2nds West Coast Eagles WAFL Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No WCE listed players to play in the WAFL this year by the looks of it.

It's a really interesting one for interstate teams - tin-foil-hat off and assume this decision wasn't made assuming 'scratch matches' will be easy as they only looked at vic-based teams.

But they have really hurt their options with the whole 'equality' thing around groups of 10. No way, assuming interstate teams are travelling every-second-week (which is far from certain) can they allow the Richmonds and Collingwoods of the world to play weekly 'reserves' scratch matches. I'm assuming combined sides (i.e. richmond/collingwood vs Nth/WB - however they can split it. or maybe 15 v 15).

Imagine if a team gets 10 or so injuries (not serious ones, but even corkies or 'general soreness' that is enough to keep a player out for a week) - how can they play a scratch match when they need 22 for the firsts, 10 injuries and max lists of what 42-44? Combined sides are ok in Victoria - but naturally the interstate teams will rotate travel each week.

And if anyone suggests 'bring back AFLX'.... :mad:

Well Peel will be back at the bottom, they will still play in the league without any Dockers you'd imagine. They will be seriously poor this year.

And will West Coast still field a team (full of amateurs of course, no listed players)? Given the difficulty getting a team in the first place we may have to just to make sure we have it there for future seasons.

And will West Coast still field a team (full of amateurs of course, no listed players)? Given the difficulty getting a team in the first place we may have to just to make sure we have it there for future seasons.

Most likely will have to do that, although not sure what the point will be for the WAFL to even start without crowds.

Tell Eagles supporters tell me what is Laurie Keene doing these days thought he could have been the best ruckman in the AFL if it wasn’t for injuries that ruined his career.
Also what is Karl Langdon and Murray Wrestend doing these.

There was a profile on Keene in the West a few weeks ago as part of their West Australian football history series that they're doing while there's no actual sport. Unfortunately all I remember is that he's mildly peeved that he's only remembered for kicking the first ever goal for the Eagles. Anyone else read it?

Karl Langdon is mostly making up s**t on 6PR and for The Sunday Times.

There was a profile on Keene in the West a few weeks ago as part of their West Australian football history series that they're doing while there's no actual sport. Unfortunately all I remember is that he's mildly peeved that he's only remembered for kicking the first ever goal for the Eagles. Anyone else read it?

Karl Langdon is mostly making up s**t on 6PR and for The Sunday Times.

Yes, Laurie Keene was a tragedy. He could have been anything. Ditto with Bradley Smith. Ah well, the breaks, aye.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scratch match on tomorrow morning for players missing selection from the senior match - Eagles will 'borrow' a number of Gold Coast players in order to field a team.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/447570/mates-v-mates-eagles-set-to-borrow-suns-for-scratch-match

"I think we'll have to borrow a few of the Gold Coast boys, so I don't know how that's going to go, because they need to play to win, they need to compete."

"Adrian Hickmott is going to run that one for me with Gold Coast."

"I don't even know what they're going to wear. I assume (the Gold Coast players) don't want to wear West Coast uniforms, so they might just have bibs on – I don't know".

"We'll play. They want to play, they want to compete, they want to prove themselves, they want to put their hand up to be available through form, so we'll give them that opportunity."

The practice match is due to be played at Metricon Stadium on Saturday morning, hours before the Eagles and Suns compete at the same venue for premiership points.

Scratch match on tomorrow morning for players missing selection from the senior match - Eagles will 'borrow' a number of Gold Coast players in order to field a team.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/447570/mates-v-mates-eagles-set-to-borrow-suns-for-scratch-match

"I think we'll have to borrow a few of the Gold Coast boys, so I don't know how that's going to go, because they need to play to win, they need to compete."

"Adrian Hickmott is going to run that one for me with Gold Coast."

"I don't even know what they're going to wear. I assume (the Gold Coast players) don't want to wear West Coast uniforms, so they might just have bibs on – I don't know".

"We'll play. They want to play, they want to compete, they want to prove themselves, they want to put their hand up to be available through form, so we'll give them that opportunity."

The practice match is due to be played at Metricon Stadium on Saturday morning, hours before the Eagles and Suns compete at the same venue for premiership points.

Would be fascinating to watch them play together. Doubt we'll see even highlights though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back