Strategy Who are the best 5 assets in the afl?

Remove this Banner Ad

Marcel Proust

"Oohh WADA ooga booga" {Jul 11 2013}
Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
I've seen this done for basketball and it's quite interesting to compare factors like how good a player is. Age. Contract. Etc.

For example giannis is the best player (officially) yet is on an expiring contract. With no sure option he will stay - if you disregard his megaphone comments at black life's matter events.

I wasn't sure which board the question best sits but the poll section the number of options seems overwhelming

Rowell would be somewhere near the top? If he gave you a wink he would hang around long term?

I am not sure how you can do this when contracts don't get made public, and what gets reported by the standard AFL 'journalist' is almost definitely wrong all the time.

• Banned
I am not sure how you can do this when contracts don't get made public, and what gets reported by the standard AFL 'journalist' is almost definitely wrong all the time.

Cause we dont know but we have a pretty good idea.

For example buddy is on like 10 mill

We do know if they're restricted free agents or not though, and that is based on their salary information. So there's something to go off, even if it's not total transparency.

Dangerfield reportedly moved back for under $800k, he would be on $400k-$500k a year less than Fyfe and Martin as an example.

He'd be right up there.

Rowell, Rozee, Walsh

Older players don't rate a mention in comparison.

Rowell, Rozee, Walsh

Older players don't rate a mention in comparison.
I agree in principle, but could argue you want runs on the board as well.

Cripps, Bont, Kelly would be high

Key position players as well as they are harder to find, probably not really any young stand out talls that are proven at this stage though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree in principle, but could argue you want runs on the board as well.

Cripps, Bont, Kelly would be high

Key position players as well as they are harder to find, probably not really any young stand out talls that are proven at this stage though.
Yeah I'll give those 3 too.

I actually forgot Cripps. Awful of me. Bont I was borderline on age.

I think Grundy is most valuable player in the league but maybe doesn’t have the best value contract.

Tim Kelly would be right up there, I imagine WCE got a pretty good deal on his contract. Likewise Lachie Neale given how much he’s step up since going to Brisbane.

I thought Brisbane paid through the nose for Charlie Cameron....I was dead wrong. He might have one of the best contracts.

Key forward is tough. It might be Ben Brown. At least profile wise he’s underrated.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back