Preview Round 4: Essendon vs Carlton, MCG, Saturday 27/06/2020 @ 7:40 PM (As it stands)

Winner winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vander18

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 22, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
No one concerned with a lack of anti Cripps options?
I guess The thinking is that Stringer will be the big body at centre bounces and they back him to be very competitive in that role.

Im sure he will be but I’d still like to see Clarke or Ambrose in.

Apart from Cripps the Blues don’t have much size at the stoppages either maybe even less, for some reason they like playing Setterfield on the wing
Yes, but Cripps will destroy our midfield.

Hooker - Casboult
Hurley - McGovern
Francis - Silvagni
Ridley - Martin
Saad - Betts
Redman - Cuningham

Weitering - McKernan
Jones - Stringer
Plowman - Townsend
Docherty - Fantasia
SPS - Walla
Simpson -Snelling

If we can break even in the middle we'll win comfortably I reckon.

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Hooker - Casboult
Hurley - McGovern
Francis - Silvagni
Ridley - Martin
Saad - Betts
Redman - Cuningham

Weitering - McKernan
Jones - Stringer
Plowman - Townsend
Docherty - Fantasia
SPS - Walla
Simpson -Snelling

Bellcho needs to pull his finger out, if cripps gets silver service off pittonet we’ll be chasing tail all day.

Last edited:

ghostdog

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 18, 2008
gondawanaland
AFL Club
Essendon
3 2 days to go!
1593089723105.png
1593089758520.png

1593089827557.png
1593089847206.png

1593089868038.png
1593089884756.png
1593090139966.png

1593090332503.png
1593090699720.png
1593090855301.png

1593091093655.png
1593091260542.png
1593091282093.png

Ambrosia

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 11, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
Hooker - Casboult
Hurley - McGovern
Francis - Silvagni
Ridley - Martin
Saad - Betts
Redman - Cuningham

Weitering - McKernan
Jones - Stringer
Plowman - Townsend
Docherty - Fantasia
SPS - Walla
Simpson -Snelling

Wouldn’t mind a forward tag on the Docherty from Townsend and think McGovern’s spring will worry Hurley so would prefer Francis or even Ridley on him.

Looks to be a great contest. Amalgamating with Norf would actually increase the rivalry..I like it
It would lessen it if anything. Norf are just another club to us, whereas we hate you with the passion of 1000 suns, and vice-versa
Bellcho needs to pull his finger out, if cripps gets silver service off pittonet we’ll be chasing tail all day.
Pittonet isn't exactly the one to put it on a silver platter though, he's more your crash and bash, Mumford style ruck. We need Draper to be match ready quick smart though.

Wouldn’t mind a forward tag on the Docherty from Townsend and think McGovern’s spring will worry Hurley so would prefer Francis or even Ridley on him.
Hurley's done the job on Gov before so I reckon he'll do it again.

Ideally we'd get Stringer on Plowman somehow. Plowman is pretty poor 1-on-1. Unfortunately both my footy and cricket clubs have a lot of Carlton supporters and they all disparage him unless he's playing as an unaccountable loose, and having watched him more closely this year after hearing that, they're spot on.

Feb 8, 2012
Publican Baghdad Ritz
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
It would lessen it if anything. Norf are just another club to us, whereas we hate you with the passion of 1000 suns, and vice-versa

Pittonet isn't exactly the one to put it on a silver platter though, he's more your crash and bash, Mumford style ruck. We need Draper to be match ready quick smart though.
Good Luck!

bombreys

Club Legend
May 8, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
I’d be interested to see if any other side has played less young guys/draft picks than us in the past 5 years - I’d suggest not. Zaka still playing at AFL level is laughable

Bombers36

Premiership Player
Jul 15, 2008
Keilor East
AFL Club
Essendon
I'm really curious to see what role Cutler plays against the Blues - I'd like to think he's given a tagging role on Cripps.
At 192cm and 92kg he really is the only true mid who can match man child Cripps (195cm and 92kg) for size, Jake Stringer is the other option who is a decent match for size (192cm, 95kg) so I'd like to see him rotate through half forward and mid field.
The other thing me and many others on here would like to see is Hooker froward. With the reliable Marty Gleeson back in the team I think theres a good chance we see Hooker forward a bit for this match. All in all its a solid team, and once the game settles I hope we see we see a line up like;-

Gleeson Hurley Francis
Redman Ridley Saad
McGrath Smith Merrett
Stringer Langford Tippa
McKernan Hooker Townsend

Bellcho Cutler Shiel

Bench: Parish Fanta Snelling Zakka

ghostdog

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 18, 2008
gondawanaland
AFL Club
Essendon
I'm really curious to see what role Cutler plays against the Blues - I'd like to think he's given a tagging role on Cripps.
At 192cm and 92kg he really is the only true mid who can match man child Cripps (195cm and 92kg) for size, Jake Stringer is the other option who is a decent match for size (192cm, 95kg) so I'd like to see him rotate through half forward and mid field.
The other thing me and many others on here would like to see is Hooker froward. With the reliable Marty Gleeson back in the team I think theres a good chance we see Hooker forward a bit for this match. All in all its a solid team, and once the game settles I hope we see we see a line up like;-

Gleeson Hurley Francis
Redman Ridley Saad
McGrath Smith Merrett
Stringer Langford Tippa
McKernan Hooker Townsend

Bellcho Cutler Shiel

Bench: Parish Fanta Snelling Zakka
I don't think Cutler will play on-ball. Clarke's only 187 and 87 and he stopped Cripps ( despite what the Carlton revisionists think). As long as the player who's given the role of tracking Cripps is an impediment to him taking possession, we break even. We probably back our mids to beat theirs if Cripps is out of the contest.

I’d be interested to see if any other side has played less young guys/draft picks than us in the past 5 years - I’d suggest not. Zaka still playing at AFL level is laughable
I think Adelaide would have us covered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back