D Mitchell

Premiership Player
Jul 28, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray Football Club
Anyone saying we needed to rebuild one of the youngest premiership teams in history is simply an excuse and not the reality
Stringer, Dalhaus, Roughhead got ahead of themselves. 2016 was built on the 'all in' principle. Bev inherited a team, wants his own, can't blame him for that, he wants a dynasty, not just a Flag. He sees the Stringer-Dalhaus cancer, cuts it out. The team was young enough anyway. Defendable decisions.

Yojimbo

Cancelled
10k Posts
Nov 14, 2012
The "Elephant" in the room.
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Anyone saying we needed to rebuild one of the youngest premiership teams in history is simply an excuse and not the reality
Yet to see anyone say that or use the word rebuild, adjust because of injury, form, retirements and rule changes yes definitely,
but as I said in the other thread had Dickson and Stringer kept returning 106 Goals a season I doubt Bevo changes anything.

Mattdougie

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Yet to see anyone say that or use the word rebuild, adjust because of injury, form, retirements and rule changes yes definitely,
but as I said in the other thread had Dickson and Stringer kept returning 106 Goals a season I doubt Bevo changes anything.

And as I said you are wrong and assuming

I showed you as a team we had next to no change in points scored for or against on 15 and 16 UNTIL we changed and ruined that.

but you keep making it about two blokes not the entire team

Mattdougie

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Stringer, Dalhaus, Roughhead got ahead of themselves. 2016 was built on the 'all in' principle. Bev inherited a team, wants his own, can't blame him for that, he wants a dynasty, not just a Flag. He sees the Stringer-Dalhaus cancer, cuts it out. The team was young enough anyway. Defendable decisions.

Garbage

Show me a coach in any sport in history that had systematically pulled apart both Personal and system as much as we did in one off season?

clearly changes could have been made but not a Complete overhaul on a winning system

And how is that dynasty going?
One of the most ridiculous arguments is that Bev inherited the team and wanted his own!!!! Really? He is that arrogant he can’t accept winning unless it’s “his” team??? So for Bevs ego we have been shite for 4 years and you can’t blame him for that? Okay

Last edited:

D Mitchell

Premiership Player
Jul 28, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray Football Club
Garbage

Show me a coach in any sport in history that had systematically pulled apart both Personal and system as much as we did in one off season?

clearly changes could have been made but not a Complete overhaul on a winning system

And how is that dynasty going?

Garbage is a bit strong. Who knows what's happening in Bev's mind. I think he was intending a dynasty, who wouldn't have been after that GF with such a young team ? It's one thing to translate a magical September into the Premiership, another to found a Hawthornesque dynasty. Not yet but don't give up hope.

Yojimbo

Cancelled
10k Posts
Nov 14, 2012
The "Elephant" in the room.
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
And as I said you are wrong and assuming

I showed you as a team we had next to no change in points scored for or against on 15 and 16 UNTIL we changed and ruined that.

but you keep making it about two blokes not the entire team
Actually you included finals into calculations for Points For and Points Against to which I said "Take your crayons and go away if
you can't handle the truth". Thanks for destroying my Luck Beveridge tribute thread by the way and I used Dickson and Stringer
because they were examples of the few pure forwards we had on our list at that point in time.

Mattdougie

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Actually you included finals into calculations for Points For and Points Against to which I said "Take your crayons and go away if
you can't handle the truth". Thanks for destroying my Luck Beveridge tribute thread by the way and I used Dickson and Stringer
because they were examples of the few pure forwards we had on our list at that point in time.

sorry I wasn’t aware kicking more points than the opposition regardless how it was done wasnt important, Braun’s must have confused me that the bigger score wins

My error 🤦🏼‍♂️

Cadillac

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 25, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Very disappointing so far, and I reckon you are right in scrutinizing the coach.

Hey, I get it, you have the shits at the moment, and so would I.

I can't see the point in bringing in big blokes and not significantly changing up the game plan though, and I reckon that has you in your current predicament.
Hey snake, We miss you around here mate. when can we get you back to offer some more words of wisdom? What do you think we will need to do to turn things around?

2 months ago you were 2-0 and had the courage to come to our board and critique our 0-2 start, our premiership coach and game plan. Since then you’re 1-12, sitting 17th on the ladder. Been forced to abandon your VFL program because of financial difficulties and the dogs are sitting in the 8.

Life comes at you fast.

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Hey snake, We miss you around here mate. when can we get you back to offer some more words of wisdom? What do you think we will need to do to turn things around?

Sack the coach and strengthen the spine.

Cadillac

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 25, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Sack the coach and strengthen the spine.
A good thing the dogs are getting the best key position player in the draft then. But let’s not pretend like you haha any idea about footy anyway. Didn’t you say last week that Naughton doesn’t kick goals against good teams? 😂😂

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
A good thing the dogs are getting the best key position player in the draft then. But let’s not pretend like you haha any idea about footy anyway.

Indeed. You can't rely on Josh Bruce just to show up against North once a year.

Didn’t you say last week that Naughton doesn’t kick goals against good teams?

He hasn't this year. He's a 2nd string KPF. A very talented player though.

Cadillac

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 25, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Indeed. You can't rely on Josh Bruce just to show up against North once a year.

He hasn't this year. He's a 2nd string KPF. A very talented player though.
He had two off season surgeries including one a week out from round 1. And missed a chunk of footy after round 4. But of course that’s clouded your judgement enough to forget how many big games he had against top 4 sides last year lol.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
He had two off season surgeries including one a week out from round 1. And missed a chunk of footy after round 4. But of course that’s clouded your judgement enough to forget how many big games he had against top 4 sides last year lol.

Yeah righto mate, I'm not spoiling for a fight and you dragged me in here.

He's a good player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back