Past #17: Jasper Pittard - delisted after 33 NM games/5 NM goals - thanks Jasper

Remove this Banner Ad

Haha way to Necroquote

I don't recall even posting this, and if you got him on a good day I'm pleased for you and him, just enjoy it while it lasts

Keep digging, w@nker. You were in this thread salting it up for days so don't pull the "I don't remember" crap.

The enjoyment has lasted for more than a year now - he's had about 20 good-excellent games for us. Polec too. Did you also forget how well they played when we made you our bitches last year? You know, when you needed to beat a bottom six side to stay in the finals? Talk about last laugh.

Jasper, Mrs. H wants to have your children.

She’s gonna have to rock paper scissor Mr. K over that one.

Yeah, after reading her post in the Autopsy thread, I'm starting to get a little worried about Sopwiths.

I'd say more about it, but right now I have to go and rinse this blonde dye out of my hair.

Keep digging, w@nker. You were in this thread salting it up for days so don't pull the "I don't remember" crap.

The enjoyment has lasted for more than a year now - he's had about 20 good-excellent games for us. Polec too. Did you also forget how well they played when we made you our bitches last year? You know, when you needed to beat a bottom six side to stay in the finals? Talk about last laugh.

Ok fair cop I guess. A lot has happened in my life since then so my recollection is vague but a bit is coming back to me now. I probably did lay a fair amount of salt, it's well within in my character, and we were in the process of losing Wingard at the same time so there was a lot of venom to spit 😛

Losing Polec certainly stung but he was coming at a high price, so it is what it is. With Jasper,we certainly had had the mixed bag from him over the past few years, his best is great, even brilliant - even if you get the bombscare every now and then but he sadly wasn't giving us much in the last 2 years.

I think we got Butters with the pick you gave us for these guys which seems to have turned out okay for us, at least so far, so hey, early saltiness aside I'm please for Pittard showing his best.

Oh and yeah I had forgotten that game last year... Thanks for bringing it up. I was hoping it would be the end of Hinkley and yet here we are...

Ok fair cop I guess. A lot has happened in my life since then so my recollection is vague but a bit is coming back to me now. I probably did lay a fair amount of salt, it's well within in my character, and we were in the process of losing Wingard at the same time so there was a lot of venom to spit 😛

Losing Polec certainly stung but he was coming at a high price, so it is what it is. With Jasper,we certainly had had the mixed bag from him over the past few years, his best is great, even brilliant - even if you get the bombscare every now and then but he sadly wasn't giving us much in the last 2 years.

I think we got Butters with the pick you gave us for these guys which seems to have turned out okay for us, at least so far, so hey, early saltiness aside I'm please for Pittard showing his best.

Oh and yeah I had forgotten that game last year... Thanks for bringing it up. I was hoping it would be the end of Hinkley and yet here we are...

Kudos for the very reasonable response.

Kudos for the very reasonable response.

All good. Gee I've missed actual football banter.

Anyway I went back and re read my posts (yep I was having fun being a dick) however I still stand by my original one here

just winding back a minute, how does a bunch of stat comparisons with players 5-6 years younger actually relate to salary cap?

Pittard had a good 2016 which was (in my mind) a form he had been building to over the previous few years. Then 2017-18 had a drop off in form, cataclysmic even last year when he was dropped to reserves.

That's not to say he was a terrible player, in fact quite a smart defender with some good leadership skills (just learn to clench your sphincter when you're 11 points down, 3 minutes to go and surging forward, he gets the ball in traffic).

Houston, Byrne-Jones, Bonner all are yet to hit their prime, with Pittard arguably having reached it briefly then dropped back to his normal bombscare best.

Good get for North as a half-eaten burger rings deal tough.

I’m interested to see whether Shaw makes a statement on what I believe was an inexcusable performance.

For all the accolades and plaudits dished out last Sunday I can’t see how it’s acceptable for a half back flanker to have a disposal efficiency of 52%.

No one else on the ground was that poor. You cannot be butchering the ball like that and especially coming out of defence.

The credits in the bank mantra is bullshit. On watching the replay Pittard did such a poor job on Heeney that Rhyce may have had no choice but to play Hayden on him. Im hoping Shaw makes an example and drops him, even for one game so the players start to know this is the North standard. We won’t get anywhere if we continue to accept crap.

Pittards turnovers cost us the game without a doubt and when the margin ended up being 9 points, it’s losses like these that have time and time again proven costly.

