News ISC to leave the AFL in 2020 (Confirmed)

Remove this Banner Ad

This has been brewing for a while. They simply have too many contracts with too many teams.

Basically all existing contracts were on the table for about the past 12 months, meaning clubs had the option of walking away if they wanted to go with another supplier.

Yeah we’ve had a few ISC local clubs who are waiting on orders from before COVID-19 approach us where I work. It was almost inevitable though, they were already so dependent on large influxes of cashflow and that dried up.

It’s consistent with the iron-on MG logos on all of Port’s gear this season. It’s been months since the sponsorship announcement so plenty of time for another batch to be manufactured. At first I thought they just didn’t care to do another run because we’re changing to a different supplier next season but perhaps they simply can’t afford to.

This has been brewing for a while. They simply have too many contracts with too many teams.

Basically all existing contracts were on the table for about the past 12 months, meaning clubs had the option of walking away if they wanted to go with another supplier.

Imagine how much the Collingwood, Brisbane, Souths and easts will cost. Obviously they would have high sales but the cost of acquiring the contract would be massive. Grain of salt partly because this feed has been open for a while and still no public administration calls. Very clear from everything the company is having monetary issues but how it will be handled is something that will be seen soon enough.

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

It must be noted that even though BLK were apparently going under, they are still around so there is ways through it.

The trouble is they have far too many contracts then they can really afford and they aren't just the average teams either, they are massive teams which would cost them heaps.

If true, it is quite sad. I have quite liked ISC for a while now and was wrapped when we signed with them last year! Love their gear

I was waiting on stuff for my club because it was all stuck in Fiji and had to be shipped rather than air freighted, as no cargo planes were allowed to leave the country at the time. Took eight weeks instead of two days. Not sure what the situation is now. Nothing to do with issues around production or money (at that stage, not sure about now)

Yeah we’ve had a few ISC local clubs who are waiting on orders from before COVID-19 approach us where I work. It was almost inevitable though, they were already so dependent on large influxes of cashflow and that dried up.

- Port Adelaide MG heat pressed still despite months to get it right
- Port Adelaide huge sponsors on shorts
- St Kilda and Gold Coast ISC gear removed from On Sport
- St Kilda not selling the training guernsey yellow version
- Potentially St Kilda not wearing the purple Maddie's Match ISC guernsey
- Gold Coast Suns training guernseys removed from ISC and Suns Shop website
- Melbourne Storm removed ISC from website
- New website has been launching for 'ages'

Clubs don’t sell every piece of apparel that the players wear - the Saints said ages ago they weren’t selling the yellow guernsey.

Anyway, the issue is that ISC are sitting on loads of stock that isn’t selling, for obvious reasons, but the clubs still want all of their cash and contra (despite, you know, not having played any games or given any exposures or sales for three months) so ISC are ending deals early, paying what they owe etc and getting out. They have renewed some but won’t have anywhere near as many clubs next season. They’ll be fine. It’s not the next BLK.

And there might be some really good sales coming up soon I suspect!

- Port Adelaide MG heat pressed still despite months to get it right
- Port Adelaide huge sponsors on shorts
- St Kilda and Gold Coast ISC gear removed from On Sport
- St Kilda not selling the training guernsey yellow version
- Potentially St Kilda not wearing the purple Maddie's Match ISC guernsey
- Gold Coast Suns training guernseys removed from ISC and Suns Shop website
- Melbourne Storm removed ISC from website
- New website has been launching for 'ages'

Just further to all that I know the Saints have a new supplier for 2021. ISC only signed them and GC as a favour to the AFL last year and were happy to let them go. No idea who the new supplier is, let the speculation begin!

Also there’s a new brand coming into the NRL called Castore - three teams have signed already. Apparently it’s a very high end UK brand, and they’ve spent quite a bit to get these three clubs but have no infrastructure in Australia or anything. I guess it’s about brand awareness so they can keep selling $100 t-shirts!

Just further to all that I know the Saints have a new supplier for 2021. ISC only signed them and GC as a favour to the AFL last year and were happy to let them go. No idea who the new supplier is, let the speculation begin!

