Past #37: Kyron Hayden - delisted end '22 - 12 NM games/ 0 NM goals - thanks Ronny

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
I think he was a little dear in the headlights when looking up the field, that will change.

But he didn’t turn the ball over any more than Marley does in a normal game.

He was however composed when collecting the ball which is half the battle with the small defender.

You can see his first instinct is to almost try and push past the first man/tackle.

We aren’t exactly flush with quality small defenders atm, id persist until Marleys suspension is over.

hellas_johnny

Premiership Player
May 26, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
South Melbourne Hellas
I think he was a little dear in the headlights when looking up the field, that will change.

He was however composed when collecting the ball which is half the battle with the small defender.

You can see his first instinct is to almost try and push past the first man/tackle.

We aren’t exactly flush with quality small defenders atm, id persist until Marleys suspension is over.
Marley's suspension is over lol

It's now over.

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
It's now over.

Well, selection will be interesting next week.

Marley certainly has the closing speed over him, but Hayden looks like he could be an interesting type once some games are pumped into him.

I think Shaw might keep him in.

Tbh if he played like that in his 20th or 30th game I’d be fine.
2nd game, Achilles injury, year long lay off and no VFL to fine tune.
Tick. Persist and it’s telling he’s played in two of our most impressive wins in the last 12 months.
Blokes 2 from 2. Keep him in.

Sep 21, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I’d bring Williams in for for Scott next week.

There is something about this kid. His composure with the ball under pressure was really good for a 2nd gamer. He tackles like a mad man and has a hard edge to his game.

The inside 50 where he hit up Simpkin was the best inside 50 we had in the first half. Really highlighted what he is capable of.

Waussie

Premiership Player
Nov 26, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Well, selection will be interesting next week.

Marley certainly has the closing speed over him, but Hayden looks like he could be an interesting type once some games are pumped into him.

I think Shaw might keep him in.
Yep, I think he'll persevere with him after that effort, not bad after only 2 training sessions in HB.

Apr 17, 2007
melb home of the kangas
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
hellas,liverpool,storm,au
Kudos to this bloke today. There’s something awesome about watching a young fella refusing to panic with the ball.

Yeah was calm with ball in hand.
Most times you see a pack running towards you most players run away but Hayden ran at them. That was great.

Thought he showed a bit today. Definitely something there.
Absolutely.

Will fly under the radar due to his role but he’s playing very mature footy.

Le Grille

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts Werewolf Player SFA Good Friday Appeal North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor North Melbourne - 2017 Junker and Wagner Player Sponsor Podcaster Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Mar 23, 2001
Forever Death riding *
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wildcats/Pacers/Chelsea/Scorchers
He's not flustered, and he's generally one touch.
Absolutely, Gary ‘lawn mower’ Lyon was mocking him for “taking too much time” with ball in hand last week (even though he never got pinged for HTB once), it just shows he has the Pendles ability to make time stand still when the heat is on.

Back