Preview Changes/Preview for Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Yet if it wasn’t for our spine being decimated last year we would have played finals.

Blame our recruiting staff & list managers for this list.
The list is good enough it we could get them on the park. Consistently having 10 players unavailable injured every week and another 3 or 4 carrying persistent niggles? It’s just not acceptable.

Tobe Watson looked good in the pre season. Not sure if he’s fit or not.
Got to remember JLO is desperate to bank a win. No first season coach wants the Owen word being thrown around as it will at the weekend if we don’t win. He’s not to to blood more than one debutant in a game if we haven’t won yet. In saying that, Tobe was selected as a 20 y/o in 2018 and so should be making an impact at this point...

Too much condemnation for Colyer. Of course he should be depth and not best 22, but he's not been the worst the past two weeks since we arrived in the hub. Schultz and Matera have both been worse IMO. As someone posted earlier, too much angst about the bottom six each week when the problems have been higher up the pecking order

Yet if it wasn’t for our spine being decimated last year we would have played finals.

Blame our recruiting staff & list managers for this list.
I 100% do. Didn’t want to make finals last season and given a false hope, with the shambles of the list we have.
Ross would’ve justified bringing in short term gaps and try to push for top 4, which would’ve been so unrealistic it’s not funny.
Jlo deserves 3 years at least to redo the list, blood some youth and bring in his exceptional IQ which he was assistant coach of West Coast in a GF as well as Collingwood. Perfect for the list we have.
Bewley, Crowden, Schulz, Colyer, Gero is absolute overkill. It’s an impasse. Add in Banfield, Blakely, (he’s in dire straits), Duman, and suddenly it’s around 10 players that’s not AFL quality. They’re state level, and can do things there but Ross’ idealism of trying to turn a state level gem was tiring. Barlow wasn’t his find, Spurr probably around his time. Stuff hard effort, it’s clear without hard effort for these guys, there’s limited talent.

I think it's pretty funny that a lot of you on here seem to think you know more about the club and it's players than the professionals who run the clubs. It's cool to be a fan and talk about ideas, but along the way you've seemed to forget that these are real people you're talking garbage about.

If you think you can judge the potential of younger players in particular based on the current situation then you're kidding yourselves. Ignoring the fact that they are all infinitely more talented and know a lot more about football than you ever will, they are also young men dealing with an unprecedented situation and even our best players have being playing poorly as a result. How you think that gives you a clear indication of which players are worth persisting with is mind-blowing, especially because you aren't privy to 99% of the additional information that coaching and selection staff have access to at the best of times.

Now that you've decided on your whipping boys (which is appalling from fans), it's clear that nothing these particular players could ever do would be enough for you because you choose to view their games in a negative light and ignore all of the good things they do. Obviously your view is not shared by the people who matter and likely for good reason, especially because you will never know the potential they see in a player or the role they need them to play.

A bit of humility would go a long way, you'll never be informed enough to be able to have a real opinion. It's fine to have fun and speculate, but the way that some of you speak about real people from a team you claim to support is disgusting. Have a think about whether you'd be okay with a player's family member reading your post and then re-evaluate.
Well said mate, I don't hate any of the players on the team, I personally don't think guys like Colyer (who's been ok the last couple of weeks) are up to AFL standard, but I will always be happy to be proven wrong. I personally just don't see it in him.

I think it's pretty funny that a lot of you on here seem to think you know more about the club and it's players than the professionals who run the clubs. It's cool to be a fan and talk about ideas, but along the way you've seemed to forget that these are real people you're talking garbage about.

If you think you can judge the potential of younger players in particular based on the current situation then you're kidding yourselves. Ignoring the fact that they are all infinitely more talented and know a lot more about football than you ever will, they are also young men dealing with an unprecedented situation and even our best players have being playing poorly as a result. How you think that gives you a clear indication of which players are worth persisting with is mind-blowing, especially because you aren't privy to 99% of the additional information that coaching and selection staff have access to at the best of times.

Now that you've decided on your whipping boys (which is appalling from fans), it's clear that nothing these particular players could ever do would be enough for you because you choose to view their games in a negative light and ignore all of the good things they do. Obviously your view is not shared by the people who matter and likely for good reason, especially because you will never know the potential they see in a player or the role they need them to play.

A bit of humility would go a long way, you'll never be informed enough to be able to have a real opinion. It's fine to have fun and speculate, but the way that some of you speak about real people from a team you claim to support is disgusting. Have a think about whether you'd be okay with a player's family member reading your post and then re-evaluate.

It's a bunch of people expressing opinions on a discussion board, chill out mate.

The club's 25 year history of mediocrity would suggest that their have been plenty of decisions that deserve criticism. Our coaches, players, admin, support staff have collectively delivered only a handful of decent years surrounded by utter crap. The aim of the competition is to win a flag and we've failed miserably. But sure let's all sing Kumbaya by the camp fire.

Players are paid a lot of money for results, unfortunately that comes with pressure and knowing people are going to be critical about how you perform. If it was just for fun they would be playing in the local leagues. Do you know any professional sport in the world that is different to this?

The club knows this and educates the players and player's families about how to deal with this. Also I don't think anyone has said anything that outrageous.

