What are you Listening to?

Remove this Banner Ad

Been listening to a lot of Maceo Plex, not sure if he's been previously mentioned in this thread but if you enjoy some cool rhythms as I do then worth a listen.

One of my favourite tunes of his:

https://g.co/kgs/44oYpE

More Helmut.

A real purple patch in contemporary music history.

IMO, this was the magnum opus of that decade:

Among other things, been thrashing the hell out of the sophomore solo album by Steve Turner (guitarist from Mudhoney) this week.

'Steve Turner And His Bad Ideas'

Very cool album indeed.

Also features a couple of duets with the brilliant Holly Golightly....

Sneaking in an old classic from Turner's main gig....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Came across this track on Rage's Anzac Day special the other week. I'd heard of this band (mainly coz of their unique name) but not really heard much of their stuff. Not the greatest thing I've ever heard but it's certainly interesting:

Came across this track on Rage's Anzac Day special the other week. I'd heard of this band (mainly coz of their unique name) but not really heard much of their stuff. Not the greatest thing I've ever heard but it's certainly interesting:

Old Flying Nun band. Don't mind them myself.

One of the dudes in the band actually went on to play with The Wedding Present for a while.

He returned to NZ, reunited with another old Bressa Creeting Cake alumnus, and formed this (markedly different sounding) band.....

Old Flying Nun band. Don't mind them myself.

One of the dudes in the band actually went on to play with The Wedding Present for a while.

He returned to NZ, reunited with another old Bressa Creeting Cake alumnus, and formed this (markedly different sounding) band.....

Definitely sounds a world away from the BCC stuff - good too!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back