barnrokn

Club Legend
Aug 1, 2017
Straightouttanthmelb
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Melbourne
Was def a dodgy looking handball, but what stands out the most in that passage is 3-4 of our blokes go to Papley, while leaving 2-3 swans on the outside. Pretty dumb footy from us and encapsulated our arvo pretty much.
We've been getting sucked into the contest 4 years
Gotta clamp down on the sheepdogs

Colbys Boots

Premium Gold
Oct 3, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
We've been getting sucked into the contest 4 years
Gotta clamp down on the sheepdogs

I can almost pinpoint the last time we weren't sucked into the contest. It was 2007, down in Launceston, Laids was coaching, and I had the great good fortune of being invited into the rooms pregame to hear Laids' final address to the players. At that time, Hawthorn was emerging as a contender, and a lot of it came down to Sam Mitchell's ability to draw a crowd around the ball and win the clearance and dish off to seagulls like Jordan Lewis who would be hovering out the back. Laids instructed Simmo and Brady Rawlings to turn their back on the contest and wait for Mitchell to feed the ball out, then nail the seagull and force a turnover. The plan worked beautifully and we knocked them over by 6 goals that day.

So yeah, 13 years of being sucked into the contest.

Hojuman

조수미 사랑해요
May 20, 2012
Seoul
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I can almost pinpoint the last time we weren't sucked into the contest. It was 2007, down in Launceston, Laids was coaching, and I had the great good fortune of being invited into the rooms pregame to hear Laids' final address to the players. At that time, Hawthorn was emerging as a contender, and a lot of it came down to Sam Mitchell's ability to draw a crowd around the ball and win the clearance and dish off to seagulls like Jordan Lewis who would be hovering out the back. Laids instructed Simmo and Brady Rawlings to turn their back on the contest and wait for Mitchell to feed the ball out, then nail the seagull and force a turnover. The plan worked beautifully and we knocked them over by 6 goals that day.

So yeah, 13 years of being sucked into the contest.

Jones kick 7 that day ?

Mar 23, 2001
Forever Death riding *
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wildcats/Pacers/Chelsea/Scorchers
I’m hoping more along the lines of ‘we’ll crush them like last season’

Each to their own though.
After all these years you still don’t know how to Bigfooty after a loss do you mate?..

Colbys Boots

Premium Gold
Oct 3, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Jones kick 7 that day ?

Yes he did have a big day out. I just checked the stats and discovered that Sam Mitchell didn't actually play so my memory of that was a little bit off. Lewis and Hodge got a lot of the ball but they were under pressure every time. I remember Hawthorn was forced out wide, we clogged the corridor and invited them to hug the boundary. They kicked out on the full a lot that day.

GarnerSmash

They tried to make me go to rehab
10k Posts Ex-Moderator North Melbourne - 2015 Daw & MacMillan Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor
Jun 2, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back