Set the standard Rhyce. One game out and then back in. Not good enough.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Worst game in a North jumper.

Nevertheless, they'll probably run some media on tattoos/haircuts/greyhounds/graphic design/social awareness/insert some new non football stuff this week.

I don't care about any of that bullshit Jasper, what I want is a 200 game veteran playing like a 200 game veteran.

Go & be "quirky" on someone else's time and dollar.

Last edited:
He had an absolute stinker but he's been good ever since he got here so I'd cut him a bit of.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Same. Unlike a few others he also turned up to the game - just that everything that could go wrong did go wrong.

He had an absolute stinker but he's been good ever since he got here so I'd cut him a bit of.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk
Yeah, dirty day for him. Not alone though. Midfield help was non existent but can't deflect blame when you can't grab or kick the footy. Exception rather than the rule now though

He is a butcher and we all knew that when we picked him up.

He has been good for us but it becomes an issue when you have LMac, Marley and JP all in the same defence - all one sided left footers and all butchers.

We need 1-2 of these positions to be offering us quality ball use or we just get bogged down trying to get out of the oppositions 50.

We now rely on Taz as our primary ball user back there - clearly not an ideal situation - that is the role of flankers not kpd.

I’m interested to see whether Shaw makes a statement on what I believe was an inexcusable performance.

For all the accolades and plaudits dished out last Sunday I can’t see how it’s acceptable for a half back flanker to have a disposal efficiency of 52%.

No one else on the ground was that poor. You cannot be butchering the ball like that and especially coming out of defence.

The credits in the bank mantra is bullshit. On watching the replay Pittard did such a poor job on Heeney that Rhyce may have had no choice but to play Hayden on him. Im hoping Shaw makes an example and drops him, even for one game so the players start to know this is the North standard. We won’t get anywhere if we continue to accept crap.

Pittards turnovers cost us the game without a doubt and when the margin ended up being 9 points, it’s losses like these that have time and time again proven costly.

Set the standard Rhyce. One game out and then back in. Not good enough.

90% agree there big fella but would do a Pagan and give him one game to atone. He's been a very good warrior so far for us.

He pulls that s**t 2 weeks in a row though and it's probably time to look at his selection closer.

90% agree there big fella but would do a Pagan and give him one game to atone. He's been a very good warrior so far for us.

He pulls that sh*t 2 weeks in a row though and it's probably time to look at his selection closer.
I know he won’t be dropped. We can ill-afford to considering our next opponent.
Just feel after his best game for the club and then his worst six days later, it’s so indicative of our culture and the way our form has panned out since the turn of the century.
I just think 16 games into Rhyces career he can make a sacrificial lamb out of Jasper, put everyone on notice and say no matter how good you are, turning the ball over like that is a non-negotiable.

Mind you, he comes out and plays a blinder next week then I’ll be blowing his horn for redeeming himself - but that’s because Pittard knows he has to.
I don’t want others to get comfortable under Rhyce knowing they can redeem bad performances in the ones because Rhyce will give them a second chance.
This was Brads undoing and cost us every year.

I know he won’t be dropped. We can ill-afford to considering our next opponent.
Just feel after his best game for the club and then his worst six days later, it’s so indicative of our culture and the way our form has panned out since the turn of the century.
I just think 16 games into Rhyces career he can make a sacrificial lamb out of Jasper, put everyone on notice and say no matter how good you are, turning the ball over like that is a non-negotiable.

Mind you, he comes out and plays a blinder next week then I’ll be blowing his horn for redeeming himself - but that’s because Pittard knows he has to.
I don’t want others to get comfortable under Rhyce knowing they can redeem bad performances in the ones because Rhyce will give them a second chance.
This was Brads undoing and cost us every year.

Second chances weren’t Brad’s undoing, it was when the chances hit doubles figure.....

Didn't go hard enough in a marking contest. And it costs us a goal I can accept a bad game. But when a bloke pulls up when he knows he could get hurt. I don't like that.
5 game veteran Curtis Taylor and his match hardened body goes back with the flight of the footy and disgracefully doesn’t get called the mark.
Jasper in literally the same spot allowed it to bounce.

It really was a poor game by his standard but to let a kid outshine you via a courageous act would have to hurt.
Outside of being dropped these two plays should be reviewed and replayed time and time again this week. Ones the North way. The other isn’t.

giantroo do you know when these two occurred? Would love to see a side by side vision

Remove this Banner Ad

Back