North VFL 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Heard on the grapevine that the VFL department is no more. All made redundant. Players been told that the club will be going down the VFL affiliate path in 2021 (if their is no AFL reserves competition).

Heard on the grapevine that the VFL department is no more. All made redundant. Players been told that the club will be going down the VFL affiliate path in 2021 (if their is no AFL reserves competition).
Jeepers - big news, but understandable I suppose. Plenty of clubs will be looking to cut costs big time.

I think there will be an eastern afl reserves league
10 afl vic teams plus Sydney and Brisbane teams

neafl will be dead

Jeepers - big news, but understandable I suppose. Plenty of clubs will be looking to cut costs big time.
That will be the end of the club if that’s the case you think they would have learnt there lesson from Port Melbourne North Ballarat and Werribee need to up the ante with the price of the membership so if the club does that surely that will the end will of the VWFL and AWFL teams then.

That will be the end of the club if that’s the case you think they would have learnt there lesson from Port Melbourne North Ballarat and Werribee need to up the ante with the price of the membership so if the club does that surely that will the end will of the VWFL and AWFL teams then.
Would be purely a financial decision in very difficult times. I agree with your sentiment but practicality rules.

Would be purely a financial decision in very difficult times. I agree with your sentiment but practicality rules.
Well let’s get this straight if this club allows the players of this club to play with lower level standead players at a lower level that are at best part timers and if there go ahead with this who coaches this team? Will this club wear our colours? Where will this club play it’s games?
So when this gutless spineless board EG:The Boys club and football department keep the women’s program and drops the VFL program well I know I won’t have to hand over $2,500 a year thru membership,raffles, Merchandise and donations that I give this club.

I would be willing to donate significantly to any funding drive to keep the VFL side.

I'd rather lose the AFLW license before the VFL side.

If we as a club move into this proposed new EAFL Competition in 2021.
What do get as Coach ?
Captain ?
Plus what type of players do we recruit do we bring over Academy players from Tasmania or do we recruit players from the old NEFL WAFL VFL or SANFL.

ROOS FORCED TO AXE VFL SIDE

North Melbourne has reportedly scrapped plans to continue their standalone VFL team into 2021.

With severe cost-cutting measures being undertaken by the football club, the Roos are resigned to not fielding their own side next year according to The Age.

North Melbourne has made VFL coach David Loader and general manager Andrew Carson redundant, with the Kangaroos only having a non-aligned VFL program for just two years.

The Kangaroos are currently exploring options for a second-tier affiliate going forward, as the AFL braces for changes to state league football across the country.

The 2020 VFL season never got off the ground after the latest wave of COVID-19 in the state.

According to reports our VFL team has been axed.
Loader is gone and we will not have a stand alone side in 2021.

Of all the things to axe, this and line coaches are not the way. Our players need help not have it taken away. Who do we think we are? West coast?
This is actually taking us further away from a flag.

Covid has slaughtered us as a club and it’s not finished yet.

We are on our knees when it comes to number 5. So far off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of all the things to axe, this and line coaches are not the way. Our players need help not have it taken away. Who do we think we are? West coast?

Well yeah we're obviously not West Coast financially, hence why things like this happen. I doubt we'll be the only club having to do something like this.

Well if the VFL side then the AWFL and VWFL sides must go too if the women sides are kept then Buckley must go plus the rest of the boys club .
and what’s happening with our CEO that Viv Richards look a like is he making decisions for his club while eating his paid breakfast .
I bet atm Werribee Coberg Preston are just sitting back to made an offer by north with anlighment oops a take over of our club.
So get used to wearing foreign jumpers playing under another clubs name having no say in playing style no North assistant coach of the take over club our supporters treated like leppers and 3rd class citizens but in saying these so called take over club will want everything.
Hasn’t History taught us something or the BOYS club doing this to feather their own egos and business interest .
We are supporters are treated with contempt by this so called board.

Well yeah we're obviously not West Coast financially, hence why things like this happen. I doubt we'll be the only club having to do something like this.
Yeah right I bet every Victorian based AFL club by Hawthorn /Box Hill will have an VFL side bar us.
I just want to know who’s running our club well it’s not the members.

ROOS FORCED TO AXE VFL SIDE

North Melbourne has reportedly scrapped plans to continue their standalone VFL team into 2021.

With severe cost-cutting measures being undertaken by the football club, the Roos are resigned to not fielding their own side next year according to The Age.

North Melbourne has made VFL coach David Loader and general manager Andrew Carson redundant, with the Kangaroos only having a non-aligned VFL program for just two years.

The Kangaroos are currently exploring options for a second-tier affiliate going forward, as the AFL braces for changes to state league football across the country.

The 2020 VFL season never got off the ground after the latest wave of COVID-19 in the state.

Looks like me and my little mate will be off to the 'borough to watch CJ and Nashy more than we thought

Will there even be a port Melbourne next year?
I reckon a lot of standalone vfl clubs won’t survive especially with no season this year
Well we have a new back up plan, we can go and watch the Kiwi Messi at Aami park, Marco Rojas or even the flying Papenhuyzen ...... Poxy bloody bat eaters have made the whole world skewiff.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back