Also there’s a new brand coming into the NRL called Castore - three teams have signed already. Apparently it’s a very high end UK brand, and they’ve spent quite a bit to get these three clubs but have no infrastructure in Australia or anything. I guess it’s about brand awareness so they can keep selling $100 t-shirts!
Castore are partly owned by Andy Murray and will supply the rangers in the spfl next season. Macron were reported to be signing with Port next year so we will see if there is more to just the reported port sponsorship. Also going to see more puma and under armour in the years to come, imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Castore are partly owned by Andy Murray and will supply the rangers in the spfl next season. Macron were reported to be signing with Port next year so we will see if there is more to just the reported port sponsorship. Also going to see more puma and under armour in the years to come, imo.
I haven't really liked the UA Essendon range. It seems rather cheap looking imo.

Do like Puma though- they have done great stuff (as has ISC imo)

I haven't really liked the UA Essendon range. It seems rather cheap looking imo.

Do like Puma though- they have done great stuff (as has ISC imo)
Not sure about ua stuff, haven't seen them irl yet. Puma has looked pretty good so far. Isc have been pretty good but have gone down in quality and design over the past couple of years from what I've seen.

Interestingly, Collingwood's netball team have starting using Nike apparel (hence the picture of Pies CEO here).
42ec0b5d-fd6c-4be6-89fc-f3265e27443b-jpeg.898257

Maybe a sign that (AFL) Collingwood will be with them from next season? Wouldn't surprise me considered with the rumours that have swirling around about Collingwood/Nike for a while.

Interestingly, Collingwood's netball team have starting using Nike apparel (hence the picture of Pies CEO here).

Maybe a sign that (AFL) Collingwood will be with them from next season? Wouldn't surprise me considered with the rumours that have swirling around about Collingwood/Nike for a while.
That's the Collingwood FC badge as well, The Magpies netball one is different

Confirmed ISC will dump all AFL and NRL clubs end of 2020

The game’s biggest jersey supplier has confirmed it will walk away from the game at season’s end, leaving a potential multimillion-dollar hole in club coffers.
ISC – which is the official apparel partner and merchandise supplier of eight clubs – blamed the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic for its decision to part ways with clubs.

The company has partnerships with last year’s grand finalists Sydney Roosters and Canberra plus a host of other clubs including Parramatta, South Sydney, Wests Tigers, Brisbane, North Queensland and Melbourne.

ISC’s chief executive Jason Schulman said his company had invested significantly into the game in recent years through sponsorships and royalties.

“The licensing apparel model for professional sporting teams in general has been under pressure for some time due to a number of factors,” Schulman said.

“With the COVID-19 global pandemic and resulting effect on both the sporting and retail landscapes having a devastating and unprecedented impact on all sporting bodies, entities and related businesses, the ISC Licensing business has been no different.”

Clubs and the company have been in negotiations with in recent weeks. The terms of each of these deals are different with some fortunate to have their contracts expiring at the end of the year so the financial impact will not be as significant.

Others were locked into long-term deals.

Schulman confirmed the company would also withdraw from AFL clubs. It will remain trading as part of its teamwear division servicing grassroots clubs.

If Nike dish up the rubbish service they gave Carlton it won't be worth the investment.
The Pies would sell a lot of merchandise and replicas and they won't stand for iron on patches

I was told this morning by someone quite senior there that they were going to have about four or five total across the two codes. But don’t be surprised if they come back and pick up some more clubs when the market corrects itself over a few years, or clubs use their Teamwear model where ISC do the design and manufacture but the clubs take responsibility for sales and distribution. Might end up being like the EPL where club shops are the only place you can get gear for some clubs.

Confirmed ISC will dump all AFL and NRL clubs end of 2020

If Nike dish up the rubbish service they gave Carlton it won't be worth the investment.
The Pies would sell a lot of merchandise and replicas and they won't stand for iron on patches

carlton are puma now. And they are still iron on rubbish. In fact now our monogram for the first time in our history is also iron on.

When i emailed the club about this accusing them of picking chooser options with merch, they were adamant that both iron on and embroidered costs the same but they just chose iron on cause it “Fits and looks better”. Load of rubbish.

i dont think enough people pass their feedback on to the club because on these forums, everyone hates the iron on kmart style merch we have.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back