Player Watch #24: Trent Rivers – signed to 2027

Remove this Banner Ad

He's good and he knows it.

Thought he was a bit stiff with the too far call, any umpire not called Ray wouldn't have called it.

He's good and he knows it.

Thought he was a bit stiff with the too far call, any umpire not called Ray wouldn't have called it.
He did everything right until he didn’t, was a good bit of run and the right decision. Hope it doesn’t discourage him from breaking lines rather than just kicking long like his teammates.

Would be curious to know how he’s improved since R1 in the coaches’ eyes

Could be the realities of the 2020 season

Prior to round 1: bullish, back to finals, maybe tilt at the flag. So you play Hibberd.
Post-Round 1: Weird season incoming after disappointing round 1 result, 2021 would be our next tilt - let's blood young players.

Fantastic debut looks very classy. My favourite moment was when he was deep in the pocket he collected the ball didn't panick just spotted a short target and hit it to release pressure.
With the running too far you could see he was going to do something good with it. This was at a point where we were struggling to get it forward.

From a mock draft: "Possesses the versatility to play either as a ball-winning midfielder or in defence. A strong contested ball-winner, Rivers combines this with class and composure."

Class and composure is exactly what we saw yesterday.

From a mock draft: "Possesses the versatility to play either as a ball-winning midfielder or in defence. A strong contested ball-winner, Rivers combines this with class and composure."

Class and composure is exactly what we saw yesterday.

Can’t wait till he’s Melbourne’d by about round 12.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Take the kick ins off May.
I think I'd definitely want May closer to CHB off kick-ins, receiving it from Rivers/Salo/Nev who are pretty reliable by foot. If teams leave May open, he can wheel out 60M drop punts to get us between wing and CHF pretty easily.

His high-risk high-reward kicking just makes more sense going further up the field

Oooooft, don't see many first gamers take the game on like that combined with the composure to know when to slow it down and retain possession.

Looks like a jet

Yep, looks like a 200 gamer! Exactly what we need in the team atm with Hibberd and Jetta getting on. Solid debut. This draft looks a winner tbh.

Impressed in his debut, could very well end up being out best player from this draft.
Don't know about that, but at the very least he looks like he'll be more or less the same player that Hayden Young would have been for us if we'd taken him instead of Jackson at pick 3 and hopefully just as good. Certainly looked more comfortable at senior level than Young did on the weekend.

Looks very much an AFL level player.

He's going to be a hard body and looks a nice kick. Was a bit surprised by his dash and carry as well.

Looked a little bit David King like, for anyone who remembers when he used to run around..
Strong shoulders and core, straight line runner. Nice long kick.

Honestly, this kid is a jet. I had him in my top ten and could have been anywhere close to 6th in the rankings.

Just shocking that he slipped as far as he did on draft night. I am going to enjoy watching his development over the years. He also has long term midfield ability in my eyes, so watch this space in his 4th or 5th year.

Looks very much an AFL level player.

He's going to be a hard body and looks a nice kick. Was a bit surprised by his dash and carry as well.

Looked a little bit David King like, for anyone who remembers when he used to run around..

He's way more Joel Smith than David King like I said at the top of the page. Far more composure with the ball in hand and far better skills than King who had no left foot whatsoever.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back