Player Watch #25: Toby Nankervis

Remove this Banner Ad

Best thing to come out of yesterday’s game. Was jumping higher (albeit against an undersized opponent) and hunting the ball at ground level like he did prior to groin surgery.

Marshall's 2cm taller, 2kg heavier, just not as strong as Nank, or half as aggressive.

Numerous times when Nank wanted to hold his ground in the A-spot under the ball, Marshall just couldn't move him and gave away frees as a result.

Was a great game from both, but I gave the points to Nank and he was our best player by a country mile.

Marshall's 2cm taller, 2kg heavier, just not as strong as Nank, or half as aggressive.

Numerous times when Nank wanted to hold his ground in the A-spot under the ball, Marshall just couldn't move him and gave away frees as a result.

Was a great game from both, but I gave the points to Nank and he was our best player by a country mile.
looked like the Nank of 2017. It was great to see him physically performing like that again the groin surgery took it’s toll but maybe that’s behind him now

looked like the Nank of 2017. It was great to see him physically performing like that again the groin surgery took it’s toll but maybe that’s behind him now

Looked at face value like he was fully over it, just hope it's not a recurring niggle type situation that requires constant management.

Not sure if it was a back to fitness thing or a pride thing having lost his place as number 1 ruck to Soldo, but Nank was certainly back to his 2017 best. I thought his body had started to hold him back with the groin injuries but he was awesome, hopefully a sign he is not restricted by it any more, or if it was a confidence thing hope he can carry on with it.

so if they've been brought to the hub would that mean the plan is to have them playing in 2-3 weeks?
He’s running again so that could be about right if he pulls up ok

Not sure if they’re playing scratch matches up there during the busy part of the season, so there may not be the opportunity to ease him back into it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Soldo appears to have been running out of gas a little in the last week so it was very timely having Nank back in last night.
He was excellent considering it was first game back and the caliber of opponent he had to face.

Great combo. Soldo taps and acting as that tall target, and Nank monstering things.

I’ve been a fan of the mabs and soldo combo but with nank in the team the midfield walks taller.

reminds me of maric with how he throws his body around giving us another midfielder. I think nank is the main one we gotta keep the most out of our 3 main rucks.

he learnt quickly how to nullify Nic nats jump in the centre on Thursday and I think it went a long way to us getting on top in the centre

Can we stop having Toby traded off halfway through the year now? The guy steps it up hugely during finals. One of our best finals players.

He's been good hasn't he! Ripping game against two big men on Friday. Still think we are touch better with Soldo. That said, that goodness we have Nank as back up. If CCJ kicked in the arse the person most responsible for his current circumstances, he wouldn't be able to walk for a week!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back