumper. We've had just one company but a few different variations of the logo, whereas the Bulldogs had five or six different companies all in the one season (2002 I believe)

Jul 4, 2012
County Grant
AFL Club
Geelong
unless the clubs are getting a great cash boost, I don't see the point in this?
Keeps the sponsors happy to maintain current payments during a shortened season. The only real benefit I see in the new sponsor spot is during the quarter time huddle.
Next year I would guess they will lower or condense the numbers a little so the neck sponsor is at least the size of the shorts sponsor.

Keeps the sponsors happy to maintain current payments during a shortened season. The only real benefit I see in the new sponsor spot is during the quarter time huddle.
Next year I would guess they will lower or condense the numbers a little so the neck sponsor is at least the size of the shorts sponsor.
Didn't they say it wouldn't be there next year?
I mean, I know once they start its hard to stop but it doesn't really work so hopefully like the Surname thing it will be common sense that wins

If I were NIB and sponsoring the Tigers, a tiny second NIB logo wouldn't be the difference being happy or not
You sponsor the club, not sponsoring 22 weeks

Back