Certified Legendary Thread Sympathy for *essendon II - over 6500 days since EFC won a final / AC signs w NM, EFC implode / RIP D2D and T_S

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Triggso

Foremost authority and leading expert
Sep 26, 2013
Club cafe
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I get and share the ā€œF *ā€ sentiment, but in this case, take into account we have Melbourneā€˜s Rd 1 draft pick.

We can be losers out of this if the GoDees win by 2 points and gain 5 positions on the ladder against a hamstrung *.

SonofSamsquanch

Enjoy decent coffee but don't dunk yer biscuits
Mar 31, 2016
Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Have they turned on the wee boy McKenna yet.

Imagine being home sick, jumping on a plane back to Ireland cause you donā€™t want to play for *, coming back cause you have a contract, booting off once again when lockdown was announced cause youā€™d rather be in Ireland than here with your * teammates - and then to top it all off a you get Coronavirus and possibly rule your teams whole backline out before they take on Carlton.
Not to mention halting the momentum of * undefeated start to 2020.

No wonder their supporters are in pain lol
Several news reports claimed he participated in full contact training on Saturday morning. Some say the positive test occurred on Friday. * say there was a weight training session but they are not certain who was there and they expect to work out by today if any of their team were within breathing distance of McGregor. They also postulate that the test may have been a false positive. That position from *is unconvincing.

Mar 17, 2012
Caught in the web.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I get and share the ā€œF *ā€ sentiment, but in this case, take into account we have Melbourneā€˜s Rd 1 draft pick.

We can be losers out of this if the GoDees win by 2 points and gain 5 positions on the ladder against a hamstrung *.

This * up is good news on 2 fronts.

We've got the Dees 1st pick and *'s 2 pick.

The Dees won't take on a depleted *, it will be rescheduled later in the year.

* will now have to play 1, maybe 2 games without half a dozen players and the Dees will have to play 3 games in a week at some stage.

bengrina

Club Legend
Aug 29, 2012
West Baltimore
AFL Club
North Melbourne
This fu** up is good news on 2 fronts.

* will now have to play 1, maybe 2 games without half a dozen players and the Dees will have to play 3 games in a week at some stage.

Yeah this is fantastic. Would be perfect if carlton beat the * with a depleted line up and end up finishing above the dees because of it. The * vs dees game will be played later in the year.

Several news reports claimed he participated in full contact training on Saturday morning. Some say the positive test occurred on Friday. * say there was a weight training session but they are not certain who was there and they expect to work out by today if any of their team were within breathing distance of McGregor. They also postulate that the test may have been a false positive. That position from *is unconvincing.

There was a test but we don't know when it was, and we don't know if the test is legitimate, and we don't know who was at the training session and if we do know who was there, we don't know who was close enough to McKenna to get the virus, but we don't even believe he has the virus because we don't know if the test that we can't get a date on is actually correct

SonofSamsquanch

Mar 31, 2016
Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne
There was a test but we don't know when it was, and we don't know if the test is legitimate, and we don't know who was at the training session and if we do know who was there, we don't know who was close enough to McKenna to get the virus, but we don't even believe he has the virus because we don't know if the test that we can't get a date on is actually correct
I said ā€œunconvincingā€ but I really meant, ā€œcome on you lying campaigners, your bullshit is a ******* disgrace. Own it and take the consequences, and control your squad or * off!ā€

El Triggso

Foremost authority and leading expert
Sep 26, 2013
Club cafe
AFL Club
North Melbourne
This fu** up is good news on 2 fronts.

If it works out like that... šŸ‘

WayneShimmiesTheBush

Team Captain
Oct 17, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I think its a little unfair that they single out some * players to be quarantined, what they should be doing is quarantining the whole squad. in fact if the AFL ever wanted to do the right thing by the AFL community, they should just banish this disgraceful, filthy, shameful and shambolic club altogether.

If you're reading this Gil, I have spoken to a good friend of mine and he said he has a spare Phantom Zone he can lend the AFL. Give me a call and I will give you his number. Lets do this as we all know the world needs a good news story.

1592875332995.png

SonofSamsquanch

Mar 31, 2016
Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne
How fortunate that the only player to come in close enough contact with McKenna is one who is not currently in their best 22.

PS. I hope this bloke at least gets a contract extension for carrying the can for more prominent teammates.
It is simply amazing isnā€™t it. I wonder if Saturday's training video has been handed over to olā€™ mate Dean Wallace for safe keeping?

We have their second round pick as well. So if the Dee's win by two points but gain no real ladder advantage by seasons end then it benefits us.

big_e

Existential crisis management consultant
Apr 28, 2008
Back Pocket
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wycombe Wanderers
How fortunate that the only player to come in close enough contact with McKenna is one who is not currently in their best 22.

PS. I hope this bloke at least gets a contract extension for carrying the can for more prominent teammates.
It had to be James Stewart. He knew too much.

stewart.JPG

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club

kaboom kid

From the River to the Sea, Israel will be free.
Apr 28, 2016
Destination club
AFL Club
North Melbourne
If it comes back positive when he re-tests tomorrow, I might actually start believing that there is a God.
How's that training vid? Spits several times, blows snot out of both nostrils , licks his hands, touches his mouth to blow a mock kiss, hugs other players. I'm no epidemiologist but I hardly think those actions are great from a disease transmission perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back