List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Thread.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 25, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Williams is a definite no for me. 4 Million for a HB - yeah righto Ralphy. Rowell and Green are proving that the top end of the draft's where it's at. We've been slow on that uptake for way too long. Time to change. Sic'em Brady..

TurnoverMerchant

Vanilla Campaigner
Jul 11, 2019
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
I'm sorry, but Zac Williams is a turnover king at its finest! Can't kick for s**t. I was not impressed with his performance against us especially.

shimaburnsgrieg

Premiership Player
Apr 1, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Williams is a definite no for me. 4 Million for a HB - yeah righto Ralphy. Rowell and Green are proving that the top end of the draft's where it's at. We've been slow on that uptake for way too long. Time to change. Sic'em Brady..
Williams is an FA - changes the picture completely.

Its just a matter of whether we can meet his wage demands vis a vis other clubs and getting him to choose us. No wasting draft picks required here.

He played well in finals last year - that is important.

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Coney Island Warriors
Being reported in Sydney this morning in the real estate pages that Josh Kelly has put the home he purchased in Coogee only a few months ago on the market due to a ‘change in circumstances’ whatever that means...

We're more likely to buy the house than sign Kelly.

shimaburnsgrieg

Premiership Player
Apr 1, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
We accept we will have to pay overs to get these FA's across to us - that shouldn't be an issue for us as we still paying well below the cap.

The key here is to be selective and land our target(s) - Zac is one of those.

Jan 25, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
You would think the likes of Jacobs, Garner & Wood might leave the list at the end of this year and that will clear a fair bit of cap space too.

Would be good if we could pick up an experienced player or two this year, but still maintain a lot of cap space. Will be useful in the future, whether that be for other acquisitions or pay increases for our young guns.

Fish Sticks

All Australian
Mar 2, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
We should be all in for Zac Williams... the exact type of player we have been crying out for... we have not had that run & gun player off the HB line since Kingy (Atley is not that player)
Being a free agent is even more appealing! Won’t cost us anything except for a wad of cash we’ve had lying around for years. Get him!! Can play midfield too, as shown in last years finals series.
Josh Kelly would be a dream come true!
And both... well that is beyond my wildest dreams! Would put us firmly in the ‘premiership window’

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2007
melb home of the kangas
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
hellas,liverpool,storm,au
We should be all in for Zac Williams... the exact type of player we have been crying out for... we have not had that run & gun player off the HB line since Kingy (Atley is not that player)
Being a free agent is even more appealing! Won’t cost us anything except for a wad of cash we’ve had lying around for years. Get him!! Can play midfield too, as shown in last years finals series.
And both... well that is beyond my wildest dreams! Would put us firmly in the ‘premiership window’
Josh kelly can be the following years free agent.
Get Zac and papley for a first rounder.
Our other 1st rounder on a gun junior
That equals two guns to for the now n future and one gun for the future plus kelly next year

kaboom kid

From the River to the Sea, Israel will be free.
Apr 28, 2016
Destination club
AFL Club
North Melbourne
War chest creaks open.....

sruss

Club Legend
Feb 12, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I hope Brady is looking at luring whatever talent he can to the club from the 14, 15 and 16 draft. If Simpkin at 22 is the leader of our kids, and Higgins, Tarrant and Cunners are our a-grade veterans, there’s a real gap in between those two groups.
The kids are clearly special. We need to be very smart with the list we develop around them to avoid stuffing this up

I think we could delist ten guys tomorrow without any detrimental impact. Some are always injured but at days end you must get on the park.
But you always think that every year. You need depth, you need a plan that's longer term than throwing all the toys out of the cot every offseason. Ongoing instability won't make the list better either. Look at Carlton.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back