Review AFL R4 v Fremantle @Metricon 7:40pm Saturday 28 June

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
I would be surprised if the government let them fly down there after last 10 days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
As long as they avoid Melbourne they are fine, fly into Avalon if needed. No cases outside of Melbourne being reported, despite what the media would lead you to believe.

Dec 5, 2015
Bueng Kan,Thailand
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Geez OB we must be watching different games... Hanley has to go... Given away two goals, my heart is my mouth every time he has it... Holman has been immense!
Like Ellis back to HBF, Rankine onto the bench, Bowes onto the wing..

I'm not too sure about Holman but Hanley had an absolute mare of a game. Free kicks 12-4 against in the 2nd half didn't help.

Greendogg

Club Legend
Nov 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Alright swap Hanley out and let's roll Geelong and really make the footy world take notice
Remember when the Tasmanian Talent, Mac Willis debuted down at Kardinya Park in a rain storm... He was never the same.. can we do that to Rankine? Well he is 10 times better, so should be Ok.

RowellAnderson12

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 4, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Max Verstappen, Pacers, DR3
Supersun stealing every comment from my mouth, great calls tonight

Great win by the lads to grind out freo. They played hard and they did look good when they had possession but it was mostly in their defensive half.

Few Notes
1. Rowell is a gun now $9 for Brownlow
2. Hanley and harbrow are shocking and we don’t have replacements
3. Disposals aren’t everything, Greenwood tagging Fyfe, Collins and Ballard clutching it, Holman pressure all played apart to a good win
4. Bowes is a star
5. Ben king is gonna be better than lynch
6. Day has to go out for Corbett who can actually take contested marks
7. Everyone enjoy the win, we deserve it, and have some belief for Geelong next week we can do it

Greendogg

Club Legend
Nov 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Supersun stealing every comment from my mouth, great calls tonight

Great win by the lads to grind out freo. They played hard and they did look good when they had possession but it was mostly in their defensive half.

Few Notes
1. Rowell is a gun now $9 for Brownlow
2. Hanley and harbrow are shocking and we don’t have replacements
3. Disposals aren’t everything, Greenwood tagging Fyfe, Collins and Ballard clutching it, Holman pressure all played apart to a good win
4. Bowes is a star
5. Ben king is gonna be better than lynch
6. Day has to go out for Corbett who can actually take contested marks
7. Everyone enjoy the win, we deserve it, and have some belief for Geelong next week we can do it
Nice post but Who is back up Ruck if Day goes out.. might have to bring Wright in.. we all want Corbett though...
Also King going to be better than Lynch is a massive call.. not saying you're wrong but..
How about this one, Rowell will be better for Gold Coast then Ablett was..

RowellAnderson12

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 4, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Nice post but Who is back up Ruck if Day goes out.. might have to bring Wright in.. we all want Corbett though...
Also King going to be better than Lynch is a massive call.. not saying you're wrong but..
How about this one, Rowell will be better for Gold Coast then Ablett was..

I’m sure Rowell can ruck

AuTo00Z

Club Legend
Feb 12, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Can't see Sexton going, he was Ok tonight and he has lot of runs on the board.. would love to see Corbett in for Day.. but we need a back up Ruck...
Rankine for Hanley with some positional shuffle...
Yeah you gotta keep Sexton. He can create goals out of nothing, and I feel the goals will come eventually, and he's actually applying a good amount forward pressure. Day is needed as back-up ruck, so it's either him or Wright (Corbett not tall enough). Not only that, but I feel that King and Day have chemistry, and know how to stay out of each's others way. Hanley looks cooked though, and should probably be replaced by maybe Fiorini (or Swallow if you wanna bring in someone like Rankine). But hey, the team is winning, so let's not be in a such a rush to make changes.

Mt Isa Mustang

Cancelled
Dream Team Club Board Winner
Nov 23, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Just got back from the game.
Loved it.
Did a lot of things well. Made some terrible errors (Hanley! my god). ill discipline killed us at times.
Many things to work on still but enjoyed some excellent passages of play.

Thought Rowell, Lukosius, Bowes, Miller were our best
Holman's defensive pressure so good.
Think Anderson probably had his best game for the club.

Crowd cheered hard. Team seemed to appreciate it.
Onwards and upwards!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jun 7, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Subiaco Lions
What the hell happened to Powell after HT? Some reason just didn't get near it. Did so much damage in the first couple of quarters.
You need to chill out. Your yoyo from hysteric optimism to harsh criticism is too much. It'll be okay.

James Brayshaw IQ = 4

Corkie

Premiership Player
Aug 6, 2013
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Gold Coast United
Just got back from the game.
Loved it.
Did a lot of things well. Made some terrible errors (Hanley! my god). ill discipline killed us at times.
Many things to work on still but enjoyed some excellent passages of play.

Thought Rowell, Lukosius, Bowes, Miller were our best
Holman's defensive pressure so good.
Think Anderson probably had his best game for the club.

Crowd cheered hard. Team seemed to appreciate it.
Onwards and upwards!

I love Darcy Mac but he really needs to get the ill-disciplined acts out of his game. No need for it. Momentum killers.

Mt Isa Mustang

Cancelled
Nov 23, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Dockers have been clean in tight. Very clean. We're struggling with the dew.
Felt and looked really dry - far more so than our usual night games, did it come across as Dewy on the broadcast?
Was very mild temperature wise - was expecting to be freezing. Seemed perfect conditions for footy.

Mar 18, 2011
Everett
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
New England Patriots
757339.jpg

How good.

Mar 18, 2011
Everett
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
New England Patriots
Felt and looked really dry - far more so than our usual night games, did it come across as Dewy on the broadcast?
Was very mild temperature wise - was expecting to be freezing. Seemed perfect conditions for footy.
Lots of dropped marks by us, players slipping over. Though on hindsight the ground looked a bit chewed up. Maybe from the earlier game today?

RowellAnderson12

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 4, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
If we are desperate to replace Hanley well our skipper swallow has experience there and wouldn’t be the worst option

Mt Isa Mustang

Cancelled
Nov 23, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Lots of dropped marks by us, players slipping over. Though on hindsight the ground looked a bit chewed up. Maybe from the earlier game today?
Yep, could definitely see a decent amount of wear and tear.
I don't think it was Dewy, ball wasn't skidding at all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back