List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Targets

Remove this Banner Ad

If we acquire anyone via trade this coming off season I hope they are a young player with upside rather than an experienced body. We have a really nice youth nucleus coming through and it only makes sense to add more talent to that.

Hately would be a good pick up. Im expecting Ollie to request a trade and wonder if we try to get someone like Hately to.be included as part of such a deal. Otherwise at this point I'd be content with just making sure that our draft picks are going to have enough points to get our F/S and academy prospects who are likely 1st round talents.

If we acquire anyone via trade this coming off season I hope they are a young player with upside rather than an experienced body. We have a really nice youth nucleus coming through and it only makes sense to add more talent to that.

Hately would be a good pick up. Im expecting Ollie to request a trade and wonder if we try to get someone like Hately to.be included as part of such a deal. Otherwise at this point I'd be content with just making sure that our draft picks are going to have enough points to get our F/S and academy prospects who are likely 1st round talents.
I think that our list strategy is to build for the future around the last 2 drafts, so we should aim for any opportunity to bring in 1st round picks from these that we can. Hately would be a perfect addition to our young crew from that draft, with the aim of trying to secure Lukosius and rankine in the future.

But I would be surprised if either of the boys that we have access to this year go first round. Our seconds and later should be fine for that.

I would love to target Tom Doedee. Crows are going to be an absolute mess coming trade period and we should try and pillage them.

I would love to target Tom Doedee. Crows are going to be an absolute mess coming trade period and we should try and pillage them.
Would need a first rounder..... and a medium sized defender not a priority for us like a key position player or elite midfielder would be...so it would be a no from me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

priorities have to be building around the rozee core. No need to bring in older free agent types unless they’re a budget option who fills a need like Matty White which I don’t see happening.

we lack tall defenders both developing youth for after clurey Jonas and Mackenzie go but also ready made depth is missing unless we’re really sure watts can get fit and bridge that gap.

Currently OOC Sa lads.

hately
Petty
Cox

Hately will be coming home. Decent prospect to add to our midfield but I wouldn’t want to overpay as at the moment he projects more as a reliable ball winner rather than star.

Petty and cox are key defenders but I’m not sure I’m that keen on cox. Decent defender but I don’t think he’s the mobile guy our coaches would be keen on.

Dylan Stephens and Gould at Sydney are contracted but would ask the question about both and expect to get knocked back. Stephens is the most perfect boak replacement you could ever hope for.

I would still ask about luko but he’s contracted 1 more year and we aren’t desperate for him to overpay.

The well known poster that visits with info mentioned it (ages ago). There’s also been people that know his family that have said that they were surprised they even managed to get him over the border. On this board and another.

"With only two of the 18 clubs based in SA, Hately is aware he’s more likely to move interstate if he’s drafted you’re going interstate. But he’s prepared to make that move — and has been prepared for some time.

“From a young age, for whatever reason, I’ve always felt like I would move,” Hately told foxfooty.com.au.

“It would be hard to move away from family, but It’s definitely something I feel like I would embrace and definitely make the most of it."

Yep. Surprised they were able to drag him over the border.

The comments from another poster could have come to fruition last year, but didn't. And none of them said 'Hately is coming home'.

Attachments

• 1592651175918.png
    1592651175918.png
    6.3 KB · Views: 334
"With only two of the 18 clubs based in SA, Hately is aware he’s more likely to move interstate if he’s drafted you’re going interstate. But he’s prepared to make that move — and has been prepared for some time.

“From a young age, for whatever reason, I’ve always felt like I would move,” Hately told foxfooty.com.au.

“It would be hard to move away from family, but It’s definitely something I feel like I would embrace and definitely make the most of it."

Yep. Surprised they were able to drag him over the border.

The comments from another poster could have come to fruition last year, but didn't. And none of them said 'Hately is coming home'.

hately wasnt out of contract last year.

You know Adelaide will be desperate for a few SA boys at the trade table the next two years... they will pay a kings ransom for Hately and Rankine, bet your last dollar on it!
Don’t think many player agents will be recommending going there at present.

Bit like us in 2012. It will take time to rebuild their list. They are going to need to go to the draft for a few years and build a list.

Will be a great place to get more opportunity and a greater share of the salary cap over the next few years. Player agents don't care about winning flags.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back