Certified Legendary Thread Sympathy for *essendon II - over 6500 days since EFC won a final / AC signs w NM, EFC implode / RIP D2D and T_S

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if they'll find Dean Wallis' spreadheets in the cleanup.
The AFL will ensure that will never happen.

They never recovered the deleted files from backups during the original investigations (as far as we know) so the c0ver up was well executed. I’m guessing that the weeks taken while doing the “forensic” investigation was well spent.

This bloke has been homesick since last year and I understand the pull of family’s strong but jumping on a plane and going back home again in March was just soft and stupid. You had your trip but you also have a contract here. Which one is it?
Stay here, do the work and minimize the risk of getting infected since most of the cases are return travellers.
Really unlikable player from an opposition point of view.

Watch them use their 'power' to say the rules don't apply to them....they'll threaten legal action, work the corridors of politics, offer all sorts of reasons why they can still pick their best 22/23....then fall into line.

All they need to do is remind the AFL that James Albert Hird won three Anzac Day medals.

My understanding is that this is sufficient to ensure the rules don't apply to them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like * may have to rely on their fringe spuds and top ups to get through yet another season. It's as if they're cursed. LOL.

'The rules are pretty clear': Dons could play with bare minimum - https://www.afl.com.au/news/455889
#1 pick in the draft as reward. Woosha has already checked out, and Hardy looking to be in the box seat to return from the dead.

The best thing you can say about Ariel is that he wasn't as bad as Elliot Kavanagh. Oh, and Ariel's dad probably isn't a mega-dickhead.
Wasn't Ariel's mum the one who 'anonymously' called Eddie Maguire's show on Triple M and dropped a bucket of sh*t on * for their treatment of her son?

Goose;

McKenna was reported to have attended an open house viewing along with visiting friends and family despite strict AFL guidelines being in place.

The Herald Sun’s Jon Ralph said on Fox Footy the dashing defender had admitted to the breaches which could see him suspended for the foreseeable future.

“Conor McKenna could be suspended for the foreseeable future for sparking the COVID breach that has of course plunged the AFL season into peril again,” Ralph told Fox Footy’s Sunday Ticket.

“Essendon and the AFL and the health department are currently working as we speak to see how many players will be quarantined alongside him.

“The details of his breach have been revealed, he has confirmed that he did attend an open house viewing, his lease was up for his house so he looked at another house. Then he effectively went to visit family and friends, the host parents who effectively bordered him when he came across from Ireland.

“He did that despite the explicit warnings that this was a COVID breach, despite the explicit warnings that Essendon had handed their players after Brandon Zerk-Thatcher was suspended for a COVID breach last week.”

Goose;

McKenna was reported to have attended an open house viewing along with visiting friends and family despite strict AFL guidelines being in place.

The Herald Sun’s Jon Ralph said on Fox Footy the dashing defender had admitted to the breaches which could see him suspended for the foreseeable future.

“Conor McKenna could be suspended for the foreseeable future for sparking the COVID breach that has of course plunged the AFL season into peril again,” Ralph told Fox Footy’s Sunday Ticket.

“Essendon and the AFL and the health department are currently working as we speak to see how many players will be quarantined alongside him.

“The details of his breach have been revealed, he has confirmed that he did attend an open house viewing, his lease was up for his house so he looked at another house. Then he effectively went to visit family and friends, the host parents who effectively bordered him when he came across from Ireland.

“He did that despite the explicit warnings that this was a COVID breach, despite the explicit warnings that Essendon had handed their players after Brandon Zerk-Thatcher was suspended for a COVID breach last week.”
I don't blame McKenna - he would have been told ....you play for Essendon - these rules don't apply to you ....until of course they do!

I don't blame McKenna - he would have been told ....you play for Essendon - these rules don't apply to you ....until of course they do!
How do they spell "culture" out there in the shadows of the Tullamarine airport hangar?

I heard Connor would go to the airport after each training session and welcome all the overseas travelers back into the country with a kiss hello and a pat on the backside. Wonderful human being. I can’t believe the people around here.
Maybe you are OK with his actions (presuming I’ve read your message correctly). His apparent breech of the strict conditions applied for AFL players that allow them to have resumed their competition and earn their salaries came after another member of his team was sanctioned for breaking the rules, and from a club that has been on notice for having poor form in complying to the rules of the competition for years (maybe for the majority of its existence).

I can relate to those who are affronted by the actions of this apparent fool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back