Melbourne vs Melbourne Aka the battle from within

Remove this Banner Ad

Good to see that my joke about the McDonald v Weideman shootout ending in a 0-0 score came to fruition.

Anyway obviously not much use taking anything out of that but nice to see Melksham up and about with five goals suggesting he's hopefully still got a lot to offer if we play a more free flowing style and going missing last week was an anomaly. A few decent lead up efforts from TMac up the ground producing goals as well which was good, and the Bennell goal was class.

Is #38 Mitch Brown? * me, it's sad when I don't even know who our best forward is...

Whoever you are mysterious stranger you should be in the team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Going off this video, I'm pretty sure the scoreline went like this...

Melbourne Red: 10 (Jake Melksham 4, Bayley Fritsch 2, Jayden Hunt 1, Kysaiah Pickett 1, Mitch Hannan 1, Harley Bennell 1)
Melbourne Blue: 9 (Mitch Brown 4, Charlie Spargo 2, Corey Wagner 1, Toby Bedford 1, James Jordan 1)

Melbourne took an early lead with Melksham the biggest contributer for Melbourne in the first quarter and a bit. Melbourne then started clawing at the 5-2 margin Melbourne had to be tied 8 apiece at 3-quarter time. Melksham's 4th goal ensured a Melbourne win.

If I got any of this wrong, I only watched the video once and had some trouble making out some of the blurry numbers.

Last edited:

Melbourne Red: 10 (Jake Melksham 6, Bayley Fritsch 2, Kysaiah Pickett 1, Harley Bennell 1)
Melbourne Blue: 9 (Mitch Brown 4, Charlie Spargo 2, Corey Wagner 1, Toby Bedford 1, James Jordan 1)

Melbourne took an early lead with Melksham the only goal kicker for Melbourne in the first quarter and a bit. Melbourne then started clawing at the 5-2 margin Melbourne had to be tied 8 apiece at 3-quarter time. Melksham's 6th goal ensured a Melbourne win.

If I got any of this wrong, I only watched the video once and had some trouble making out some of the blurry numbers.
Good work! I reckon Hannan kicked at least 1 though. I originally thought 2 but the right foot snap at city end might have been Melksham.

Good work! I reckon Hannan kicked at least 1 though. I originally thought 2 but the right foot snap at city end might have been Melksham.
You weren't supposed to actually critique my work, and after a second and third viewing (this time on YouTube with 1080hp), I'm now more confident that the tally and score is no longer stuffed up, which means the Match Review is stuffed up.

Melbourne Red: 10 (Jake Melksham 4, Bayley Fritsch 2, Jayden Hunt 1, Kysaiah Pickett 1, Mitch Hannan 1, Harley Bennell 1)

P.S. Will also change original post.

Melbourne took an early lead with Melksham the biggest contributer for Melbourne in the first quarter and a bit. Melbourne then started clawing at the 5-2 margin Melbourne had to be tied 8 apiece at 3-quarter time. Melksham's 6th goal ensured a Melbourne win.

Anyone else read this in AFL Live 2004 Dennis Cometti voice, placing heavy emphasis on “Melbourne” all the way through?

I watched the goals video - you know who seemed to feature a lot? Hunt!
You know who still looks bad - May / TMAC
I still think Jackson can be a gun but not with us

Someone said on another thread we traded King for May, it really didnt happen like that did it? That King bloke looked awesome yesterday

Remove this Banner Ad

Back