Traded Stefan Martin

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Stef Martin

I think Martin has dreams that he can kick and I rarely see him hit a target, not the only one mind you.
He's going through the Paul Johnson phase where he thinks he can do anything so he's trying a bit too hard atm. In this case though Stef can actually play tall so he belongs out there unlike PJ. Give him a chance to work on his kicking and he'll be a great asset to the team in due course.

his disposal effiency is around 68% which better than some so called midfielders on our team .. :thumbsu:

Stefan Martin 2011 Review:
Todd Viney said:
Stef was one of the real finds for us this year. He developed really nicely as a second ruckman, when Mark Jamar went down with injury. He stood up and was fantastic for us. Overall, he developed enormously this year. But he’s still got a lot of improvement and needs to keep working on his kicking, contested marking and work in the forward line. If he can keep improving like he did this year, he will be really exciting.
http://www.melbournefc.com.au/tabid/7415/default.aspx?newsid=125760

Article: Attack looms for Martin

On himself:

At this stage, it looks as though I’m going to be playing as a forward for the majority of the game. And then I’ll be playing ruck for a smaller percentage of the game.

On the group:

The whole playing list has generally dropped a little bit of weight. That’s been due to a little bit of change of diet and a larger volume of running.

The goal is to maintain our strength or increase it. I don’t feel any less strong than I did last year, but I’m a bit lighter, so hopefully that works out.

MFC Website: Martin gains momentum

ETIHAD Stadium might be a bogey ground for Melbourne, but one Demon - big man Stef Martin - says he enjoys playing at the venue, primarily due to his basketball background.

Martin, an elite junior basketballer before joining the Demons, said the ground lends itself to players who have played both sports.

“I like the ground. It’s a bit smaller and it’s indoors and the conditions don’t affect games too much, which I like, personally,” he told melbournefc.com.au...

I was impressed by Stefan yesterday, he was in our bests IMO. Gave a real crack, unlike the 'tough' Clark.

I disliked my own posts under a previous username too. My 11 years later likes and dislikes are fair and balanced.
What motivated you to visit this thread? What was the previous account name?

I just like randomly reacting to old posts and threads from time to time. We do it a lot on the NFL board, good for a chuckle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm pretty sure it was RudeErection, and he disliked his own post in this thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back