The "fix" ture - will North cop the double barrel?

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
Nothing surer than us and St Kilda being shipped off there

The only way I can envisage it being a city hall loved Vic club would something like:

Jay Clark: Collingwood and Richmond acting as AFL leaders and will join the WA clubs in a localised WA hub. Deal brokered late last night, involves both clubs basing themselves in WA for a portion of the 2020 season in exchange for both only playing games in Vic (excl Geelong) or NSW until 2030. Fantastic selfless gesture by these traditional power clubs and has helped ensure a full season for all supporters.

bengrina

Club Legend
Aug 29, 2012
West Baltimore
AFL Club
North Melbourne
When does the updated fixture come through? Would we not be better off playing in perth sooner rather than later in the year when they are perhaps allowed fans back into the stadium. We all know what crowd bias does over there (insert 2015 pre lim final) :mad:

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Given that even NSW is looking at closing their boarders to VIC at the moment, I think interstate hubs for all Victorian clubs might be a reality soon.

A Tasmanian hub could be on the cards.......

In hindsight it was probably stupid of them to fixture Hawthorn against us in this opening block in Melbourne.

We could of gone into a Tas hub with them and 2 x more teams playing between Hobart and Launnie. Could even afford to have 6 teams in there given the 2 x AFL grounds and the geographical separation.

Basing ourselves at the state cricket academy at UTAS in Hobart is probably the smart play in any event.

Last edited:

Hojuman

조수미 사랑해요
May 20, 2012
Seoul
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Given that even NSW is looking at closing their boarders to VIC at the moment, I think interstate hubs for all Victorian clubs might be a reality soon.

A Tasmanian hub could be on the cards.......

In hindsight it was probably stupid of them to fixture Hawthorn against us in this opening block in Melbourne.

We could of gone into a Tas hub with them and 2 x more teams.

Agreed. Tasmania deserves it.
North
G.C.
Lions
Dees
Blews

Aug 16, 2009
North Caulfield
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The only way I can envisage it being a city hall loved Vic club would something like:

Jay Clark: Collingwood and Richmond acting as AFL leaders and will join the WA clubs in a localised WA hub. Deal brokered late last night, involves both clubs basing themselves in WA for a portion of the 2020 season in exchange for both only playing games in Vic (excl Geelong) or NSW until 2030. Fantastic selfless gesture by these traditional power clubs and has helped ensure a full season for all supporters.
If only we could believe these 2 clubs hadn't "offered" this type of deal already.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oct 9, 2003
Singapore / 30,000 feet
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Eagles (NFL), Suns (NBA)
Where is Tassie in this?

Surely if we play games there, then that reduces our chances of being sent elsewhere?
"Geelong, Collingwood, St Kilda, Western Bulldogs and Carlton are being considered for a Perth hub, with North Melbourne and Hawthorn believed to negotiating how to service their commercial deals to play matches in Tasmania"

Mar 23, 2001
Forever Death riding *
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wildcats/Pacers/Chelsea/Scorchers
Can't be *, they've already played Freo in rd 1.

Gossage isn't the most reliable reporter.
We also play hawks this week....so doesn't make much sense
I think you'll find fellas that Tim Sausage's dart board told him those teams, so based on that brilliant Intel, I'll back him in..

received_733708080707813.jpeg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back