Aaron Naughton - How many weeks?

Remove this Banner Ad

Hopefully Whitfield to toss the coin at the next Dogs vs Giants match and the GWS players to forget all about the football game in progress as they try and get revenge on the evil perpetrator, just like tonight.
Given his brilliant acrobatic display, i vote Whitfield IS the coin next time we play.

Nothing in it.
Didn't deviate from the line where he was tracking the ball.
Kind of braced for contact but not an intentional 'bump' nothing designed to maim his opponent.

No case to answer IMO

Naughton runs in a straight line towards the footy as your tought as a forward/footballer, never broke off his line enough said. Please stop saying his in trouble. Whitfield had of ran straight line different story he tried to turn his body away. Play on #greatfooty #Tough ##
— Brendan Fevola (@BrendanFevola25) June 19, 2020

This is what I thought initially, but after watching it a few times the ball bounces sideways and he’s left reaching for it. Prior to that bounce he was running straight at the ball.

If Naughton gets any penalty from this, those in charge need to be replaced. Absolutely did nothing wrong.

Naughton eyes for the ball, he then senses Whitfield and braces for contact.
Whitfield eyes for the ball fails to use his senses and in doing so fails to protect himself. 50/50 ball and onus should also be on Whitfield to protect himself

The reason Whitfield was concussed last night was because of Whitfield, not because of Naughton.

Took his eyes off the ball and swung an elbow outside of his torso which collected and concussed Whitfield. I don't think it was accidental as the lateral movement of his arm from his midline was unprompted and could only have been to whack Whitfield.

At least one week, potentially two.
Almost. Cleared by the MRP. :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feel a bit sorry for Whitfield . Naughton was set up for the perfect shirt front but Whitfield in two minds because the bump is basically banned ends up doing nothing except not get his head out of the way.

Took his eyes off the ball and swung an elbow outside of his torso which collected and concussed Whitfield. I don't think it was accidental as the lateral movement of his arm from his midline was unprompted and could only have been to whack Whitfield.

At least one week, potentially two.

Swing and a miss buddy

I'm sure Mumford won't miss Bontempelli across the jaw with an "accidental" swinging elbow next time we play the Bulldogs. Was a dog act by Naughton and I'm sure he'll have something come his way soon.

So supporter of club that appears to aggressively target individual players and seems to be an undisciplined rabble lately.... suggests that in future matches the team he follows should employ a tactic of aggressively targeting individual players with undisciplined acts. Well you're definitely supporting the right club. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back