Who is your current favourite North player?

I don’t begrudge Dal Santo for maintaining a lot of love for the Saints. After all, he played in 2(3) GF’s with them. However, he still added a lot for us. He was, arguably, the difference that ensured we got to a PF in 2014. He has always spoken well of the club. I don’t think he gets the love he deserves.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
This, was the icing on the cake. came to us when we were just outside the 8, his only 3 years at the club netted finals all 3 years with 2 prelims then he leaves and we plummet back down again

Getting an AA player come over was huge and I think gave the group a ton of confidence. Think his successful first year gave Higgins and Waite confidence to come over also, massive positive ripple affect from when we got dal

But back to thread topic
1. Ziebell
2. Zurhaar
3. Taz
4. Garner
5. Higgins
6. Simpkin
7. LDU
8. Tarryn
9. Cunners
10. Curtis/Marley

Last edited:
It's very hard to narrow one down but the blokes I really like are
Cunners
Browny
Higgo
Polec
Jasper
LDU
Simpkin
Maj
Goldy
Tarryn
Curtis

If I have to say one it's Cunners.

Heaps of fun

Goatered on the sticks
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Just thinking if LDU kicks onto the player he could be then a lot of answers will be changing soon. Rewatched those goals he sunk against the Pies last year. The kid is so talented for a ball-winner.

MinistryOfMajak

All Australian
Jul 30, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Top 7 favourite players:
1. Ben Brown
2. Ben Cunnington
3. Jack Ziebell
4. Robbie Tarrant
5. Jed Anderson
6. Jy Simpkin
7. Cameron Zurhaar

Rising Star (not in your top 7, but who should be there soon enough): Tarryn Thomas

Fading Star (used to be in your top 7, but slipped out): Higgins. Not really his fault, he's just getting on in years and others are coming through. I'm really hopeful he remains positive re the club when he finishes up playing. I think he will, but we've all been burned by former players.

Player you get most excited about when they have the ball in their hands: Jy or Tarryn. Magicians.

Player you get most nervous about when they have the ball in their hands: Pittard. Capable of the sublime and the dreadful. Can't help but love the bloke though.

Who do you think our most important player right now & moving forward, who we need to hang on to: Cunnington and Jy/Tarryn. Can't afford to lose either of them, they're truly special players and being supported by the likes of Larkey, Zurhaar, Scott, LDU, Walker, Taylor etc...call me a fool, but I see some really good times ahead for our club.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

BowWow1978

All Australian
Feb 6, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Top 7 favourite players:
1. Cam ZUUUUUURHAAAAAR
2. Ben Cunnington
3. Ben Brown
4. Robbie Tarrant
5. Goldy
6. Higgins
7. Sympkin

Rising Star (not in your top 7, but who should be there soon enough): Tarryn Thomas/Souva Larkey

Fading Star (used to be in your top 7, but slipped out): JZ. Every time i hear a commentator say he needs to spend more time in the midfield, I roll my eyes and just know they have never actually watched us play when he's playing mid. Every time he wins a clearance, he hacks it forward, straight to opposition defence and they sweep it back down the field. Any chance of a hand-pass out to a player in space JZ? He's a better forward, but with BBB, CZ and Souva, I'm not sure where he fits in that mix. Love his commitment and attack on the ball/player, but his field kicking and footy smarts in the midfield are simply not up to scratch.

Player you get most excited about when they have the ball in their hands: ZUUUUUUURRRRHAAAAAAAARRRRR!!!!!!

Player you get most nervous about when they have the ball in their hands: JZ anytime outside the forward 50.

Who do you think our most important player right now & moving forward, who we need to hang on to: Thomas, Sympkin, Zurhaar, Larkey - the kids plus Tarrant.

Mjs94

Club Legend
Apr 24, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Cunners/Zurhaar at the moment but suspect it will be LDU in the long run

You’re the only true TZ antidote on this subject, Philly. You’ve been in JMac’s corner since about 2010, from memory.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
A grim corner

Have often wondered if he was taking the piss, taking an opposing view for the sake of it, then I believe philly lost a bet to delete his bf account and he stayed away for awhile, respected that but then he came back

Phillyroo

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 17, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles Baby
A grim corner

Have often wondered if he was taking the piss, taking an opposing view for the sake of it, then I believe philly lost a bet to delete his bf account and he stayed away for awhile, respected that but then he came back
Mate to be honest I’m pumped you respected me, even for a short time.... I never respected you, not for one second.

1595897816360.jpeg

Sep 16, 2001
Behind the goals at the BSO
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fitzroy, North
Enough to get you to buy a membership? Jump on board

Big fan of his also too

I have been a member of the North cheer squad in the past and now I live in Docklands so i will get a membership when footy fires up again. Use to love Sav Rocca as his kicking at docklands was a delight to watch. I used to go to the North games with my son (lives in Canberra now) and sit in the stands for the first part of the game to watch Rocca kick and sit with the cheer squad for the last quarter.

Was a lot of fun.

Back