Remove this Banner Ad

Lsta062

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 15, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea, LA Lakers, Western United
All of Melbourne's 31 local government areas have been declared COVID-19 hotspots for Queenslanders, meaning anyone who travels to the city must self-quarantine for 14 days on their return to Queensland.

On Sunday morning Queensland Chief Health Officer Jeannette Young updated the list of hotspots, adding all of Melbourne's local government areas and another five council areas bordering that city.

So what does this mean for our Round 5 Queensland game against West Coast? We don’t have 14 days left to self-isolate before playing them, so it would be interesting to see what happens. Does this game get moved to Melbourne or do we both travel to play in Sydney instead? Doubt that West Coast would be happy playing a home game against us in Melbourne tbh.

So what does this mean for our Round 5 Queensland game against West Coast? We don’t have 14 days left to self-isolate before playing them, so it would be interesting to see what happens. Does this game get moved to Melbourne or do we both travel to play in Sydney instead? Doubt that West Coast would be happy playing a home game against us in Melbourne tbh.

West Coast don't run the comp. A home game in Melbourne against us would cause a salt tsunami.
So do it. :p

Aug 25, 2007
Geelong
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond VFL

AFL clubs have an exemption with the QLD government.

Tony Stark

Club Legend
Oct 12, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
The whole competition this season is compromised especially with view of the Bombers saga. Some full strength teams potentially facing other badly weakened teams while others play them at full strength.

A premiership this year will have the perennial asterix along side it so I am certainly not worried too much about the rest of the season, just treating as an enjoyable distraction at this point.

Let's hope as a population we come through the other side of this thing as healthy as possible.

Aug 25, 2007
Geelong
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond VFL
Article on Herald Sun website....

The Queensland government will monitor Victoria’s spike in COVID-19 before allowing Richmond to board a plane bound for Gold Coast on July 2.

“In accordance with the agreed AFL Return to Play Protocol, exemptions have been granted for travel into Queensland which includes further strategies to minimise exposure and transmission of COVID19, in addition to those currently being placed on Queenslanders,” a Queensland Health spokesperson told the Herald Sun today.

While the AFL continues to follow the agreed protocol it is expected the current exemption will continue to remain in place.

Jan 3, 2012
From the interview room
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea FC, Victory, All Blecks,
Article on Herald Sun website....

The Queensland government will monitor Victoria’s spike in COVID-19 before allowing Richmond to board a plane bound for Gold Coast on July 2.

“In accordance with the agreed AFL Return to Play Protocol, exemptions have been granted for travel into Queensland which includes further strategies to minimise exposure and transmission of COVID19, in addition to those currently being placed on Queenslanders,” a Queensland Health spokesperson told the Herald Sun today.

While the AFL continues to follow the agreed protocol it is expected the current exemption will continue to remain in place.

anastasia changes her mind more than she changes her undies, if there is any risk she will can it

Sep 13, 2015
Hillary Step
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
76ers

Surely since the rest of the fixture is still up in the air they can change it to our home game if they want to play it at the G.
If I was West Coast I'd be much happier with that than the fixture scenario anyway.

Waca Jr

Premiership Player
Mar 6, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
If Qld have shut the borders or will shut the borders i can't see how we can travel up there. I'll be honest I have lost interest now. Stop. Start, Stop, Start.

Now if people who had shown symptoms had just stayed home instead of gone to visit families, gone to the BLM protests we wouldn’t be having this conversation. Also....follow the bloody afl restrictions AFL players! You morons!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Damo80

Premiership Player
Jul 11, 2011
Latrobe Valley
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Brisbane Lions
Moving the game to Melbourne might solve the issue for us, but not for the Eagles if they were returning to a QLD hub. Perhaps they'd have to look at remaining in Victoria after the game... or returning somewhere other than QLD. Somewhere that wouldn't require them to self isolate for 14 days.

To be honest, it's looking incredibly shaky now for a season happening. If it gets to the point that they're going to have to squeeze a 12 game season into 8 weeks over spring / into summer, I think even the most avid AFL fan would be at the point where they'd say "just don't bother...".

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Lsta062

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 15, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea, LA Lakers, Western United
If Qld have shut the borders or will shut the borders i can't see how we can travel up there. I'll be honest I have lost interest now. Stop. Start, Stop, Start.
Honestly, I’m starting to think that I actually don’t want footy to go ahead at all costs during COVID-19. I’m really not entertained by the whole dynamics of this season (shorter games, no crowds, hubs, no state leagues to watch depth/young players’ forms). It’s a shell of the game that we like to watch at the moment.

Jan 3, 2012
From the interview room
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea FC, Victory, All Blecks,
Looks like we will be going with the full AFLX set up from a locked down basketball court on Xmas Island. Full round robin. Five minute games. All over and done with in one day.

Go Rampage, or Minotaurs or Unicorns or whatever...somebody wake me up when it's over.
Lightening premierships like in primary school

anastasia changes her mind more than she changes her undies, if there is any risk she will can it

Yeah but growing up in Inala, that wasnt very often - a rinse under the tap, hang them out the casement windows for the morning - all good!
Old habits die hard mate!

Feb 25, 2007
FNQ
AFL Club
Richmond
Yeah but growing up in Inala, that wasnt very often - a rinse under the tap, hang them out the casement windows for the morning - all good!
Old habits die hard mate!

LOL...poor Inala.

I'm not a fan, I think she's a half-wit, but we'll have to give a bit of credit where it's due if we're allowed our first decent crowd for the season at Metricon.

And we'll have to rub it in to the Vics a little...spoiled as they are with the G on their doorsteps every other year. ;)

Feb 25, 2007
FNQ
AFL Club
Richmond
10,000 allowed into the ground. Richmond vs a Perth team. Should be able to get a ticket.

Yeah, thinking the same mate. Be great to hear some real crowd noise again live or on TV.

Was considering putting it out there to offer a few Vics a megaphone/mobile hookup, but given the opposition it might be tough to find a handful who won't scream at Soldo. ;)

Moving the game to Melbourne might solve the issue for us, but not for the Eagles if they were returning to a QLD hub. Perhaps they'd have to look at remaining in Victoria after the game... or returning somewhere other than QLD. Somewhere that wouldn't require them to self isolate for 14 days.

To be honest, it's looking incredibly shaky now for a season happening. If it gets to the point that they're going to have to squeeze a 12 game season into 8 weeks over spring / into summer, I think even the most avid AFL fan would be at the point where they'd say "just don't bother...".

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

wrong direction

before the weekend the WA clubs were already saying that they are sick of the hub and will not be playing any additional games there.

now that wa is on the verge of declaring stage 4, and saying optus can host 60k, there is a push to move games to wa with vic clubs forced to be in a hub there

wrong direction

before the weekend the WA clubs were already saying that they are sick of the hub and will not be playing any additional games there.

now that wa is on the verge of declaring stage 4, and saying optus can host 60k, there is a push to move games to wa with vic clubs forced to be in a hub there

Hate to say it, but it kinda makes sense.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back