It's a bunch of people expressing opinions on a discussion board, chill out mate.
True, but it’s a PUBLIC discussion board which means the players, their parents and friends can all read it. Sometimes this is forgotten. It’s not the same as standing around a bar having a chat with your mates.

I 100% do. Didn’t want to make finals last season and given a false hope, with the shambles of the list we have.
Ross would’ve justified bringing in short term gaps and try to push for top 4, which would’ve been so unrealistic it’s not funny.
Jlo deserves 3 years at least to redo the list, blood some youth and bring in his exceptional IQ which he was assistant coach of West Coast in a GF as well as Collingwood. Perfect for the list we have.
Bewley, Crowden, Schulz, Colyer, Gero is absolute overkill. It’s an impasse. Add in Banfield, Blakely, (he’s in dire straits), Duman, and suddenly it’s around 10 players that’s not AFL quality. They’re state level, and can do things there but Ross’ idealism of trying to turn a state level gem was tiring. Barlow wasn’t his find, Spurr probably around his time. Stuff hard effort, it’s clear without hard effort for these guys, there’s limited talent.

3/4 more years of settling the list is 8/9 years without finals.
Longmuir hasn't got 3 years of experiment, this season is the time for experiment. Freo needs to make finals 2021.
Don't play the boys you mentioned.
Blakely, Banfield, Duman as protection for the youngsters and Fyfe. Who out of the current mids can block for and protect Fyfe.
I liked Ross but he was conservative and had his favourite s, unfortunately at the minute Longmuir is going down the same path.

I want success and I want it NOW damn you Lyon!

Waiting

Waiting

Waiting

Waiting

Nope, still nothing.

I want success and I want it NOW damn you S&C!

Waiting

Waiting

Waiting

Nope, still nothing.

I want success and I want it NOW damn you recruitment team!

Waiting

Waiting

Waiting

Nope, still nothing

I want success and I want it NOW damn you Colyer / Schultz / Bewley / Cox damn you.

Waiting

Waiting

Waiting

Are we there yet?

Waiting

Waiting

Waiting

Waiting

Nope, still nothing.

Waiting

Waiting

Waiting

Nope, still nothing.

Waiting

Waiting

Waiting

Nope, still nothing

I want success and I want it NOW damn you Colyer / Schultz / Bewley / Cox damn you.

Waiting

Waiting

Waiting

Are we there yet?
Hopefully those in a position of power at the club are doing just that. Thinking about what's not working and then attempting to change it.

Should we sing happy songs instead and pat each other on the back for all the success we've had.

Waiting

Waiting

Waiting

Waiting

Nope, still nothing.

Waiting

Waiting

Waiting

Nope, still nothing.

Waiting

Waiting

Waiting

Nope, still nothing

Waiting

Waiting

Waiting

Are we there yet?

Patience is a virtue . Who cares if it's a possible 9 years without finals .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully those in a position of power at the club are doing just that. Thinking about what's not working and then attempting to change it.

Should we sing happy songs instead and pat each other on the back for all the success we've had.
You're right, moaning about it and fighting amongst ourselves on a discussion forum seems to have worked well so far...

Maybe just a few verses of Kumbaya?

We all get frustrated and venting is fine, but we can be smart and have a little bit of self-awareness about it at the same time. Also get that it's nice for us to feel some deeper connection to the club, but maybe not kid ourselves that venting on big footy is going to contribute to the club success in any way shape or form.

And it could be finals next year, who knows?

View attachment 899989

Yep exactly what was said in 2016,17,18,19 20 and now 21.
Don't forget the next year will be our premiership year.
How many years have we been trotting that out.
My grandson born in around 95 has given me a great grandson and now we are all waiting patiently for next year. :)

Yep exactly what was said in 2016,17,18,19 20 and now 21.
Don't forget the next year will be our premiership year.
How many years have we been trotting that out.
My grandson born in around 95 has given me a great grandson and now we are all waiting patiently for next year. :)
You will be rewarded in heaven for your patience Salim ;)

And for the darker moments...

1593131102750.png

For me personally even if the club looks in dire straits, I just try to be as positive as possible. Try and always look on the bright side of things. There's more to life than being negative all the time. I've had my fair share of melts but at the end of the day they aren't worth it. I love Fremantle and want nothing but the best for the club but I'm not gonna be overwhelmingly negative. I'll criticise, but positivity is always the best way to go.

3/4 more years of settling the list is 8/9 years without finals.
Longmuir hasn't got 3 years of experiment, this season is the time for experiment. Freo needs to make finals 2021.
Don't play the boys you mentioned.
Blakely, Banfield, Duman as protection for the youngsters and Fyfe. Who out of the current mids can block for and protect Fyfe.
I liked Ross but he was conservative and had his favourite s, unfortunately at the minute Longmuir is going down the same path.
Finals in 2021 is far fetched let’s be honest. That means you’re expecting Serong, Young to fast track their development all the while out KPP stocks still bare. Remember we’re a Pearce or Hamling injury away from it all collapsing. That’s how’s precarious it is.
The teams that make finals have their depth sorted as well as experience. We have neither.

Its time Colyer, Conca, Matera, Mundy (got runs on the board) etc started helping in leading these young kids.
we are leaving it to too few, Fyfe Walters Aish
These recruits who have played plenty of AFL need to lift, or they can GAGF

Remove this Banner Ad

Back