2020 The Dead Rubber Premiership

Remove this Banner Ad

What’s to discuss. If we add cup no.10 this year I won’t give a s**t how it came about.

Nor would anyone else if their club collected flag no.___ I dare say

It's going to be a hell of premiership won. Unique but is absolutely full of merit. A different kind of challenge but the ones who transition the best still deserve a heap of praise.

I see it as a really good Premiership because there is a lot of adaptation required. The team who wins would've gone through more adversity than your normal Premier, which is a team full of players that rest at home with their family and largely get to train as they please. The Premier this year would have a lot of resolve in my opinion.

Shocked to see a West Coast supporter whinging again

Get the feeling this may be one of the best premierships ever. May not need to be a talented team but need to show mental strength more than anything

Everybody plays each other once right? If you don't take your chance to win against the other sides that's on you. Good interstate sides have to travel more than Victorian sides do in a normal season and because they're good they win away and if they're the best they win the big dance at the MCG - another away game. Circumstances are unusual and not ideal, sure, but this Premiership is as legitimate as any other. Just without as much crowd involvement, sadly.

Hehe, if west coast start winning and get momentum when their back in WA for a month or so these threads will be very lol, even more so than now.

In the history books it still shows a premiership, I mean if Fitzroy can have a 1916 flag with only 4 sides in the comp, surely this one can count.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hehe, if west coast start winning and get momentum when their back in WA for a month or so these threads will be very lol, even more so than now.

In the history books it still shows a premiership, I mean if Fitzroy can have a 1916 flag with only 4 sides in the comp, surely this one can count.
yep, I have no problem calling it legitimate premiership even if all the Victorian clubs are excluded from competing.

Mods can we get a separate forum for WC melts? We can even call it #VICBIAS for their benefit and they can go for it. 5+ new threads a day clogging up the main board at the moment...
Aaah i remember the good old days of vics melting over cola

5 threads a day was a very slow day....

Last year west coast fans were complaining that we had a run of MCG games to finish the season, after having a bunch of away games in the first half with injuries etc.

They can potentially have the same set up this year, should be a nice red carpet to the flag, no?

I actually think this is the toughest premiership to win. You have to keep going with so much uncertainty and flexibility. It requires mental strength.

It's only June and everything has already been difficult for the whole world. Can you imagine having to keep going with so much twists and turns every week until October? Possibly longer if there are more disruptions. The fact that people want this season over and done with only 3 rounds in shows the mental resolve this season requires.

The winner will no doubt cherish that premiership .

This premiership will require a bit of luck.

Circumstances have changed and will need to suit the winner for them to be victorious.

2021 will be a new season again.

In 2020 anything is possible.

2020/2021 premiership back to back would be very hard but not as hard as RFC winning 2019/2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Back