Streaming The Netflix Thread

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

The story arc of Schitt's Creek is about these very insufferable rich people who lose everything, and then by living in this small town in a motel they find their humanity again. They are insufferable for a reason in the beginning. We watched half of the first season thinking we might stop then all of a sudden we couldn't stop watching it. It becomes a really great series. But I think you need to see them at their insufferable worse to appreciate how their characters change and grow. To me, that was the genius of the show.

I watched all 6 seasons in about a month. I think your account of the show is a great one. Such a shame there isn't going to be a great 7th season, but I respect that Daniel Levy wanted to go out without diluting the characters and the greatness of the show.

The Sinner season 3 started out interesting but fizzled out with an ending like one of Stephen King's patented lame endings.
The last few episodes got worse and worse. It was dreadful by the end. Utter garbage.
Sinner 3...was just weird that finale...I have googled to make sense of it and the press interviews with the cast suggest it leads into a final Season 4 ending... The grave story...really..really?!

Bugger. I literally just finished watching Season 1 and liked it a fair bit. Thought it would make for a good anthology series, with the Bill Pullman character link also a positive idea.

I presume the quality of the seasons slowly descend then?

Bugger. I literally just finished watching Season 1 and liked it a fair bit. Thought it would make for a good anthology series, with the Bill Pullman character link also a positive idea.

I presume the quality of the seasons slowly descend then?

Umm, tbh I didn’t finish Season 2. It started well but I couldn’t get to the end after literal months of restarting. I still don’t know how it ended.

Season 3 is better

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've watched a couple of episodes of a vampire series with Christine Applegate (sorry can't remember the name) where she bites people and puts them in her freezer. its hilarious. I think there is only two series as the vegans went up in arms and started protesting. Good grief it is only a tv show.

I've watched a couple of episodes of a vampire series with Christine Applegate (sorry can't remember the name) where she bites people and puts them in her freezer. its hilarious. I think there is only two series as the vegans went up in arms and started protesting. Good grief it is only a tv show.
I think the show you're thinking of is Santa Clarita Diet, but it's with Drew Barrymore, not Christina Applegate. Don't know if vegans actually had anything to do with it being cancelled...

Anyone following Snowpeircer? I’m loving it but have never seen the movie. I will once this season finishes. Not sure if it’s on Netflix in Oz but a VPN opens so many different shows. I can’t get the UK office in France but I can using a US VPN. I can’t get The Office (USA) using USA VPN but i can if using Canada.

Anyone following Snowpeircer? I’m loving it but have never seen the movie. I will once this season finishes. Not sure if it’s on Netflix in Oz but a VPN opens so many different shows. I can’t get the UK office in France but I can using a US VPN. I can’t get The Office (USA) using USA VPN but i can if using Canada.
I caved and got Binge.com and that has all the HBO stuff on there as well as The Office, Parks and Rec and heaps of other good shows. at 10 bucks a month i find it better value than Netflix.

I caved and got Binge.com and that has all the HBO stuff on there as well as The Office, Parks and Rec and heaps of other good shows. at 10 bucks a month i find it better value than Netflix.

If you've never had Foxtel (or haven't had Foxtel for a while), then this would clearly be the best choice amongst streamers imo. If you couple it with Kayo, then you practically get most of what Foxtel has to offer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back