Play Nice Random Chat Thread IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have also previously responded to your continual churning of this literal Marxism claim by pointing out that your are interpreting Peterson incorrectly.

He's referring to "cultural marxism" as a psychological group dynamic, whereas you continue to read it down in a dry political manner, either by design or due to ignorance.

Ironically, Peterson addresses the "pathological oversimplification" (you) of "ideologues" (you) at ~ 12:40:

Snake don’t pretend you’re not an ideologue. It’s ******* hilarious.

Cultural Marxism is an ideological concept that is spouted by a small group of ideologues. It has no basis in anything other than ideology.
If you want to build a ship, you don’t divide the men into teams and send them to the forest to cut wood. Instead, you teach them of adventure and to long for the endless immensity of the sea.

ignore ideology at your own peril, as what you might dismiss as a text book, another group, similar in thought, is being trained on how to dream.

How about the Women's World Cup getting the look in Australia! Will be amazing for the country and especially the Matildas.

Also given this is random chat, I'm dropping in the podcast here. Until one of the moderators starts a thread for it 😉 give it a listen and a like. I'm sure you will love it.

Cultural Marxism is an ideological concept that is spouted by a small group of ideologues. It has no basis in anything other than ideology.

So it does not have the power to compel people in certain ways as a psychological phenomenon?

This is your claim?

I wonder if Melbourians are smart enough to follow suit.. Mr Andrews please stand up.
Notice all the cities in the US that banned the use are all the tech hubs..

Boston joined cities like San Francisco, Oakland, California, and Cambridge, Massachusetts, on Wednesday in passing a vote to ban facial recognition technology for municipal use. It's the second largest city in the US to ban facial recognition, after San Francisco enacted its ban in May 2019.

The ordinance passed unanimously and will prevent the capital city from using facial recognition technology or obtaining software for conducting surveillance using the technology.
Read more..

I wonder if Melbourians are smart enough to follow suit.. Mr Andrews please stand up.
Notice all the cities in the US that banned the use are all the tech hubs..

Boston joined cities like San Francisco, Oakland, California, and Cambridge, Massachusetts, on Wednesday in passing a vote to ban facial recognition technology for municipal use. It's the second largest city in the US to ban facial recognition, after San Francisco enacted its ban in May 2019.

The ordinance passed unanimously and will prevent the capital city from using facial recognition technology or obtaining software for conducting surveillance using the technology.
Read more..
You can't allow this s**t to happen.
I hope there's a united front

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

It's barely even that.

What did Marx say?

The conflict between labour and capital is inevitable because capital us such a pack of campaigners at the moment. The only to break them is a revolution and to then build a society where the workers are in charge.

Central to his idea is the exploitation of labour by capital to get s**t done.

The only possible relationship that has with cultural Marxism is removing sex differences in wages, which if it hasn't happened already is currently happening, and the recognition of household labour ie housework. Which is also ... Well at least somewhat different to what it was.

It's bloody economics.

The only reason they pick they word Marxism is to exhume McCartney, again...

To take advantage of the emotion generated by Cold War fears. A lot of the violence the state demands of people only comes thru exploiting fear. Same process is at play here. One of the consequences of Marxism is the ALP. Unions and workers rights are a response to Marxism by capital and labour as a way to avoid an authoritarian shithole of a society.

Which either extreme (ie too much power in the hands or either labour or capital) lead to...

But you won't hear the likes of Petersen recognise that cos they either don't have the wit or it doesn't suit their marketing narrative.

The term came from US Fundy Christian groups in the last quarter of last century, maybe even as late as the 90s. As part of their push to politicise the religious vote and turn the clock back to the 50s. Which was a decade so uptight and paranoid that even the real actual cultural Marxists struggled to get a laugh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You talking about group conditioning or cultural Marxism? They’re not the same thing

Except where cultural Marxism applies as group conditioning.

Your attempts to splinter this down to redundancy are laughable.

Snake it’s an ideological concept. Has Peterson had any work on cultural Marxism peer reviewed? Hell, has anyone?

Are you going to tell me that ideology does not have psychological underpinnings?

Seriously?

Has Peterson had any work on cultural Marxism peer reviewed? Hell, has anyone?

He's a professor of behavioral psychology who has had reams of stuff peer reviewed.

Are you being obtuse, or are you actually incapable of seeing this in any greater sense than a dry political text book understanding?

You cannot separate politics and emotion (psychology) in the real world!!!

Are you going to tell me that ideology does not have psychological underpinnings?

Seriously?

He's a professor of behavioral psychology who has had reams of stuff peer reviewed.

Are you being obtuse, or are you actually incapable of seeing this in any greater sense than a dry political text book understanding?

You cannot separate politics and emotion (psychology) in the real world!!!

Has he had any of his work on cultural Marxism peer reviewed? It’s a simple question.

It’s a political concept. You can’t see it because you agree with it it’s political underpinnings.

It’s hard to stay relevant

I hope they have greater concern these days for poor old Earl. He may well have been a sh1t cu%t, but death? 🙃 Lucky he was less pigmented I guess

You're being obtuse. I get it.

The paint will dry in a while and you will be able to walk out.

View attachment 900455

Ok snake. If you can provide any peer reviewed scientific study of the concept of cultural Marxism I’ll delete my account. You can’t.

It’s an idea pushed by far right political devotees.

It’s hard to stay relevant

It may also lead to an increase in gay fellas hitting on straight fellas. Imagine, if you will, some straight fellas talking music, lets call it country music, 1 fella likes Keith Urban, but not Lee Kernaghan, another fella likes Shania Twain, but not The Chicks. First fella says "Shania Twain but not who?" Other fella says i don't like The Chicks" just as a gay fella walks by. :-D

Ok snake. If you can provide any peer reviewed scientific study of the concept of cultural Marxism I’ll delete my account. You can’t.

It’s an idea pushed by far right political devotees.

You're asking absurd unrelated questions.

He doesn't have to specialize in Marx's political writings in order to academically analyze the resulting behavioural group psychology.

FFS, Marx himself didn't foresee the various perverted monstrosities that his political philosophy ultimately became.

You're not achieving anything with this bullshit angle, other than making yourself look ridiculous.

You're asking absurd unrelated questions.

He doesn't have to specialize in Marx's political writings in order to academically analyze the resulting behavioural group psychology.

FFS, Marx himself didn't foresee the various perverted monstrosities that his political philosophy ultimately became.

You're not achieving anything with this bullshit angle, other than making yourself look ridiculous.

It’s not a bullshit angle. If it had any scientific merit, there’d be studies analysing it as concept. There isn’t.

Cultural Marxism is pushed by political groups, exclusively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back