Society/Culture Hypocrisy of The Left - part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Apologies if this has been covered already, I don't often visit this board.

The thought occurred to me in the wake of Tony Abbott's recent OA gong that he often used to be ridiculed for '3 word slogans' and to a certain extent the criticism was deserved.

BLM. Difference much?

Make America Great!

Yeah you could be onto something.

Yes We Can checks out to.

I think you'll find it's to take advantage of human psychology in that we find it easier to remember short and sweet slogans.

The rioting is BECAUSE the calls for change have been ignored by the people who the change would not benefit.

Example: Obama put forth laws to combat the lack of police accountability.

Trump removed those laws almost immediately when in power.

How does that help?

Interesting - Could you please link me that? I am against reducing transparency.
What's your opinion on the recent yellow vest riots in France against the globalist agenda?

It's interesting that you make the point that "calls for change have been ignored"
Let's look at a place like Baltimore. A Democrat party stronghold for a century. Black mayors, black police chiefs.
We then also had a black president for 8 years.
ALSO - aren't the dems and the unions strategically allied?

It's like, where's the damn responsibility fall here?

This party has had every facet of power available to them and they've done NOTHING.
How can you boil it down to something as simple as Trump bad?
Why isn't it on the democrats for reducing this apparent brutality in the ranks if they've had control?

I'm not against criticizing the s**t policy of the republican party - but why are they apparently the manifestation of evil on earth?

Trump was gaining power in the black community because he was lowering unemployment, mostly because he was reviving working-class industries and reducing *ILLEGAL* immigration which disproportionately hurts black people. The dems know that their base is black/latino vote, so they need to perpetuate the racist narrative. They were s**t scared when their black base began to move.

Black people wearing MAGA hats are called the most racist awful things, like uncle tom, plantation ******.
It's sick.

Every time I cast an objective eye towards American politics I have no idea why the narrative is boiled down to something so moronic.

That's why I have no hope. I think the dems (who were the party of the KK - look it up - yikes) will gatekeep the racial morality card, even though they are, in my opinion, the biggest roadblock towards lifting the black American out of poverty.

But that's just a racist opinion.... whatever...

Last edited:

Interesting - Could you please link me that? I am against reducing transparency.
What's your opinion on the recent yellow vest riots in France against the globalist agenda?

It's interesting that you make the point that "calls for change have been ignored"
Let's look at a place like Baltimore. A Democrat party stronghold for a century. Black mayors, black police chiefs.
We then also had a black president for 8 years.
ALSO - aren't the dems and the unions strategically allied?

It's like, where's the damn responsibility fall here?

This party has had every facet of power available to them and they've done NOTHING.
How can you boil it down to something as simple as Trump bad?
Why isn't it on the democrats for reducing this apparent brutality in the ranks if they've had control?

I'm not against criticizing the s**t policy of the republican party - but why are they apparently the manifestation of evil on earth?

Trump was gaining power in the black community because he was lowering unemployment, mostly because he was reviving working-class industries and reducing immigration which disproportionately hurts black people. The dems know that their base is black/latino vote, so they need to perpetuate the racist narrative. They were s**t scared when their black base began to move.

Black people wearing MAGA hats are called the most racist awful things, like uncle tom, plantation ******.
It's sick.

Every time I cast an objective eye towards American politics I have no idea why the narrative is boiled down to something so moronic.

That's why I have no hope. I think the dems (who were the party of the KK - look it up - yikes) will gatekeep the racial morality card, even though they are, in my opinion, the biggest roadblock towards lifting the black American out of poverty.

But that's just a racist opinion.... whatever...

Also are you aware the Democrats and the Republicans swapped platforms in the past.

Also are you aware the Democrats and the Republicans swapped platforms in the past.

I'll give that policy a read and see whether it was good or not. You can name a law "the anti-killing puppies act" and it still be a big pile of s**t.
The devil is in the detail.

Re: the southern switch - that's one of the major shields that the dems use in defending their historical racism.

Let's watch a debate between a hyper left-winger and an ultra-conservative and see who comes up with the better points and are more fact-based.
It's much better than watching a video which is made to address one side.

Either way - it still doesn't address my points in my previous point at all with regards to the dems MIA when dealing with their own cities racial injustice.
And your opinion on the yellow vest movement?
And your opinion on Winston Churchill statue defacement?

Every black governor knows the last 3 names of men killed by police brutality but can't name one of the hundreds who die every year due to gang crime.
It's too much hypocrisy that I'm willing to swallow.

Anyways I’ve got a family to look after and I can’t spend this time going back and forth.

Thanks for the discussion and good luck in the future. I hope things change for the better

I'll give that policy a read and see whether it was good or not. You can name a law "the anti-killing puppies act" and it still be a big pile of s**t.
The devil is in the detail.

Re: the southern switch - that's one of the major shields that the dems use in defending their historical racism.

Let's watch a debate between a hyper left-winger and an ultra-conservative and see who comes up with the better points and are more fact-based.
It's much better than watching a video which is made to address one side.

Either way - it still doesn't address my points in my previous point at all with regards to the dems MIA when dealing with their own cities racial injustice.
And your opinion on the yellow vest movement?
And your opinion on Winston Churchill statue defacement?

Every black governor knows the last 3 names of men killed by police brutality but can't name one of the hundreds who die every year due to gang crime.
It's too much hypocrisy that I'm willing to swallow.

