News Xavier Duursma departs for Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Sensational!
He had a great game, and his upside is huge. Just imagine him in 4 years time if he keeps this trajectory!

Mate if he kept up this trajectory, in four years he’d be some combination of shaun burgoyne and jesus.

In all seriousness, I haven’t seen a bloke just own his spot from his first game quite as well as he has.i really felt last year that his unique talents really forced changes to our game plan / style of play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Just before my time. I was thinking of a two wingmen combination, hence Trigger and Hutts came to mind from ‘89 and ‘90.

They were very good.

I remember Light and Nyland, Light and Kinnear, and Abernethy and Kinnear with much fondness.

Duursma is a huge talent. Runs relentlessly supporting forward and back, great size for a mid, can take a big grab and really nailed his set shots last night.

Wears 21 like Bradley, long mulletish hair like Bradley, runs all day like Bradley, beats the older opponents like Bradley did.

Wears 21 like Bradley, long mulletish hair like Bradley, runs all day like Bradley, beats the older opponents like Bradley did.

But will he reach 375 games and be good mates with a tall and skinny brunette from Glenelg?

Xavier last year finished top 10 in the club B&F - 8th. Rozee got the headlines and finished 4th. Wouldn't be surprised if both finish top 5 this year.

1. 179 Boak 22 games
2. 168 DBJ 22 games
3. 167 Houston 22 games
4. 131 Rozee 22 games
5. 130 Clurey 21 games
6. 114 Rockliff 18 games
7. 113 Burton 16 games
8. 111 Duursma 20 games

I love this guy's passion, his drive, his energy, his character.

Has totally embraced the history of PAFC, the club, and every aspect of being an elite sportsman- one of my favourites.

Duurs had a lot of X-factor Saturday night, I daresay if he can keep that up through the year there's no reason why he won't be equal with Rozee considering his other attributes that are better than Connor's.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On top of everything else he's a goal kicker. 14 so far in his short career. Some come from strong marks, others from his workrate (running into an open goal after being at the end of a handball chain). It's what makes him so dangerous.

His reading matter for the Hub...

My 25yo son swears by Jordan Peterson. Bought him a ticket for Christmas to see him live a year or so ago. Says he's amazing for mindset and positivity.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back