Workshop 2021 Jumper Ideas thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 12, 2008
The North of Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Here's a serious suggestion. The Bars in Port Adelaide silver, the fourth official colour that everyone seems to forget Port has. It's almost indistinguishable from the classic version but it's different enough that it couldn't really be argued that it encroaches on Collingwood's trademark. Could this be the compromise that everyone can accept? Probably not, I think most Port fans begrudge the very idea of compromising on this, but I'm just throwing it out there anyway.

PortSilverBars@4x.png

rabbitoh21

Premiership Player
May 7, 2013
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Too many
Here's a serious suggestion. The Bars in Port Adelaide silver, the fourth official colour that everyone seems to forget Port has. It's almost indistinguishable from the classic version but it's different enough that it couldn't really be argued that it encroaches on Collingwood's trademark. Could this be the compromise that everyone can accept? Probably not, I think most Port fans begrudge the very idea of compromising on this, but I'm just throwing it out there anyway.

View attachment 894449
Just lighten the silver, make it say 5% black. Under lights, boom white prison bars

rabbitoh21

Premiership Player
May 7, 2013
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Too many

View attachment 894449
Sorry to nick your image but
portbars.png

Bars and sock turnovers are 90% brightness silver, collar is teal in reference to the team song (silver, teal, black and white). Under bright sunlight it'll look black and white with teal collar - clearly NOT a Collingwood guernsey

feel like this is a good compromise, still uses an old Port Magpies design, but this variant (rather than the one with the white collar, cuffs, and number panel) to me feels less similar to Collingwood. It doesn't feel like a 'black and white' jumper to me but rather a black jumper with white PB's (if that makes sense). Has the bonus of looking far more modern to me as well which is strange considering it is such an old design.

I've then thrown the number panel onto a clash jumper in a bit of a Frankenstein of jumper designs with the current clash colour scheme and the original Power away jumper design. The thicker barred, white number panelled jumper can still be used as a heritage/ one off design as it is currently.

PortBars.png

feel like this is a good compromise, still uses an old Port Magpies design, but this variant (rather than the one with the white collar, cuffs, and number panel) to me feels less similar to Collingwood. It doesn't feel like a 'black and white' jumper to me but rather a black jumper with white PB's (if that makes sense). Has the bonus of looking far more modern to me as well which is strange considering it is such an old design.

I've then thrown the number panel onto a clash jumper in a bit of a Frankenstein of jumper designs with the current clash colour scheme and the original Power away jumper design. The thicker barred, white number panelled jumper can still be used as a heritage/ one off design as it is currently.

View attachment 894472
This home version you are thinking of is the 1914 design. I reckon that version we should be wearing in home ANZAC round games for example. We tried to wear this in 2014 vs Carlton.

This home version you are thinking of is the 1914 design. I reckon that version we should be wearing in home ANZAC round games for example. We tried to wear this in 2014 vs Carlton.
Would you not take this though if it was the only way of returning the bars full time? then using the 'preferred design with the added white for the showdown and other anniversary ocassions?

Would you not take this though if it was the only way of returning the bars full time? then using the 'preferred design with the added white for the showdown and other anniversary ocassions?
If the 1914 jumper for all home games gets approved then what is Eddie opposed to? white collar, cuffs and the port panel at the back of the jumper?

If the 1914 jumper for all home games gets approved then what is Eddie opposed to? white collar, cuffs and the port panel at the back of the jumper?
Can't speak for Maguire, but personally feel like this has less of a black and white stripes look as the white is so thin, rather than the classic PB's where it is more 50/50 like Collingwood's stripes.

Can't speak for Maguire, but personally feel like this has less of a black and white stripes look as the white is so thin, rather than the classic PB's where it is more 50/50 like Collingwood's stripes.
Would actually laugh if the whole issue was about how thin or thick the bars were.

Could you make a 1914 style jumper with white collar, cuffs and Port panel at the back, and remove the bars from the back?

Jun 18, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Scorchers

View attachment 894472
I think this is a great compromise Scorch fancy. Tidy up the alignment of the bars and that's a wrap. Collingwood can't complain because it's a black jumper with white elements (which Por already have) that aren't black and white stripes, Port fans can't complain because it's clearly the prison bars. They'll probably ask for the number panel but this is so much nicer.

Jun 12, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I think this is a great compromise Scorch fancy. Tidy up the alignment of the bars and that's a wrap. Collingwood can't complain because it's a black jumper with white elements (which Por already have) that aren't black and white stripes, Port fans can't complain because it's clearly the prison bars. They'll probably ask for the number panel but this is so much nicer.

I love the 1914 PBs but I think the back has a lot more similarities to Collingwood’s current jumper (black panel, white number, bars below the number). The white panel versions look more uniquely Port in my eyes.

Jun 18, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Scorchers
I love the 1914 PBs but I think the back has a lot more similarities to Collingwood’s current jumper (black panel, white number, bars below the number). The white panel versions look more uniquely Port in my eyes.
If anyone dares compare the backs of jumpers they can go and take a long walk off a short pier

Jun 18, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Scorchers
Well... We do talk about West Coast's tri-panel, GWS's guernsey and the clashes they create from their front and back.
Clashes, yeah, but we're talking about Port using black and white stripes. Collingwood isn't going to be able to enforce a trademark on the back of their jumper although I'm sure Eddie would love to have a crack.

cogs2hawks

Team Captain
Jul 30, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Will sponsors be above the numbers next season or is that only for this season? Please only be this season

Oct 5, 2017
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Port Melbourne, Norwood, St George
Will sponsors be above the numbers next season or is that only for this season? Please only be this season
Probably permanent, "temporary changes" mean permanent changes in the AFL, much like the "temporary" 70mph speed limit on freeways in the UK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back