Comparing gang violence to the people who are meant to police it killing people not even in gangs is an interesting take.

I actually popped in to post an interesting interview between a conservative and a liberal for an unbiased look at things in America.

Posting in both hypocrisy threads:

I hate it.

Neither side has a monopoly on the truth, and the partisan support both sides receive has value. The obsession with non-existent centrism is as much illusion as it is a ploy to turn people against those with definitive opinion.

I hate it.

Neither side has a monopoly on the truth, and the partisan support both sides receive has value. The obsession with non-existent centrism is as much illusion as it is a ploy to turn people against those with definitive opinion.

Hmm. I consider myself centrist, personally. Both sides of the divide, so to speak, have their good and bad values. It's when the far aspect comes into play in regards to power that any balance is completely gone.

A guy tries to cancel something that is not really racist, then has to apologise for saying something that wasn't really racist.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A guy tries to cancel something that is not really racist, then has to apologise for saying something that wasn't really racist.

I don't think hes entirely wrong, although at the same time I think he misidentified some of the issues. If you cast the net out for actors for a role, say the 7/11 one, it shouldn't matter what race the actor is unless its pivotal to the story. I can see where hes coming from, sort of a damned if you do damned if you dont. But it would be completely different if he hired someone white and they used makeup on them to pass them off as a Pakistan worker.

Hmm. I consider myself centrist, personally. Both sides of the divide, so to speak, have their good and bad values. It's when the far aspect comes into play in regards to power that any balance is completely gone.
There is no such thing as the centre, and pretending to be unbiased is a fool's errand.

I don't think hes entirely wrong, although at the same time I think he misidentified some of the issues. If you cast the net out for actors for a role, say the 7/11 one, it shouldn't matter what race the actor is unless its pivotal to the story. I can see where hes coming from, sort of a damned if you do damned if you dont. But it would be completely different if he hired someone white and they used makeup on them to pass them off as a Pakistan worker.

That video from 2016 is a nothing burger. Josh Thomas's words could only be seen as racist if taken out of context. The fact is that many people who work in 7/11's are from the subcontinent. So what! Many truck drivers are white, many teachers are female. Again, so what! The disappointing aspect is that he made a grovelling apology for it when he should have stood his ground.

That video from 2016 is a nothing burger. Josh Thomas's words could only be seen as racist if taken out of context. The fact is that many people who work in 7/11's are from the subcontinent. So what! Many truck drivers are white, many teachers are female. Again, so what! The disappointing aspect is that he made a grovelling apology for it when he should have stood his ground.

Not sure he was groveling and I agree the people who took complaint with it didn't understand the context of it and just needed to realise what he actually said.

Half of the problems we keep running into is a lack of context and a lack of understanding or willingness to understand.

That's your opinion and you're entitled to it.

I prefer not to think so much in black and white.
Laziness.

Think of it less as black and white, but a set of spectrums upon which policies and opinions can be placed. There are opinions and policies that are closer to the centre than they are to either extreme, but they are still marginally in either direction.

Therefore, there is no centre.

Laziness.

Think of it less as black and white, but a set of spectrums upon which policies and opinions can be placed. There are opinions and policies that are closer to the centre than they are to either extreme, but they are still marginally in either direction.

Therefore, there is no centre.

Laziness, sure, do you know what centrist actually means? I assume you think its neutral or a dont care zone but its the most flexible you can be. Not far left or left not right and not far right.

Laziness, sure, do you know what centrist actually means? I assume you think its neutral or a dont care zone but its the most flexible you can be. Not far left or left not right and not far right.
When I said laziness, what I referred to was your view of my view as black and white, which is an aggressive oversimplification of my viewpoint.

It is not flexible, because it requires one to attempt a facsimile of objectivity, something that is impossible to achieve. You are the product of your experiences; you cannot make an objective decision ever. No decision can be completely without ideology, and no decision is without ideological roots; ergo, you can place any position one can take on a spectrum between two points. You can be a person who tries to seek consensus, but that simply places you on another spectrum; liberalism versus illiberalism, on the more liberal side.

This is important for several reasons, the first of which is the modern fad in favour of centrism trends towards conservatism; in short, a 'let's wait and see' mindset. Conservatives do not move unless forced, and conservativism is wedded ideologically to the right. Call it a gateway ideology if you like.

When I said laziness, what I referred to was your view of my view as black and white, which is an aggressive oversimplification of my viewpoint.

It is not flexible, because it requires one to attempt a facsimile of objectivity, something that is impossible to achieve. You are the product of your experiences; you cannot make an objective decision ever. No decision can be completely without ideology, and no decision is without ideological roots; ergo, you can place any position one can take on a spectrum between two points. You can be a person who tries to seek consensus, but that simply places you on another spectrum; liberalism versus illiberalism, on the more liberal side.

This is important for several reasons, the first of which is the modern fad in favour of centrism trends towards conservatism; in short, a 'let's wait and see' mindset. Conservatives do not move unless forced, and conservativism is wedded ideologically to the right. Call it a gateway ideology if you like.

I understand what you mean. The far right and the far left do tend to be more stubborn in their shift though, wouldnt you agree? Identifying as more of a left, right or centrist means you are more capable of moving both ways, you can practice compromise. I've seen both far left and far right people who acknowledge that's what they are and flat out refuse to even consider sliding out of their happy nest of idelogoly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back