Review Dogs 57 def Giants 33. There’s bite in the old dog.

Remove this Banner Ad

Honestly, feels a bit yucky. We busted out gut all game with 110% high intensity, but only won by 4 goals against what felt like a bottom 4 side.

Our ball movement in the forward half is slow and pretty bad, which is made even worse by abysmal conversion. There's not much guys like Bruce and Naughton can do when they're always being double teamed under a high ball. Winning this game required a comically high amount of defensive effort to compensate for our inability to move the ball quickly and efficiently forward of centre.

It also doesn't help that we're carrying passengers. Lloyd, Dale, Suckling and Vandermeer just not giving us enough.

Comfortable with Keath’s effort tonight. Good effort on the backline to provide stability when needed

I don’t understand why they aren’t arm in arm for the song and yet when it finishes they all run and jump on each other and have a big hug 🤗

There is no need to not do the song like normal. Don’t give me social distancing bullsh*t when they are playing a full contact sport and then can’t shake hands or get into a huddle to sing the song but then do other stuff that is total contradictory. Any social distancing measures between players are only for show. They don’t do anything so stop the pretend.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ll eat some crow re. English, he had a good third quarter and was a bit better in the ruck. He had two abysmal set shots though and wasn’t up against an amazing ruck so we’ll see.

Great performance from the boys except for poor goal kicking - what’s new, apparently it’s not important to practice literally the only skill that determines whether or not you score.

Bailey update:

Smith - gun.
Williams - I’ve always liked, might have a future.
Dale - Worrying form, needs a bit more....

We set up really well tonight. Was hard for the plastics to get the ball out. Take away a few of those gifted goals and convert a few of ours and it looks far worse for them. Did BT say Lach Ash was getting a Gatorade shower?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Honestly, feels a bit yucky. We busted out gut all game with 110% high intensity, but only won by 4 goals against what felt like a bottom 4 side.

Our ball movement in the forward half is slow and pretty bad, which is made even worse by abysmal conversion. There's not much guys like Bruce and Naughton can do when they're always being double teamed under a high ball. Winning this game required a comically high amount of defensive effort to compensate for our inability to move the ball quickly and efficiently forward of centre.

It also doesn't help that we're carrying passengers. Lloyd, Dale, Suckling and Vandermeer just not giving us enough.
Rough of Vanders. Second game and still showing glimpses. Other 3 can go as we have replacements but give Vanders atleast one more

Remove this Banner Ad

Back