The Teague Delay

Remove this Banner Ad

I dont think Docherty or Cripps have the mongrel in them to put it on Murph and if they can't kick Murph up the backside - their influence on other blokes hving shockers ( eg Setterfield/Newnes) is also diminished - it has to come from Teague, and it wont.

I dont think Docherty or Cripps have the mongrel in them to put it on Murph and if they can't kick Murph up the backside - their influence on other blokes hving shockers ( eg Setterfield/Newnes) is also diminished - it has to come from Teague, and it wont.
Why not? Teague a bit soft you reckon?

I feel like Doc wouldn't have an issue with a stern convo with Murph.

Former Captain etc etc etc...would be my guess

Cripps and Docherty have to lead on field and sometimes that means barking at blokes not doing the right thing.

as for Teague

my take is he was rewarding blokes who won him games last year as his first instinct...

lets see if he changes stuff up or not - the Q1 performances have almost become signature game plans (sic) same thing was happening last year - we need more mongrel.

A young list being out thought, out bustled and out whitted. But the mere fact we can get back into these contests means that we have the skills and fitness. We need to harden TFU

Agree with where we lacked, but it wasn't a young team at all. I'd suggest it was our older players who struggled the most early.

Former Captain etc etc etc...would be my guess

Cripps and Docherty have to lead on field and sometimes that means barking at blokes not doing the right thing.

as for Teague

my take is he was rewarding blokes who won him games last year as his first instinct...

lets see if he changes stuff up or not - the Q1 performances have almost become signature game plans (sic) same thing was happening last year - we need more mongrel.

Pls Jab don’t go there! You Know my thoughts on Murph!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Doc would have off field chats with Murph. Cripps more likely to bark something on field. Cripps is more the passionate white line fever type.

Yep think its time the match committee makes a statement to this playing list .
I see Melbourne has dropped former captain Jones but as you said they probably havent the balls, time to drop Murphy .

It won't come from Teague because he leads by example. He has never been and will never be the sort to give a massive spray.

Oddly enough I have been told that the biggest sprayer in the team is one Jacob Weitering. But Cripps and Docherty can do it. None of them are soft.

I see Melbourne has dropped former captain Jones but as you said they probably havent the balls, time to drop Murphy .

Need to understand the role Murphy is being asked to play. His shoulders are cactus so not sure tackling is possible? I don't think he is soft - has always put his head over the ball IMO. But I do agree if his form does not improve and other mids keep playing through him, it may be small forward role or bust.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Need to understand the role Murphy is being asked to play. His shoulders are cactus so not sure tackling is possible? I don't think he is soft - has always put his head over the ball IMO. But I do agree if his form does not improve and other mids keep playing through him, it may be small forward role or bust.
Think your mistaking the Murphy of now with the Murphy in his prime .
Agree he was hard at it head over ball knocked over many times kept going teriffic player .
This is not Murphy now for whatever reason avoids body contact when possible continually playing for frees .
If his shoulders are stuffed and he's not able to tackle or willing to add meaningful pressure to the oppo then he should retire imo .

Murphy has had 26 and 24 touches in 2 games this season. He may not be at his best but he is still accumulating.

We don't have many in our squad that can consistently get over 20 touches a game.

After 5 rounds: Carlton 2014-2019
2014 1-4
2015 1-4
2016 1-4
2017 1-4
2018 0-5
2019 1-4

Damning statistics. Rebuild the rebuild. The '66 game reset.' Questions and things worth pondering:

When will we improve?
When will guys like O'Brien, Dow, etc. take the next step?
Beating Melbourne was a game we had to win to show we were on the right track.
The culture of the Club is stuffed and has been for years. Maybe The Last Dance needs to be played repeatedly to this playing group.
Board has failed year upon year. ( Apart from reducing debt)
How does Darcy Lang get a game?
What's happened to Liam Stocker?
Why did we let Phillips go (not that he's great) considering Kruezer's injury record?
Why is our list so unbalanced? Thanks, SOS.
Some good valid questions there. losing to dees was bad. We are a better side and we should have beaten them.

I think we are on the cusp of putting it all together and the wins aren’t that far away.

Why did we let Phillips go (not that he's great) considering Kruezer's injury record?
Why is our list so unbalanced? Thanks, SOS.

Pittonet is better than Phillips and DeKoning will be better than both.

SOS could hardly have done more to address our deficiencies in just 5 drafts. I'd ask about the development of some players more than anything.

Let's compare our quarters vs our opponents quarters since the start of 2019, so we can see what has changed under Teague after Bolton was sacked.

The grey squares denote that team winning the quarter. I also have the total scores kicked in those quarters (remember 11 games for Bolton and 13 for Teague), points per quarter and quarters won.

Qtr by Qtr 2019 and 2020.JPG

Last edited:
Let's compare our quarters vs our opponents quarters since the start of 2019, so we can see what has changed under Teague after Bolton was sacked.

The grey squares denote that team winning the quarter. I also have the total scores kicked in those quarters (remember 11 games for Bolton and 13 for Teague), points per quarter and quarters won.

View attachment 895593

nicely done. Couple of errors Teague quarter 4.

View attachment 895593

question - did you prepare this yourself? Or do Mods have little helpers designed to produce data to make them look smart? If so, do you dress the helpers in team colours? Hopefully St Kilda mod helpers are normal sized as BF doesn’t need a midget burning scandal.

question - did you prepare this yourself? Or do Mods have little helpers designed to produce data to make them look smart? If so, do you dress the helpers in team colours? Hopefully St Kilda mod helpers are normal sized as BF doesn’t need a midget burning scandal.

I would love a little data elf. Alas, I have to do these things myself.

any chance you can work out when we win clearances who are leading 3 mids are? And thank you

Not really. It doesn't fit any particular argument I'm trying to make.

If you mean our 3 mids with the best clearance averages in recent history, I'd suggest Cripps and Curnow are there. Raffle the 3rd spot.

Or do you mean, what is the most common centre square lineup when we win clearances?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back