Friday, June 12
Geelong v Hawthorn (GMHBA) N

Saturday, June 13
Brisbane Lions v Fremantle (Gabba)
Carlton v Melbourne (Marvel) T
Port Adelaide v Adelaide (AO) N
Gold Coast v West Coast (MS) N

Sunday, June 14
Greater Western Sydney v North Melbourne (GS)
Sydney v Essendon (SCG)
St Kilda v Western Bulldogs (Marvel) N

The pinstripes make the white stripes look really wide while the blue stripes are way too narrow.

I didnt mind the big MG logo plastered on Ports wharf pylons last night. Originally when I saw Rozee wearing the WP on the front page of the 'tiser i was like ugh ffs Port. :rolleyes: but while I was watching the game I kept thinking it was the PA Magpies logo and would have to do a double take.

I also like how the 1870 was still on the back of the guernsey last night especially.

Sorry if that has been covered, but can anyone make out what is written in the text above the Spirit of Tasmania logo on the North jumpers?
It's not Est. 1869 like their website says is on the back of the jumpers
Fairly certain it’s their shinboner number
So shinboner 0000
Last year it was on the front down the right hand side

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a load of...😂
it's literally the same as the Aussies having their odi and t20 numbers on their caps but? I'm pretty sure most clubs recognise their club representation numbers too, it's a nice touch to have it on the jumper.

inb4 BuT tHat'S IntErnaTiONAl SpoRTs there's no international Aussie rules, champs.

it's literally the same as the Aussies having their odi and t20 numbers on their caps but? I'm pretty sure most clubs recognise their club representation numbers too, it's a nice touch to have it on the jumper.

inb4 BuT tHat'S IntErnaTiONAl SpoRTs there's no international Aussie rules, champs.
They just put the number. It's the "shinboner number" bit that gets me.
The umpires didn't put the word "flog" in front of their heritage number.

They just put the number. It's the "shinboner number" bit that gets me.
Shinboner has just as much if not more meaning than the bloods name for sydney. it's a big culture thing the club is built on and has survived on. what's the issue with having "Shinboner 1003" on your jumper? you wouldn't even have noticed it if it wasn't pointed out to you.

Shinboner has just as much if not more meaning than the bloods name for sydney. it's a big culture thing the club is built on and has survived on. what's the issue with having "Shinboner 1003" on your jumper? you wouldn't even have noticed it if it wasn't pointed out to you.
Personally would love Collingwood to recognise something like that, though don't really have a word we call ourselves like "Shinboner".

Haven't been on the board for a while, but was the new sponsor above the numbers a thing people had picked up on here during the hiatus? Or did it come by surprise?

From what I saw, I think Blues, Bulldogs, Swans, Giants, Power, Demons were teams without a sponsor above the numbers.

St Kilda meanwhile with Dare, deliveroo, RSEA and Pepper Money all on the one guernsey. Yikes. Good on them for doing it given their financial position, but I dread to think that this is the future of guernsies.

Personally would love Collingwood to recognise something like that, though don't really have a word we call ourselves like "Shinboner".
Magpie? CFC? it could just be the rep number, who cares! shinboner was an unofficial name before kangaroos came along that's why it's big to us, it doesn't matter what it says it's just a nice touch to note the player number.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back