Opinion The PB's - a celebration of 150 years. This year or later?

Should we wear the Bars this year or wait until we play in front of a home crowd?

• I want the bars now! Crowd doesn't matter.

Votes: 58 85.3%
  • We should wait. The bars need to be celebrated properly.

Votes: 10 14.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Eddie McGuire and Collingwood are never going to win the PR battle on this. There is no logical overlay to their side of the 'argument' and they just come across as sour, insecure, disrespectful flogs. His best move would actually be to shut the hell up and work his magic with his Toorak mates behind closed doors.

This thing is Eddie wins either way.

He rallies the troops to fight the bars and if he wins he looks the hero, if he loses he creates a great us against them rivalry.

This has nothing to do with Collingwood. Wearing the bars against the Crows is our right and doesn’t infringe Collingwoods rights at all.

Are Collingwood really going to lose one fan or one jumper sale because Port wear the prison bars in SA against the Crows? This is only an issue if Collingwood are insecure about their own identity.

This is the AFL equivalent of little dick syndrome.

This thing is Eddie wins either way.

He rallies the troops to fight the bars and if he wins he looks the hero, if he loses he creates a great us against them rivalry.
This is what he's going for.
Let's hope it works out!

This has nothing to do with Collingwood. Wearing the bars against the Crows is our right and doesn’t infringe Collingwoods rights at all.

Are Collingwood really going to lose one fan or one jumper sale because Port wear the prison bars in SA against the Crows? This is only an issue if Collingwood are insecure about their own identity.

This is the AFL equivalent of little dick syndrome.
They're definitely insecure.

They've abandoned their traditional home, Victoria Park, in favour of the slick inner city Lexus Centre.

They've changed their traditional guernsey to try and circumvent clash guernsey policy.

All they fit left is a bit of sabre rattling about protecting their brand and market. The real deal Collingwood of yore would not get carried away with that kind of w***er speak.

No compromise. Its black and white.

When we win that battle I'd be ok with a PB away strip of black on silver with white shorts.
1592459823651.png

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whatever comes of this, I hope we don't sign any kind of agreement that locks future boards into any restrictions with the PB guernsey.

In what other league or sport in the world would an issue like this even blow up?
Honestly, you just have to shake your head and sigh at the AFL sometimes.

It's important not to overlook our more recent history. Sure, it's easy to look back in the past at what made PAFC great. And yeah maybe we won a million premierships in the design... but a whole generation has come to know and love the on-field mediocrity (2004 aside) put on by our boys in teal.

I propose we elegantly weave past and present together - prison bar base design, with a 2004-06 clash jumper inspired lightning bolt, featuring the superior colour palette of the 2007 clash jumper.

I present to you, the Prison Barf.

View attachment 894497
Regular prison bars every other week (doesn't clash with anyone), this against Collingwood away to give their players and supporters seizures.

I don't get why McLacklan is so beholden to McGuire - sure, Collingwood is the big cash cow, so they get the favourable draw and all the juicy tv slots, but what possible sanctions can Eddy take against an AFL decision he doesn't like that wouldn't do more harm to his interests than the AFL's? Gil should tell him to pull his head in and enjoy all the privileges he's already got, and keep counting the money Collingwood generates.

It's important not to overlook our more recent history. Sure, it's easy to look back in the past at what made PAFC great. And yeah maybe we won a million premierships in the design... but a whole generation has come to know and love the on-field mediocrity (2004 aside) put on by our boys in teal.

I propose we elegantly weave past and present together - prison bar base design, with a 2004-06 clash jumper inspired lightning bolt, featuring the superior colour palette of the 2007 clash jumper.

I present to you, the Prison Barf.

1592459928217.png

Back