Discussion Random Chat Megathread Mk II

Remove this Banner Ad

Gibbsy

Cakewalk
Oct 12, 2009
Geetroit
AFL Club
Collingwood
That makes no sense at all to me, the term Western in Ballarat refers to a pub and the Redan footy club, that's it. We don't see ourselves as Western anything. Give Footscray their name back.

It's not about specifically Ballarat... come on, man. As if I know what your pubs are called. It's more to do with the fact that they're trying to capture large parts of Western Victoria. The Ballarat deal is just a part of that.

It's not about specifically Ballarat... come on, man. As if I know what your pubs are called. It's more to do with the fact that they're trying to capture large parts of Western Victoria. The Ballarat deal is just a part of that.
And yet I see no presence in Point Cook, odd

Strauchanside

Team Captain
May 19, 2012
Ballarat
AFL Club
Carlton
Perhaps the Bulldogs should have gone with either a) Western Suburbs Bulldogs or b) Western Victoria Bulldogs to give them an actual locality identity. Personally, I'd love to see them back as the Footscray Football Club on the field, not just as the clubs trading name.

Cancel the AFL season. Covid is still around, we can't take that risk.
give me a few hours to think about it, but I might just agree with you.

someone is booking their bus ticket to the grand final right about now.
Already making space for the Premiership poster
tenor.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1592178575872.png

EFL spinning out the good ol' jumper poll, hoping we'll forget they cancelled the entire season :)

All things aside, I don't think I've ever seen a more cohesive kit than Blackburn's, though I am definitely biased haha

Dec 20, 2015
South Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Magpies!
View attachment 892549

EFL spinning out the good ol' jumper poll, hoping we'll forget they cancelled the entire season :)

All things aside, I don't think I've ever seen a more cohesive kit than Blackburn's, though I am definitely biased haha
That lot looks pretty conventional (which is fine): any "Out There" designs in the league?

That lot looks pretty conventional (which is fine): any "Out There" designs in the league?
Haha it certainly is conventional and I agree nothing ground-breaking design wise (hence, I am little biased :)) - although unlike the team in the VAFA with red and black stripes, Blackburn does have a white number panel which surprisingly looks far better (not usually a fan of number panels).

5588fbd4599c6eec83409de763d2b8c6

images

Since there's a fair amount of white, I have always been impressed with how aesthetically cohesive all Blackburn uniforms are. We can wear white shorts without it feeling jarring or out of place, black shorts obviously look great.

af390b09-f2a2-47e2-af30-9a1797a95380.jpg

Always thought Noble Park was a bit odd having a wings design since they are the Bulls (also a ripped Chicago Bulls logo lmao)

1592263438075.png

New kids on the block North Croydon MLOC have a homer if I've ever seen one. They're simultaneously the Rams and the Kangaroos

Balwyn.jpg

I think I say this all the time but Balwyn are an oddity to me simply but how their jumper looks like a training kit, a monogram or something would tie the whole thing together right in the middle. But at the same time there's something about the clean, emotionless look of the kit that I like.

Other than that you're right it is pretty tame, can have a look at all the teams from here: https://efnl.org.au/senior-club-directory/

NM_Mitchell

Norm Smith Medallist
May 3, 2014
#westside
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
We put the U in CGU
Haha it certainly is conventional and I agree nothing ground-breaking design wise (hence, I am little biased :)) - although unlike the team in the VAFA with red and black stripes, Blackburn does have a white number panel which surprisingly looks far better (not usually a fan of number panels).

5588fbd4599c6eec83409de763d2b8c6

images

Since there's a fair amount of white, I have always been impressed with how aesthetically cohesive all Blackburn uniforms are. We can wear white shorts without it feeling jarring or out of place, black shorts obviously look great.

af390b09-f2a2-47e2-af30-9a1797a95380.jpg

Always thought Noble Park was a bit odd having a wings design since they are the Bulls (also a ripped Chicago Bulls logo lmao)

View attachment 893184
New kids on the block North Croydon MLOC have a homer if I've ever seen one. They're simultaneously the Rams and the Kangaroos

Balwyn.jpg

I think I say this all the time but Balwyn are an oddity to me simply but how their jumper looks like a training kit, a monogram or something would tie the whole thing together right in the middle. But at the same time there's something about the clean, emotionless look of the kit that I like.

Other than that you're right it is pretty tame, can have a look at all the teams from here: https://efnl.org.au/senior-club-directory/
my old boys. i noticed the front of the LTU jumpers are actually red with black stripes on the front and black with red on the back which often irked me. the mostly red Blackburn always looked silly to me, and if memory serves there's writing down one of the stripes? looks tacky.

Oh by the way guys, there will be a new episode of the FJGD Podcast recorded tomorrow night, featuring El_Scorcho, Dylan8, Spanna_ and myself.

We will be covering topics such as brand and design conceptualisation and execution, off-field merch and the current and upcoming competitions on the board.

Hoping to really get into the design side of things so if you’re looking for tips and tricks to improve your designs, it should be worth a listen. :)

Oh by the way guys, there will be a new episode of the FJGD Podcast recorded tomorrow night, featuring El_Scorcho, Dylan8, Spanna_ and myself.

We will be covering topics such as brand and design conceptualisation and execution, off-field merch and the current and upcoming competitions on the board.

Hoping to really get into the design side of things so if you’re looking for tips and tricks to improve your designs, it should be worth a listen. :)
Which reminds me to call you tomorrow about our podcast

my old boys. i noticed the front of the LTU jumpers are actually red with black stripes on the front and black with red on the back which often irked me. the mostly red Blackburn always looked silly to me, and if memory serves there's writing down one of the stripes? looks tacky.
See, to me having it mostly black with the stripes stopping on the back to fit the numbers looks a bit silly to me haha. I guess it's just what we are used to.
Just before (what would've been this season) we used to have Lexus Blackburn on one of the stripes. It was pretty thin and non-invasive, and tbh kind of iconic.

1592436699491.png

Once again might just be a "what I'm used to" kind of thing, but I guess what I've been getting at is that Blackburn has a really nice balance of Black, Red and White.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back