Review AFL R4 v Fremantle @Metricon 7:40pm Saturday 28 June

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep.

Young, Serong and Flanders were all favourites to go pick 3 at different points of the year. Would've taken Young if I was Melbourne personally
Yeah i would of too, won't be able to tell how good Jackson is until 2024 ish like Timmy English

You need to chill out. Your yoyo from hysteric optimism to harsh criticism is too much. It'll be okay.

James Brayshaw IQ = 4
That's just Sunny_ though, Always been that way 🤷‍♂️

Probably fair. I get a bit emotional.
Don't we all? I was waiting for the other shoe to drop all night. So dae so good.

What disgraceful behaviour by Matt Taberner he should get a week for that.

No one untucks Matt Rowell’s shirt :tearsofjoy:

You just don't tug on superman cape like that, Asking for trouble.

I'm erect at work and I don't even care 😍

Watched the replay after coming home so only waking up now. Fantastic effort by the boys but the umpiring leaves a bad taste in the mouth, does anyone know if there is a review process for umpires as otherwise it’s a stain on what was otherwise a great game

Watched the replay after coming home so only waking up now. Fantastic effort by the boys but the umpiring leaves a bad taste in the mouth, does anyone know if there is a review process for umpires as otherwise it’s a stain on what was otherwise a great game
Well there was umpires based up on the hub so going down to Melbourne next week we should get new umpires hopefully.

Well there was umpires based up on the hub so going down to Melbourne next week we should get new umpires hopefully.
Don’t get me wrong I think they do the best they can but so many poor or outright wrong decision should be reviewed by senior umpires and the umpires involved educated

watching the replay, i counted 10-2 free kicks freo's way in the last quarter. was infuriating at the ground, albeit some were probably warranted. makes me wonder if there are umpiring KPIs to ensure free kick counts aren't too heavily favoured in one direction or another. too often we see a massive swing in one direction in the last quarter to even things up, bizarre.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

watching the replay, i counted 10-2 free kicks freo's way in the last quarter. was infuriating at the ground, albeit some were probably warranted. makes me wonder if there are umpiring KPIs to ensure free kick counts aren't too heavily favoured in one direction or another. too often we see a massive swing in one direction in the last quarter to even things up, bizarre.

The anger in the crowd was next level and despite us winning those imposters were boo’d off the ground with intensity.

That's just Sunny_ though, Always been that way

Don't we all? I was waiting for the other shoe to drop all night. So dae so good.

You just don't tug on superman cape like that, Asking for trouble.

I'm erect at work and I don't even care
Upon reflection it was an unfair callout by me. Happy to retract. Everyone supports in their own way!

James Brayshaw IQ = 4

Can't believe people were suggesting that Harbrow had a poor game.
I thought he was pretty good on the night and just watching the replay I didn't really see any glaring errors.
Fremantles small forwards didn't do much which is most important. Other than Walters who's 2 goals came after shocking Pearce Hanley turnovers.
He had 6 intercept possessions (2nd most)
Gave the other defenders an option on the way out of defence (8 marks - team high)
Used the ball well 93% disposal efficiency.

Wittsy this year- I know, I know, the Sandy love fest continues
It's so noticeable with his confidence growing in our stoppage mids he's tapping to our advantage
Up until this year he was obviously being coached to drop it at his feet to give us a 50/50 chance of contested ball
Loving the fact he can now use his big football brain and big man skills to give us first use and initiate the first movement
Also he's getting around the ground more, but I think he's limited in that because he doesn't have much quick twitch fibre
He'll pull all day like a D40 but don't ask him to do the quarter mile sprint

Wittsy this year- I know, I know, the Sandy love fest continues
It's so noticeable with his confidence growing in our stoppage mids he's tapping to our advantage
Up until this year he was obviously being coached to drop it at his feet to give us a 50/50 chance of contested ball
Loving the fact he can now use his big football brain and big man skills to give us first use and initiate the first movement
Also he's getting around the ground more, but I think he's limited in that because he doesn't have much quick twitch fibre
He'll pull all day like a D40 but don't ask him to do the quarter mile sprint

How good is it when he rips the ball out of the ruck in the centre and boots it forward at the start of the quarter - really sets the tone.

I saw last night that he had 87% game time - I just wonder if Day being in the team on current form based on being 2nd ruck for 10% of the game and staying out of Ben King's way is enough to keep him in the team if Corbett is apparently banging down the selectors door with his performances. Could use a player who could a grab and kick a couple goals a game in the 2nd key post.

I wonder if the Suns would think about borrowing from Richmond's philosophy when they played Grigg as a 2nd ruck / onballer? I could see Greenwood playing that role and just sharking the opposition taps in the centre and then possibly having King and Ballard take the fwd/back ruck duties for 10% of game time?

I have to confess I wonder if Corbett's limit is NEAFL/VFL/State league
Day deserves more games, but if he's a key forward he has to kick goals
I agree chop out ruck and clearing a path for King won't cut it
Personally I'd play 2MP ahead of Corbett but it's meh either way

I have to confess I wonder if Corbett's limit is NEAFL/VFL/State league
Day deserves more games, but if he's a key forward he has to kick goals
I agree chop out ruck and clearing a path for King won't cut it
Personally I'd play 2MP ahead of Corbett but it's meh either way

The good thing about having day in the forward line is if the opposition send their best defender to day it opens up king if they send to king it opens up day! Although Corbett probably has a bit more pace but if you took day out you’d probably see less goals of king

I think if we want Corbett to succeed at senior level, it has to be as the 3rd tall forward, not as one of the key fwds.

But that means we change our current fwd line set up taking out one of the smaller high pressure guys. Not sure if that’s the right thing to do?

The good thing about having day in the forward line is if the opposition send their best defender to day it opens up king if they send to king it opens up day! Although Corbett probably has a bit more pace but if you took day out you’d probably see less goals of king
I'd be optimistically just hoping for nett more goals, which is surely the only reason you'd drop Day
You can make cases for and against Sam but can you be a KPF and kick 13 goals in your last 13 games- all of them consecutive btw since Rnd 15 last year?
A goal a game -23 goals a year for a KPF ruckman is "probably" just ok if you're doing other stuff
Sam averages 0.7 goals a game over his career
I tried to think of a player from another Club who is similar.
It's actually hard.
Maybe Carlton's McGovern(1.4 goals a game career), maybe Justin Westhoff(1.1 goals avg)
There's no doubt in my mind Sam is underperforming but we have to remember he's been playing for the easybeat team of the decade-not easy being a forward
Just as a side stat 2MP averages 1.3 goals per game career average and can do everything Sam does

I think if we want Corbett to succeed at senior level, it has to be as the 3rd tall forward, not as one of the key fwds.

But that means we change our current fwd line set up taking out one of the smaller high pressure guys. Not sure if that’s the right thing to do?
I agree.Would you play Corbett over Rankine?
Not in my team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back