Autopsy post mortem v hawks

Remove this Banner Ad

Daw will need to come in and play Forward - we need someone up there who can jump other than CT. X out.

Presumably Cunners in for JZ.

It wouldn't worry me if that was JZ's last game - he knows he can't compete anymore - hurt his leg when again he was 20 meters behind his opponent.

Played like champions as soon as Ziebell went off. Horribly disappointing loss. Too many passengers tonight. I am shattered to be honest. Predicted an honourable loss at 3/4 time - was a goal out. Could see it coming.

LMac awful again.
Zurhaar played 5 minutes of footy.
Jack just terrible but I suspect carrying an injury. Well, he is now.
The two Ps scrappy all night.
Walker excellent game.
Mahoney showed a little.
Xerri fumbled all night, but hard at it and has first game credit.

Just so disappointing when this was so winnable against a team of campaigners.

You've gotta respect both Anderson and Pittard's endeavour, but we aren't going to be a finals football side with those guys in the team. Their footskills are embarrassing
not defending them but for acuracy you would really have to include Ziebel and LMac in this sentence.

2nd week in a row that rhyce has gotten too cute.

tried to maintain possession and lots of sideways movement. It was noticeable in the first where we hit a 45 and went corridor, but hawthorn coined onto that and we just were left chipping the ball around in the back half.

* the bullshit off and play hard north footy.

ziebs you can * off for the rest of the year, id rather you have op then LDU. Atley you can join him

Jack is absolutely cooked. He’s barely a local footballer at the minute.

Turned it over pretty much every time he went near it.

Most embarrassing game from a North captain as I can remember.

Hard calls needs to be made at some point.

not defending them but for acuracy you would really have to include Ziebel and LMac in this sentence.
McDonald was good tonight. Anyone potting him on that performance has blinkers on.

In reality we were a shocking Mitchell Lewis and Chad Wingard goal from winning it.

I’m not sure what umpire in the world could interpret Marley brushing past Wingards arm as holding? Mind boggling.

Didn’t deserve to win, but it stood at like dogs balls how much better that forward line looked without Jack clogging it up. All of the sudden you could see young players moving and creating space.

Ziebell is in serious trouble. No spot for him in the modern game.

McDonald was good tonight. Anyone potting him on that performance has blinkers on.

In reality we were a shocking Mitchell Lewis and Chad Wingard goal from winning it.

I’m not sure what umpire in the world could interpret Marley brushing past Wingards arm as holding? Mind boggling.

Didn’t deserve to win, but it stood at like dogs balls how much better that forward line looked without Jack clogging it up. All of the sudden you could see young players moving and creating space.

Ziebell is in serious trouble. No spot for him in the modern game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why do we stifle ourselves when we know we can play exciting football?

That last 5 mins was the sorta stuff you love to see as a fan. Blokes crashing packs, Polec getting the ball in space ready to unload, youngsters taking the game on etc.

We know we can beat teams both ways, so why be so slow for 3.5 quarters? The Hawks couldn't get near it once we got on top.

Honestly the Hawks had no answer in the last 5 mins. Moved the ball so quickly they couldn't set up for a loose rebound.

Played like champions as soon as Ziebell went off. Horribly disappointing loss. Too many passengers tonight. I am shattered to be honest. Predicted an honourable loss at 3/4 time - was a goal out. Could see it coming.

LMac awful again.
Zurhaar played 5 minutes of footy.
Jack just terrible but I suspect carrying an injury. Well, he is now.
The two Ps scrappy all night.
Walker excellent game.
Mahoney showed a little.
Xerri fumbled all night but first game credit.

Just so disappointing when this was so winnable against a team of campaigners.

LMac surely was one of our best
Anderson and Ziebell were a worry
Cunners back and the ship goes better
Thomas at the death, people wonder why I don’t bag him, that’s why, he provides something very few of our players can
Pittard much better
Mahony and Xerri, this is AFL football, very soon you will be AFL footballers
BBB you have two F&@$ing hands, please use them
Against the #sobraves Im quietly confident

Last edited:
Brown should have claimed that mark over Curtis, just has zero confidence in himself.
I felt sorry for him tonight. He just looked plain defeated. Hard when frees are there and aren't paid. That only makes things worse.

Very impressed by Walker so far. Perfect replacement for Thompson.

Broken down at CHF so many times so missing Larkey very badly. Brown needed to play deeper forward and play from the square and allow more space in the CHF.

Very surprised Polec didn't make the distance as he can kick 60 and didn't make the distance at 52.

I thought LMac played a decent game even though some said he didn't. Hayden looks good in the back pocket and will be good on players like Ainsworth from GC etc.

Doing the same thing over and over was just frustrating to watch. We have a great forward line and it was awful, again.

Disappointed with JZ this year so far but aint going to bag him.

Annoys me how little presence brown has for a key forward
somethings wrong between the ears atm, one of his great features in the past was being able to jump at the ball and take it at its highest point with 2 hands, all he is doing atm is flapping around the perimeters, the lack of contested training is possibly the culprit as he was leading like he was by himself in space and McEvoy simply owned him.

Ok. This is the thing

I don’t want to say it but there is a common theme. Zeebs comes off in the last quarter and we look automatically better. I’ve had enough

Without cunners we are ****ed. That’s the truth. He is so important for our structure

Our forward line is so dysfunctional without Larkey. He is so underestimated on how important he is for brown and the bull

One massive issues is, the pressure. We aren’t the hunter the opposition is. We are supposed to be the ones crashing and bashing into players and killing him and its nearly non existent. Bring the pressure and we look slick. Where Is our toughness?

Walker was fantastic. Few great moments from Thomas in the end quarter.

the loss is a meh for me. Fix all the factors above and we will be back to the shinboner style

LMac surely was one of our best
Anderson and Ziebell were a worry
Cunners back and the ship goes better
Thomas at the death, people wonder why I don’t bag him, that’s why, he provides something very few of our players can

Against the #sobraves Im quietly confident
Lmac was good imo.

Anderson F'd up a number of times but he is a pivotal part of the side with his pressure acts and hard hits.

Just missing BenC BIGTIME for getting the ball on the outside in stoppages.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back